• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was sung that way on purpose just like stay scheming was

stay schemin was sung off key cause the guy who sang it CANT SING AT ALL. so I guess if thats on purpose. sure. being a bad singer and still singing on key, as opposed to being a bad singer and singing Off key is a world of difference.

Fuck no he isn't

yea he is. "you" "got what I need" " just a friend" are on key to an extent, the other parts not so much, but it still flows.

yeah if this were music theory. but this is rap. if people dont remember your chorus then youre fighting an uphill battle.

I disagree. I think a "Catchy" chorus is more important with hiphop/rap. Stay schemin definitely aint "catchy"

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I love Biz

He can't sing

So really your just decided not like a guy
Which is cool I do it too

Not a huge French fan just like that song

I love Biz

He can't sing

So really your just decided not like a guy
Which is cool I do it too

Not a huge French fan just like that song

I play the instrumental alot in my car. BECAUSE OF the chorus. I have no problem with the person to be honest. I heard some stuff from his team and they usually have alot of hot beats.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I play the instrumental alot in my car. BECAUSE OF the chorus. I have no problem with the person to be honest. I heard some stuff from his team and they usually have alot of hot beats.
Just a friend is a classic but I remember people saying the exact same about it

I think the appeal is you can sing along with it no matter how shitty of a singer you are which makes it accessible

Esch

Banned
Biz has rhythm and isn't falling asleep on the mic

Also this is basically a concept album:

danny-brown-xxx-full-album-stream-1.jpg

so is anything by this guy

http://pitchfork.com/artists/27689-dalek/

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
XXX a concept album? LOL, not in the slightest. Maybe with the loosest definition of concept possible. I still fucks with it though.

CRS

1.Dank feat ASAP Rocky 03:08
2.Sound Clash Business 04:37
3.Muggs Mood 01:34
4.Richter Scale feat Chuck Inglish 03:42
5.Bow 02:21

7 bucks for 5 tracks? No thanks.

And not feeling the first track at all.

<kanye voice> "NAAAAAW MAAAN", the Cool was DOPE as a concept album! DOOOOPE

i dont listen to british hiphop but I know euro hiphop be having the ill beats, so IL check it out
The Cool was a poor concept album. (Amazing album though.)

PBY

Banned
Justice was the greatest thing I've ever seen live; gonna upload vids and pics tomorrow. Shit was facemelting. So fucking epic.

Thinking about it, Cuban Linx could maybe qualify as a concept album.
It does have a consistent narrative running the whole way through.

dont let me hear you say that chuck aint dope.

:lol
He needs to stick to producing.
No wonder Mikey Rocks (or Sir Mike or whatever the fuck he's calling himself now) split.

IrishNinja

ya'll crazy, stay schemin chorus was laughably bad, fuckamontana. soul creator did it better
im willing to admit neither he nor biz can sing, just that biz's shit was fun as a cover/over that piano. lazy ass french non-singing like he's drunk over that beat was just lazy for me

Undun was a fantastic concept album.

i liked it better when i recognized it for that, yeah

It isn't exactly a concept album per se, but XXX juxtaposes rap's glorification of drugs/partying with the harsh reality of Danny's lifestyle. The first half of XXX is all PARTY with huge sing-a-long "BLUNT AFTA BLUNTS" and dozens of other quotables. Danny portrays his lifestyle as one that should be sought after--and for a few minutes, he comes off as a completely endearing figure that you sorta want to hang out with. Then, on the last half of the album, Danny reveals his upbringing, and how he became such a heavy drug abuser. XXX gave me such conflicted feelings--one minute I'm screaming along with Danny about snorting adderall off of a kitchen counter, and the next minute...

"Doing all of these drugs in hopes of ODing next, triple X."

You can classify the album as whatever you want, but I think it's something special that needs to be recognized. I'm not as well-versed in rap history as some of you guys, but I don't think there's anything else like this album out there--or at least, I haven't heard anything else like it.

So yeah, it gets a ton of praise, but I still think it's underrated and rap AOTY 2011.

HiResDes

It isn't exactly a concept album per se, but XXX juxtaposes rap's glorification of drugs/partying with the harsh reality of Danny's lifestyle. The first half of XXX is all PARTY with huge sing-a-long "BLUNT AFTA BLUNTS" and dozens of other quotables. Danny portrays his lifestyle as one that should be sought after--and for a few minutes, he comes off as a completely endearing figure that you sorta want to hang out with. Then, on the last half of the album, Danny reveals his upbringing, and how he became such a heavy drug abuser. XXX gave me such conflicted feelings--one minute I'm screaming along with Danny about snorting adderall off of a kitchen counter, and the next minute...

"Doing all of these drugs in hopes of ODing next, triple X."

You can classify the album as whatever you want, but I think it's something special that needs to be recognized. I'm not as well-versed in rap history as some of you guys, but I don't think there's anything else like this album out there--or at least, I haven't heard anything else like it.

So yeah, it gets a ton of praise, but I still think it's underrated and rap AOTY 2011.

&#9829;

IrishNinja

haha yeah but comin off the mixtape about nothing, i could see being hyped. i heard that around the time i fell in love with Shad and was hoping for more shit like it, i thnk

you aint hyped for lasers?

man you ever go back and see like the trailer to X3 or spidey 3? it's crazy, especially with spidey: you can (okay inebriated but still) simultaneously be half excited about the prospect of what's being teased, and half disillusioned with your own repressed memories of what ended up happening trying to resurface

i think that's what happens there

Liquid Swords in 2010 hahhahaha

again you need real vision like bobby digital to sit on a masterpiece like that and say "2010 heads aint ready god"

its like that story that clint had the script to Unforgiven and sat on it for a decade till he was right for the part, only nothing like that

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Real talk I've said some mad reckless shit in old threads. Don't need that shit unearthed. Some of it indistinguishable from the trolls.

Recon

Banned
Wale was just coming off of Attention Deficit and a Mixtape about nothing. No one thought he would put out such a piece of shit like Ambition. You know its bad when Kams loved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom