• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
kexKs.png

ACTION BRONSON'S NEW VIDEO FOR "THE SYMBOL"

https://twitter.com/asvpxrocky/status/260295076977197056

oh shi, we might be hearing some of his album a little early

Since been deleted... What did it say?

Man, "Fuckin' Problem" better not be on that album. I like the beat/verses, but I laugh every time the 2 Chainz hook comes on. It's so funny.

Also, I have so many albums on my backlog and limited time. Rap albums include: Russian Roulette, Blu & Exile, and JJ DOOM. Are they all worth my time?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
also time to ask... anyone catch up with my latest mixes?

Now that I finally got my iPhone playing in my new car, I can catch up this week. Also I will take care of my lawn this weekend.

Driving and lawn care is my primetime for listening to music.

Detox

Going through Eschaton's compilation of Pete Rock remixes and its dope though I think you missed the Juicy remix. It got me thinking there is probably loads of these remixes with new verses etc that the old heads remember from back in the day. Some might be on youtube but I would expect most are just stuck on tapes to be never heard of again. Not to mention the older producers got loads of remixes and different cuts wish we could hear them.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Hey guys i compiled and tagged a bunch of old Pete Rock remixes/rare shyt (not on commercial releases of course), like that Street Dreams cut. If anyone wants it lemme know

edit: not the best audio quality but what can you do lol. dope cuts either way

I want some of that. I love Pete Rock remixes. His work with Das Efx was really good.

That Esquire mix tape is my favorite project of his. Great songs and I'm loving the production plus how everything blends together. I'd love to hear MF DOOM over this shit

Should I grab m.a.a.d city or We Don't Even Live Here?

I outlined in the OT that I wasn't the biggest fan of Section.80, but I do really like some of his stuff so if m.a.a.d's an improvement I wanna pick it up. That said, Never Better was one of my favorite albums of 2009... I dunno, I mean I'll end up getting both at some point but I like to get albums one at a time and I'm not sure which of these is more pressing.

Esch

Banned
Should I grab m.a.a.d city or We Don't Even Live Here?

I outlined in the OT that I wasn't the biggest fan of Section.80, but I do really like some of his stuff so if m.a.a.d's an improvement I wanna pick it up. That said, Never Better was one of my favorite albums of 2009... I dunno, I mean I'll end up getting both at some point but I like to get albums one at a time and I'm not sure which of these is more pressing.

GKMC easily

Detox

PBY

Banned
I was about to say he isn't shouting. This album is going to be the opposite of GKMC as in you should never listen to it from start to finish. Meek starts slow for one minute and the subsequent hour will be him shouting.

Im totally cool with an hour of shouting if its over beats like Ima Boss.

tj hazuki

Kendrick's doing really well on iTunes...

Good Kid, M.A.A.D. City overall iTunes
42. Kendrick Lamar f/ Drake - Poetic Justice
60. Kendrick Lamar - Swimming Pools
69. Kendrick Lamar f/ feat. MC Eih - m.A.A.D. city
94. Kendrick Lamar - Backseat Freestyle
103. Kendrick Lamar - Collect Calls
104. Kendrick Lamar f/ Anna Wise - Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe
115. Kendrick Lamar f/ Dr. Dre - The Recipe (was this charting before the album?)
121. Kendrick Lamar f/ Jay Rock - Money Trees
123. Kendrick Lamar - Swimming Pools (Extended)
129. Kendrick Lamar - Sherane a.k.a Master Splinter’s Daughter
142. Kendrick Lamar - The Art of Peer Pressure
146. Kendrick Lamar - Black Boy Fly (Bonus Track)
147. Kendrick Lamar - Now or Never (feat. Mary J. Blige)
154. Kendrick Lamar - good KID
171, Kendrick Lamar - Real (f/ Anna Wise)

http://livepopbars.com/lpb1024.php

83/100 on MetaCritic

T Dollarz

Two hilarious vids right there. Loving GKMC and the Iron Fists OST so much right now.

I was off the internet since early Friday, anything major that I missed?

Swag

Can anyone recommend a jumping off point for Action Bronson? I'd like to listen to some of his stuff but he has so much out don't even know where to begin.

T Dollarz

That Esquire mix tape is my favorite project of his. Great songs and I'm loving the production plus how everything blends together. I'd love to hear MF DOOM over this shit

I need a working link to this man. They took down the zippyshare that Exquire provided everyone. This some BS lol

At a justice show. Fucking crazy

How was it??

Ehh? The Cool was pretty terrible as a concept album.
If you can handle British hip-hop, this one is pretty good:

I liked that album. Its hard to get into British hip hop but this ones worth it.

yall ever look at the old gaf-hop threads from time to time? some of these gems, haha

i mean look at this naive young bastard

LS2 Baby. These ninjas gonna be looking foolish when it drops.

Sorry for resuming the Kanye-talk but I'm relistening College Dropout and in Never Let Me Down... Jay is by far the weakest link. And he appears twice on the damn thing. Completely ruins the song for me, I might just cut out his second verse in Audacity.

You Heathen. Jay bodied that song. Shame on you Glass Rebel.

Hey guys i compiled and tagged a bunch of old Pete Rock remixes/rare shyt (not on commercial releases of course), like that Street Dreams cut. If anyone wants it lemme know

edit: not the best audio quality but what can you do lol. dope cuts either way

Hook me up breh.

kamspy

Far from a bad album, but GKMC is too sleepy/slow/mellow for my tastes (for aoty at least).

Needs about 3-4 more Backseat Freestyle type songs.

Recon

Banned
Just put together a 11 track compilation of every bonus track on GKMC and his various songs left off the album:

1. The Recipe feat. Dr.Dre
2. Black Boy Fly
3. Now or Never feat. Mary J. Blige
4. Collect Calls
5. Swimming Pools (Black Hippy Remix)
6. Country Building Blues
7. Cartoon & Cereal feat. Gunplay
8. The Relevant
9. The Heart pt.3 feat. Ab Soul, Jay Rock
10. Westside, Right On Time feat. Young Jeezy
11. The Recipe (Black Hippy Remix)

Got a .rar uploaded, not sure if it would be wise to post it, since about half of those tracks are on the retail release, but spread across several retailers.

PBY

Banned
You know..... I'm kinda getting tired of Bronson at this point.
He's like Jadakiss, in moderation their shit sounds amazing but after a while/an album the repetition of subject matter begins to grate.
Just me?

My man!

I feel u on Bronson. Like the dude but can never get through any of his stuff in one sitting. I like his tracks best like in a mix of different artists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom