• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey

I'll assume you're ignorant for just straight up saying that the entire punk genre sucks.

A little bit of grindcore doesn't change that.

Saying something sucks doesn't mean you're ignorant. I'm positive you know this, what's the problem?

I replaced the dick immediately. Dunno who thought that shit was a good idea.
Same. And I would have done the same if it was a vagina. Now if it was a titty, well I would have kept that shit.

As far as Death Grips go, I guess they're just one of those acts that I hated at first, but once I listened to the material for a while, it clicked with me.

Kendrick Lamar happens to be one of those acts. I remember posting about how I couldn't vibe with his voice/flow. Now, I can't get enough of it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Danny Brown-Wit It (Official Video)

babylawd.png
Hype. Decided to throw XXX back on my iPhone today and was giving it the rounds and I come home to this? Awesome.

30 still one of my favourite tracks from dude.

Same. And I would have done the same if it was a vagina. Now if it was a titty, well I would have kept that shit.

As far as Death Grips go, I guess they're just one of those acts that I hated at first, but once I listened to the material for a while, it clicked with me.

Kendrick Lamar happens to be one of those acts. I remember posting about how I couldn't vibe with his voice/flow. Now, I can't get enough of it.
That's because his flow improved tenfold over his past two releases, mostly on GKMC.

RJT

I just realized I never heard a solo Danny Brown song...

* goes to youtube, first song is Grown Up *

This might be the best video ever... Dope song too (though the beat sounds familiar). Alright, I'm sold.

CRS

I just realized I never heard a solo Danny Brown song...

* goes to youtube, first song is Grown Up *

This might be the best video ever... Dope song too (though the beat sounds familiar). Alright, I'm sold.

Listen to Hybrid then XXX.

coldvein

Banned
I thought you didn't like it.

my initial hesitant response was during my first listen .. i've heard it probably 8 times thru now, i think its pretty great. its grown from my least favorite pos (which isnt to saying that it sucks.. worst pos is still better than most other shit) to tied with audition for least favorite pos. its no never better.

njean777

I forgot about that track.... fuck, Shyne is an awful rapper.

Yeah I just remember hearing it after people said it was terrible.

Also can anybody explain to me where "Collect calls" fits in on GKMC? I like the song but can not tell where it is suppose to fit in during the story. Or is it just a one off?

Trey

Good god that would be amazing.

The more I listen to F&LII the more I appreciate it. Still don't think its as good as his first two but some songs and verses are just amazing.

It's a lot better than I thought it would be leading up to release, that's for true. I honestly liked it.

Lose Lupe and I'll agree.

Fuck you mean? He'd be great on a track with them. He's in his thematic element, and any track carrying lyrical talent of that caliber will have a dope beat guaranteed.

Recon

Banned
Yeah I just remember hearing it after people said it was terrible.

Also can anybody explain to me where "Collect calls" fits in on GKMC? I like the song but can not tell where it is suppose to fit in during the story. Or is it just a one off?

If its not on the main 12, it might not fit anywhere perfectly.

Fuck you mean? He'd be great on a track with them. He's in his thematic element, and any track carrying lyrical talent of that caliber will have a dope beat guaranteed.
It'd be really weird listening to em then kendrick then Lupe. I'm sure it'd be even more recognizable that Lupe flow is so stale in comparison if them 3 were on a song together. It's just not even a good idea.

Recon

Banned
dear god somebody agrees w/ me.
i hesitate to even call that Death Grips shit music. more like aural warfare.

Pretty much. I honestly gave The Money Store or whatever its called a chance. I couldnt make it past 2 tracks. I have never before encountered music where I couldnt physically take it. It was hurting my head.

Trey

It'd be really weird listening to em then kendrick then Lupe. I'm sure it'd be even more recognizable that Lupe flow is so stale in comparison if them 3 were on a song together. It's just not even a good idea.

I pretty much disagree with this entire thing. Ah well, opinions.

njean777

I am sorry but Death Grips is just noise imo, I tried to listen to the album with a penis on the cover and couldn't get through even the first song. The cover didnt even bother me, its the music that to me is trying way to hard to be "indie". I get that hipsters like it so they can claim that they have great music taste, but come on that isnt even music, its just guys making noise and flipping it as music.

Trey

Eh, you think Lupe has a flow that compares to Em or Kendrick?

He's more methodical and structures his rhyming compared to the others who are much more free form. I agree it's different and I can see how you would consider that stale but I don't find it worse as your post implies. He's not lyrically outclassed by either of them.

coldvein

Banned
I am sorry but Death Grips is just noise imo, I tried to listen to the album with a penis on the cover and couldn't get through even the first song. The cover didnt even bother me, its the music that to me is trying way to hard to be "indie". I get that hipsters like it so they can claim that they have great music taste, but come on that isnt even music, its just guys making noise and flipping it as music.

did you know there's a whole genre of music that is actually called "noise" ?

Hell yea. Lupe has shown much versatility throughout his catalog

I mean shit. Just listen to go go gadget flow.

I like to compare recent stuff, not years ago(I'll agree in the past he showed variety). F&L2, he pretty much stuck with the same ol flow and played it safe. Em, Kendrick, and Lupe just isn't a good combination at all unless it's a more slow song. It's like fanboys dreaming that one day they hope Dragon ball z characters team up with Yu Yu to fight some made up villain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom