• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

GKMC will prolly win it, but i hope we get a bit've distance so ya'll can look at it a bit more objectively. not saying it's not fantastic but some of ya'll are to close to the shine right now

Man with the Iron Fists isn't an album for me, it's a soundtrack.
I just don't want to make it even harder to rank albums this year, it's top 10 material at least though

aw man, that's a copout! i know ive had OST's in my lists in prior years.

It'll win. I'm not voting this year.

but why not fam

Life is Good is honorable mentions worthy, but top 10? Lol

Tguy please have this opinion recalibrated

E-40 and Too $hort joint drops Nov 6th too. Crazy 2-3 weeks.

Yup. Only other album I'm excited for is Big Boi's. Loved his first one, hoping this year he will deliver.

shit, ima need to hear these before voting too

Esch

Banned
Life is Good is great and top 10 worthy.Overall, its pretty unique. That grown man rap. I only wish there were more songs he blacked out on. It just felt like a lot of Nas' best work lyrically was on other peoples shit: Triple Beam Dreams, Hip Hop etc. I want his next album to just have him slaying beats more than some of this introspective shit.

Still though

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Didn't think I'd hear a song with a hook worse than Fuckin' Problem this soon.
Life is Good is great and top 10 worthy.Overall, its pretty unique. That grown man rap. I only wish there were more songs he blacked out on. It just felt like a lot of Nas' best work lyrically was on other peoples shit: Triple Beam Dreams, Hip Hop etc. I want his next album to just have him slaying beats more than some of this introspective shit.

Still though

What killed the album for me is that not one verse sniffed the level he delivered on Triple Beam Dreams.

Either he or Ross should've been smart enough to know you don't put that joint on a throwaway MMG tape.

That was awful. Heard people complaining about the beats? Fuck outta here, get off the bus and buy yourself a car you bitches. The whole album bumps.

There are good beats on this album, but a few tracks where the beats....arent necessarily wack, but just serviceable....Im picky when it comes to beats.

the tracks im referring too are...

Sherane,
Bitch, dont kill my vibe
back street freestyle
swimming pools
Real

but thats just my opinion. and yea...M.a.a.d city beat is dope as shit even tho 50 already used the same sample, probably best produced track on the album next to Recipe.

And I think one of the reason Im geeking so much over the album is because its a Concept album done well. Last hip hop concept album done well that I can remember is "the cool"

Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe is awesome. Don't get how you can dislike pretty much anything about it.

dont get me wrong. I love every track on this album. I just think the beat on that track is just serviceable. I dont feel it as much. thats just nit picky shit. like I said. Im real picky with beats. I want every beat to be amazing to My tastes. which usually doesnt happen.

only album it did was only built for cuban linx (the original), the cool, hard to earn, among a few others.

dont get me wrong. I love every track on this album. I just think the beat on that track is just serviceable. I dont feel it as much. thats just nit picky shit. like I said. Im real picky with beats. I want every beat to be amazing to My tastes. which usually doesnt happen.

only album it did was only built for cuban linx (the original), the cool, hard to earn, among a few others.

Ah I see. There are certain beats that I love that don't get much praise, so I see where you're coming from.

DominoKid

There are good beats on this album, but a few tracks where the beats....arent necessarily wack, but just serviceable....Im picky when it comes to beats.

the tracks im referring too are...

Sherane,
Bitch, dont kill my vibe
back street freestyle
swimming pools
Real

but thats just my opinion. and yea...M.a.a.d city beat is dope as shit even tho 50 already used the same sample, probably best produced track on the album next to Recipe.

And I think one of the reason Im geeking so much over the album is because its a Concept album done well. Last hip hop concept album done well that I can remember is "the cool"

bitch dont kill my vibe.

that shit has the illest beat. swimming pools too.

HiResDes

Angel Haze Vs. The People

Holy shit, salty I missed this, I would have flew out for that shit:

485742_481706408526598_373676401_n.jpg

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Move over Stay Schemin, dat hook is legendary. Oh Future your mind is blown, but not because of your money.

Stay Scheming has an awesome hook

Like some biz shit

Getting 600 people to sing the hook at a show is an awesome feeling

its just good to know i could put no thought or effort into a chorus and it could end up being liked/passable. I spend the most time trying to get a good chorus. maybe i should just do whatever since it seems to work for shittier rappers.

DominoKid

its just good to know i could put no thought or effort into a chorus and it could end up being liked/passable. I spend the most time trying to get a good chorus. maybe i should just do whatever since it seems to work for shittier rappers.

n/o but if you cant make a good hook, quit while youre ahead.
it takes skill to make these "no thought or effort" choruses.

HiResDes

Fixed is dope as hell don't tell him to fucking quit. And I'm sorry, but if I play that song for anyone that comes over they instantly tell me to turn that bullshit off as soon as the hook comes on.

n/o but if you cant make a good hook, quit while youre ahead.
it takes skill to make these "no thought or effort" choruses.

if you really think it took skill to make then you are truly lost.

that chorus screams of "what do we do for the hook? fuck it, lets just do this..staaay scheeeeemin.....and call it a day"

2 seconds. EASY

YO.....CHIEF KEEF MAKE BETTER CHORUSES...lol....

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

It's like a celebration to the haters

Do you hate just a friend by biz stay scheming is a trap version of that

mooooose

I remember when Stay Schemin came out and everyone was saying LOL ROSS COULDNT GET DRAKE ENOUGH MONEY FOR THE CHORUS, LOL DRAKE HAS A VERSE, LOL FRENCH SUCKS.

If French is good at one thing, its giving a good chorus. His old mixtapes, he was the king of finding a good beat (Harry Fraud) and a good chorus (Max B taught him well). He sucks at rapping and now that he has hit the mainstream, he's lost his way, but whatever. French from 07 to 10 was a champ.

a good chorus is a memorable chorus.
these cats crank em out like hotcakes.

A good chorus is one that you want to listen to over and over again/addictive and links verses together well. that's my definition of it and what I believe should be the ultimate goal of chorus and I think most musical people would agree.

DominoKid

A good chorus is one that you want to listen to over and over again/addictive and links verses together well. that's my definition of it and what I believe should be the ultimate goal of chorus and I think most musical people would agree.

yeah if this were music theory. but this is rap. if people dont remember your chorus then youre fighting an uphill battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom