• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Good Kid, M.A.A.D City
2) Until The Quiet Comes
3) Life Is Good

There's a lot I haven't heard though, including Killer Mike so it'll undoubtably change.
I really didn't listen to much hip-hop this year!

cacophony

2001_10_12_758434.jpg

Gucci won

Kendrick deserves a lot of props and SUPPORT for dropping an album true to himself. Even Swimming Pools makes sense in the context of the album. What a great accomplishment

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kendrick deserves a lot of props and SUPPORT for dropping an album true to himself. Even Swimming Pools makes sense in the context of the album. What a great accomplishment
I think a lot of people are underestimating the amount of creative control he probably got vs. every other new school cat that's come out in the past few years.

Not that that diminishes his accomplishments, as I entirely agree with your post, but he got the perfect storm that allowed him to create an album as strong as GKMC. Props to Dre for letting this happen.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I think a lot of people are underestimating the amount of creative control he probably got vs. every other new school cat that's come out in the past few years.

Not that that diminishes his accomplishments, as I entirely agree with your post, but he got the perfect storm that allowed him to create an album as strong as GKMC. Props to Dre for letting this happen.

Idk man a lot of rappers have released damn good Mixtapes that they had free reign on.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Idk man a lot of rappers have released damn good Mixtapes that they had free reign on.
That's why they're mixtapes and not major label albums. I'm looking at KRIT, Cole and Drake as the biggest victims. Drake had to sell his soul before he could make Take Care. KRIT won't get the chance again and we still have to see about Cole.

But even the mixtape isn't safe nowadays.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
That's why they're mixtapes and not major label albums. I'm looking at KRIT, Cole and Drake as the biggest victims. Drake had to sell his soul before he could make Take Care. KRIT won't get the chance again and we still have to see about Cole.

But even the mixtape isn't safe nowadays.

fair enough

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I avoided all music from MWTIF other than tick tock, this album is blowing my fucking mind. Cept white dresses, ugh, this is what everyone was hyped about? Kill yourselves.

I am not remotely surprised PD would throw his dick in that clownbeast nicki.

Fjordson

This is true. A cohesive album with songs that fit well together is a nice change of pace in a world where the focus is all on 2-3 hit singles.

DominoKid

Grimes was the first Degrassi alum to find success south of the border. In 2009, she left the show and Canada to pursue a starring role in The CW's Beverly Hills, 90210 revamp and, in the process, opened the door for many of her former castmates (including a young actor by the name of Aubrey Drake Graham) to take a stab at success in the U.S.

"I did it first so I don't think of it as a weird thing; I think of it as the natural progression of things," Grimes says of the success of other Degrassi castmembers, like The L.A. Complex's Cassie Steele and The Vampire Diaries' Nina Dobrev. "Great for them, awesome [but] I don't really speak to any of them. I know that they're all doing their own things and it's really great and I'm very proud. I listen to Drake and Lil’ Wayne all the time but that's not the Aubrey I knew; I don't know that guy."

http://www.vancouversun.com/opinion... Things Learned from 90210/6619733/story.html

12111150.jpg

IrishNinja

yeah, it would

see you could just say he sucks/etc but dick head implied some gucci "he pushes hoes out of moving cars" or budden vs fetus or some shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom