• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So Death Grips is basically like Shabazz Palaces then? Like a failed experiments EP?

Lose Lupe and I'll agree.
Lose Em, you mean. Em wouldn't vibe with the other two at all and Lupe x Kendrick would be dope.

Kanye looking wild as hell. Real clownish ahahaha

Goddamn this beat is TOUGH. Got that bounce like the description says.

Esch

Banned
I'll assume you're ignorant for just straight up saying that the entire punk genre sucks.

A little bit of grindcore doesn't change that.

Whatever man. I've listened to enough stuff to know I don't like it; hardcore, post hardcore, grind and various subgenres of the new and 'classic' to know that I dont like it. watch your fucking tone

Macca

So yea, Styles of Beyond - Reseda Beach came out a few days ago.

Apparently it leaked to, so I heard. Man, I've been waiting for this for years, going to check it out now.

They were the guys featured a lot on the Fort Minor album.

1LrcU.jpg

Can't find a production list as of right now, I'll keep looking. I'm guessing so, he's on a few tracks. He mentions on his blog they had Scoop Deville and some Dilla production on there too.

Just googled it trying to find out. Holy shit that album came out in 2005?? Fuck that was a fast 7 years...

Edit found it...

01 Here We Go (prod. Scoop Deville)
02 Hard (prod. J. Dilla)
03 Sugar Honey Iced Tea (prod. Vin Skully & Cheapshot)
04 Take That f. Celph Titled (prod. Aqua)
05 Call My Name (prod. Apathy)
06 Bumble Bee (Skit)
07 The Pirate Song (prod. Vin Skully & Apathy)
08 Damn (prod. Vin Skully & Cheapshot)
09 Dumb It Down (prod. Apathy & Mike Shinoda)
10 Howdy Doody (prod. Cheapshot & Vin Skully)
11 Live from Ibiza (Skit)
12 You Love Us f. Somaya Reece (prod. Vin Skully)
13 Shut Everything Down f. Celph Titled (prod. Vin Skully & Apathy)
14 Dunky Fividends f. Apathy (prod. Vin Skully)
15 Second To None f. Mike Shinoda (prod. Mike Shinoda)
16 The Valley (Outro)

Thought the RZA track woulda made the album. Really liked that song

I am sorry but Death Grips is just noise imo, I tried tno listen to the album with a penis on the cover and couldn't get through even the first song. The cover didnt even bother me, its the music that to me is trying way to hard to be "indie". I get that hipsters like it so they can claim that they have great music taste, but come on that isnt even music, its just guys making noise and flipping it as music.

Hey you're a fucking idiot

"I listened to approximately 1/30th of their discography, lemme form an opinion."

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hey you're a fucking idiot

"I listened to approximately 1/30th of their discography, lemme form an opinion."
What kind of world do you live in where you need to listen to the entire discography to form an opinion?

If the subset of the discography can't hold up on it's own without the context of the discography then I guess it's not worth the time anyways.

What kind of world do you live in where you need to listen to the entire discography to form an opinion?

If the subset of the discography can't hold up on it's own without the context of the discography then I guess it's not worth the time anyways.

When did I say you need to listen to an entire discography? K, maybe I should have said "1/10th of an album." The guy didn't even listen to one song and made a shortsighted opinion about the music and the fanbase. You can't side with that kind of ignorance.

With that being said, I don't understand how you guys judge things so quickly. It takes me many listens to appreciate an album, and even more to fall in love. I can't imagine writing off a record without hearing it in its entirety.

And yes, I let my temper get the best of me. I shouldn't have been so rude, but that comment was completely ridiculous. Still, I'm sorry for being so harsh.

When did I say you need to listen to an entire discography? The guy didn't even listen to one song and made a shortsighted opinion about the music and the fanbase. You can't side with that kind of ignorance.

With that being said, I don't understand how you guys judge things so quickly. It takes me many listens to appreciate an album, and even more to fall in love. I can't imagine writing off a record without hearing it in its entirety.

And yes, I let my temper get the best of me. I shouldn't have been so rude, but that comment was completely ridiculous. Still, I'm sorry for being so harsh.

Thats a fair point, but at the same time there are plenty of albums ive listened to and didnt like it from the start. In some cases you know straight away whether or not you dont like an album.

Recon

Banned
When did I say you need to listen to an entire discography? K, maybe I should have said "1/10th of an album." The guy didn't even listen to one song and made a shortsighted opinion about the music and the fanbase. You can't side with that kind of ignorance.

No one needs to listen to Paris Hilton's music more than once to know its complete shit. Yet I'm sure she had fans making the same case you are.

PBY

Banned
I'll admit it- I only forced myself thru all the death grips albums cuz pitchfork/gaf hype. I still dont love it, but I can appreciate it and I like a few tracks. Really have to be in a certain mood to listen tho. Then again, I used to feel this way about Danny Brown, and now I think hes my second/third fav rapper going right now.

Macca

I'll admit it- I only forced myself thru all the death grips albums cuz pitchfork/gaf hype. I still dont love it, but I can appreciate it and I like a few tracks. Really have to be in a certain mood to listen tho. Then again, I used to feel this way about Danny Brown, and now I think hes my second/third fav rapper going right now.
Nothing beats that Kreay Kreay in the peterb00k.

No one needs to listen to Paris Hilton's music more than once to know its complete shit. Yet I'm sure she had fans making the same case you are.

Heh, you're talking to the guy who thinks CRJ's "Kiss" is one of the best albums of the year.

Cutting a first album listen short is so silly to me... You miss gems like this, or moments like this. Some of the best songs they've put out.

Macca

Heh, you're talking to the guy who thinks CRJ's "Kiss" is one of the best albums of the year.

Cutting a first album listen short is so silly to me... You miss gems like this, or moments like this. Some of the best songs they've put out.
some of the most beautiful lyrics ever written
this is one of those songs that should be archived in a vault somewhere
so beings in the distant future can experience one of the most raw and beautiful pieces of the 21st century so far
i love you death grips

Straight KILLIN
MOTHERFUCKING EATIN.

DominoKid

D&N is really loud lol.

O_O at them Taylor Swift numbers. i was thinking 700K max. clearly im outta touch. people really still on her like that?

Recon

Banned

I listened to the first song. It sounds like what would happen if William shatner became a rapper.

White kids mad at their parents, in musical form. At least, that's how it seems sometimes.

And now we've entered the racial part of the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom