• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Banned
Liquid Swords 2 aint ever happening. Just gotta accept it. Like us Dre fans know Detox is never coming out, same with 3 stacks solo album. Jay Elec is probably gonna end up the same.

HiResDes

I don't know Dear Moleskin and Jazzmataz were really dope and I have a feeling he has at least one more Exhibit A/C left in him....Well if he tried, about to listen to a bunch of old Jay Electronica now.

Recon

Banned
I don't know Dear Moleskin and Jazzmataz were really dope and I have a feeling he has at least one more Exhibit A/C left in him....Well if he tried, about to listen to a bunch of old Jay Electronica now.

Dear Moleskin is dope, but mainly because of the beat. Jay is boring on it. Also, that Call of Duty track...that was all types of bad.

IrishNinja

^@CRS - same, wish idve jumped in earlier, some of those OG's are still around but dont post here. kinda wanna look up that "future of hip-hop" thread toku was referencing in the OP of the 1st.

Recon

Banned
I started posting in 2009 I believe, but not much. Did not start really getting involved until mid-late 2010. I remember when J.Cole's mixtapes were getting posted, everyone was on his nuts back then. Same with that Kid Cudi tape. Good times.

CRS

I started posting in 2009 I believe, but not much. Did not start really getting involved until mid-late 2010. I remember when J.Cole's mixtapes were getting posted, everyone was on his nuts back then. Same with that Kid Cudi tape. Good times.

Yeah, the lack of KiD CuDi hate on there is kind of refreshing.

Recon

Banned
Siddx said:
I don't mind bullshit rap. I don't mind bullshit music in general I am one of the few people I know who is happy to listen to generic pop radio.

All I ask is if you are going to rap about bullshit, at least do it well.
Nelly, Wiz Khalifa, Game, E40...they all rap about bullshit. But they do it well. Content wise it's not much different from Gucci Mane. Money, bitches, drugs, guns, parties, repeated over and over and over. But they do it in an interesting or at the very least, aurally pleasing method. For instance E40 has a unique and interesting flow.
Gucci Mane sounds like he is recording his songs sitting on the toilet with a wicked case of constipation. Give all his beats to somebody else and I would be listening.

And Waka Flocka Flame makes Gucci sounds like a brilliant rapper. What a fucking useless shit. I'd rather listen to 3 hours of soulja boy trying to freestyle than listen to a single waka flocka song.]

Siddx said:
Nelly, Wiz Khalifa, Game, E40...they all rap about bullshit. But they do it well.

Siddx said:
Wiz Khalifa

LMAO!!!!

Recon

Banned
Haha, Des threads havnt had a chance since he began...it would be funny if it wasnt so sad.

Oh lord, Toku claiming LASERS was going to be better than The Cool. Those old threads are a gold mine.

good to see I've never taken an L in a hip hop thread. Always had dope taste
jtdh2cczxv6ep.png

IrishNinja

man i still keep some of des' shit bookmarked & check em out from time to time like spotify lists

also: found what i think is my first gaf-hop post too, im on about shad, the roots and hoping for LS2

you've come a long way, baby

good to see I've never taken an L in a hip hop thread. Always had dope taste
jtdh2cczxv6ep.png

nah but you'll hold a heavier L in a few weeks - just reminded me to hit up some conservative/libertarian friends for last-minute voting bets though, gon get this work

ps toku's avatar is ninja scroll, right? how ya'll clowning

IrishNinja

hahaha

1) I'm (probably the only one) legitimately hyped for Detox. Always have been, especially since Topless was leaked. Bring it on Dre, 2001 was a classic.

2) Cudi is the future. But I fear Day 'N' Nite will pass him off as a one hit wonder. Drake is hot, still like him even though he's "cool" now.

3) Paid in Full is strangely addictive. Rakim is pretty crazy, though I haven't heard many of his albums.

at least 1 & 3 are still true
Rakim's pretty crazy though!

Ephemeris

My first posts has me
1) shitting on Shyne's voice, post-prison.
2) Looking forward to Yeezy's next album
3) Telling a guy that said Jay-Z = Illuminati to stfu as politely as I could.

Poor Shyne.

PBY

Banned
My first posts has me
1) shitting on Shyne's voice, post-prison.
2) Looking forward to Yeezy's next album
3) Telling a guy that said Jay-Z = Illuminati to stfu as politely as I could.

Poor Shyne.

lol you gotta check out the mixtape he just dropped

IrishNinja

man i miss pinko, whoompthereitis and some of these cats - harSon and others put me onto a lotta shit i tossed up in Jazz-Hop

also: fuck i KNEW Id posted in toku's boom-bap shit, that was back when i was living on the beach..think this might be my first?

oh shit, i didnt even hear about this. how'd it turn out? i havent really followed dude's shit since the 8th letter, but im excited here.

that said, how did the Wu put out another album past 8 diagrams that i hadnt even heard of? Was Chamber Music good? cause i coudlnt get into 8 no mater how hard i tried. i know Ghost has one out right around now too, between that, Blackout 2 and talk of another Masta Killah album i think im good.

haha there's MT handed reminding my ass that OB4CL2 dropped and i was so outta the loop i slept on my own shit, worst stan ever

Completely forgot about Wu-Block. I'm a little hyped.

It isn't exactly a concept album per se, but XXX juxtaposes rap's glorification of drugs/partying with the harsh reality of Danny's lifestyle. The first half of XXX is all PARTY with huge sing-a-long "BLUNT AFTA BLUNTS" and dozens of other quotables. Danny portrays his lifestyle as one that should be sought after--and for a few minutes, he comes off as a completely endearing figure that you sorta want to hang out with. Then, on the last half of the album, Danny reveals his upbringing, and how he became such a heavy drug abuser. XXX gave me such conflicted feelings--one minute I'm screaming along with Danny about snorting adderall off of a kitchen counter, and the next minute...

"Doing all of these drugs in hopes of ODing next, triple X."

You can classify the album as whatever you want, but I think it's something special that needs to be recognized. I'm not as well-versed in rap history as some of you guys, but I don't think there's anything else like this album out there--or at least, I haven't heard anything else like it.

So yeah, it gets a ton of praise, but I still think it's underrated and rap AOTY 2011.
Great post. Deserves to be posted again.

My posts were always immaculate, plus I'm too young to be having nostalgia for gaf hop.

IrishNinja

i literally CNTRL+F'd my way through OT1 till i find a post with my name on it, heh

also: have we talked bout this?

600px-Ghostface_Killah_and_Sheek_Louch_-_Wu-Block_%28cover%29.jpg

Ghostface + Sheek Louch, cause DOOM's too busy doin nothing. hype?

My first post
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16883589&postcount=26

This is now my new favorite thread-
Dre's stuff has to be on that list somewhere (The Chronic ,2001)

For me, my most anticipated albums this year would be Jeezy (is Thug Motivation 103 hitting this year?), Drake (if he goes harder than hes been going lately, and stops being a sellout to the ladies), Cudi, Lupe, and JayZ

shit, i forgot how long we were waiting for TM103

IrishNinja

on 36's say-so, just ran through DMX's last one, working on Xzibit's now. so far: neither's there best work, but both are enjoyable if you wanna hear that sound in 2012 (which is nice since i dont know many MCs still doing that)

not seeing why fans of either artist wouldn't enjoy these, unles you've outgrown said sound

Fjordson

i literally CNTRL+F'd my way through OT1 till i find a post with my name on it, heh

also: have we talked bout this?

600px-Ghostface_Killah_and_Sheek_Louch_-_Wu-Block_%28cover%29.jpg

Ghostface + Sheek Louch, cause DOOM's too busy doin nothing. hype?
I didn't love the first track they put out, but I'm somewhat excited, down to check out anything with GFK. Certainly more hyped for Twelve Reasons to Die, though.

IrishNinja

huh...first ive heard of that one, guess supreme clientele 2 is on hold then

He has also confirmed a collaboration album before the end of the year on November 20th with Adrian Younge entitled "12 Reasons To Die" executive produced by RZA.

after Apollo Kids, i'm fuckin hyped

On September 6 2012, DOOM co-hosted Benji B's late night BBC Radio 1 show, during which he said that the Ghostface Killah collaboration album would be the focus of his attention once the new Madvillain album has been released.

sorry Irish, Swift & Changeable is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom