• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man with the Iron Fists isn't an album for me, it's a soundtrack.
I just don't want to make it even harder to rank albums this year, it's top 10 material at least though

edit: actually, looking at the releases this year makes me laugh hard when I think about some of the posts in that hopsin thread. not saying I didn't think they were ridiculous the first time around but seeing everything in a big list puts things even more into perspective.

HiResDes

1. GKMC
2. Russian Roulette
3. Destiny Altered
4. Cancer 4 Cure
5. HNC
6. Control System
7. BFK
8. West 1996
9. Lo-Fi Fingahz
10. Give Me My Flowers While I Can Still Smell Them

Honorable Mention: Alive and Living/Oxyconteen

...RAP music is too uneven for me if I'm really honest, also this is really tentative, The Man With The Iron Fists will be up there eventually

Edit: This is seriously the most under appreciated release of the year

gensu-dean-lo-fi-fingahz.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Damn, it's amazing how high Terrorist Threats can carry Control System. All the way to #6 on HRD the Holiest's list. Impressive.

Recon

Banned
I think most people forgot about Blue Chips, thats the only reason I can think of to why its not getting mentioned. Fucking fantastic tape.

Recon

Banned
Shit was incredible. Definitely top ten worthy, but I think there are twenty albums that are

This year has been good, no doubt. But mostly 8/10 good. I have a hard time thinking of any albums I would rate higher other than GKMC. My top 3 would be GKMC/Blue Chips/Control System. After that is just a bunch of good albums I would have no idea where to rank.

CRS

My lecture is Lecter, your texture is pocket protector
With techniques I take off your sector
Inspector Gadget with the ratchet
Bitch won a beauty pageant, bought her ass a rabbit

It's eXquire's god-tier verse that makes that track for me.

He has verse of the year on lock.

I give Danny Brown's verse on Terrorist Threats the slight edge over his verse on Oh Hail No.

I really want to throw Versace Ragz, Mach Five, and a Nacho Picasso album in there...But I'll get even more shit.

I was going to put Nacho on my list, but I am happy I wasn't the only person that really dug C4C. Plus I might need to make room for Lil Ugly Mane, need to give it a re-listen.

It's eXquire's god-tier verse that makes that track for me.

He has verse of the year on lock.

I give Danny Brown's verse on Terrorist Threats the slight edge over his verse on Oh Hail No.

eXquire's verse on "You Have to Ride the Wave" is also equally incredible.

Again, it was another solid 8/10 album that was released in a very solid year for hip hop. I probably have about 20 Tapes/Albums that I would say are on par with Life Is Good.
Pretty much except 20 albums that are better and less boring. I mean maybe 3 or 4 years ago, it would make top 10, but that shit shouldn't get treated like a nominee this year

Fjordson

I think most people forgot about Blue Chips, thats the only reason I can think of to why its not getting mentioned. Fucking fantastic tape.
I did! That and Man With the Iron Fists are locks for my top 5.

I want to say Give Me Flowers While I Can Still Smell Them also, but I don't know if that counts as a 2012 release.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
E40 The Block Brochure
juvenile rejuvenation
Nas life is good
2 Chainz Based on a TRU story
DJ Khaled Kiss the Ring
DJ Drama Quality Street Music
Good Music Cruel Summer
Kendrick Lammar GKMC
Xzbit Napalm

No order

E40 The Block Brochure
juvenile rejuvenation
Nas life is good
2 Chainz Based on a TRU story
DJ Khaled Kiss the Ring
DJ Drama Quality Street Music
Good Music Cruel Summer
Kendrick Lammar GKMC
Xzbit Napalm

No order

Forgot about titty two necklace.

Might have to throw that on my top 10, damn never thought I'd say that.

Detox

Why wasn't that juvenile posted on here? It's got 6 beats from Mannie fresh going to listen to have to listen to it soon

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Why wasn't that juvenile posted on here? It's got 6 beats from Mannie fresh going to listen to have to listen to it soon

I posted during it's release even said what you said about Mannie beats

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

It was good but the beats weren't up there so i kind of hindered it. Ron Simmons is to me the dopest song on their but its not even as good as half the tracks that he had on "Well Done" or "Dr Lecter". Thats why I am holding out for Rare Chandeliers or Saab Stories cause I know Alchemist and Harry Fraud can produce at that level.

Recon

Banned
It was good but the beats weren't up there so i kind of hindered it. Ron Simmons is to me the dopest song on their but its not even as good as half the tracks that he had on "Well Done" or "Dr Lecter". Thats why I am holding out for Rare Chandeliers or Saab Stories cause I know Alchemist and Harry Fraud can produce at that level.

Thought the beats were far and away the best Bronson has got so far. Dont really understand that complaint.

So had to take a pretty long drive today. Good news was i finally got a chance to listen to Kendricks and RZAs albums.

Kendricks is great. Didnt expect it to be that good. Only bad thing about it was the Poetic Justice track. That was awful. Heard people complaining about the beats? Fuck outta here, get off the bus and buy yourself a car you bitches. The whole album bumps.

Ha, I rented a car this weekend for a wedding and the main benefit was getting to listen to GKMC on a good system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom