• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Banned
I don't know man, Lil Wayne is the GOAT of this rap outfit shit.

lil-wayne-worst-outfit-2011.jpg

Yes, this is known khaleesi.

Honestly, how does one walk in Ski boots?

Have every MFlo/verbal project there is
Only a handful of Japanese rappers I fuck with

Damn, I'm slacking on the M-Flo stuff I gotta catch you up.....
You should do a Japanese mix at some point to educate us on what's hot there.

Man, yea I fucked with them. Enjoyed the first one more than the second, but both were damn good.

Yeah the first kills the second, production is crazy. The Kanye track is real nice from the second album though.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

Yeah the first kills the second, production is crazy. The Kanye track is real nice from the second album though.
It's more of a personal taste MFlo ain't that hot here but good music

Macca

Loved the Adrock stuff on the first. It's actually pretty bonkers the calibre of producers they had for that first album.

DominoKid

Man I can't fucking stand Chief Keef. I hate his him, and his music.

But I've listened to Love Sosa 3 times straight and I don't even know why.. I don't even understand what the fuck he's saying.

^^^becoming a grown boy instead of a broke boy.

Honestly, how does one walk in Ski boots?

its hard as shit. first time i put em on (for snowboarding class) i probably busted ass about 4 times in the span of two minutes. kiss all the snowbitches goodbye after that.

cacophony

Man I can't fucking stand Chief Keef. I hate his him, and his music.

But I've listened to Love Sosa 3 times straight and I don't even know why.. I don't even understand what the fuck he's saying.

Edit: Extremely glad Kendrick's doing great numbers.. really hoping he beats Meek but for some reason I think Ross will buy like 500K records and not tell nobody

you love Sosa, just embrace it already

Yeah that would be awesome, I don't really listen to much non-English rap (maybe some French rap from time to time), so a DJ Ace mix would be really fun.

Great job on the latest mixes, by the way. Don't think I've ever properly thanked you for them, but they've made work/the gym/studying/walking/everything a lot better. I get the most stupid grin on my face every time Spend It comes on.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Yeah that would be awesome, I don't really listen to much non-English rap (maybe some French rap from time to time), so a DJ Ace mix would be really fun.

Great job on the latest mixes, by the way. Don't think I've ever properly thanked you for them, but they've made work/the gym/studying/walking/everything a lot better. I get the most stupid grin on my face every time Spend It comes on.

Appreciate it! Just spread the word!

To be honest not too into the scene despite working with quite a few rappers here

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Still want a best of all time club bangers mix from Ace. Everything from Kanye to Lil Jon to Dre to Luda to those flash in the pan dudes like J Kwon and Savage. Just a mix filled with the very best shit from the last 20 years. The kind of mix that would make hip hop lovers in a club lose their fucking minds.

You did this somewhat with one mix (that isn't on the site I believe) that had a great transition between Tipsy and Nuthin but a g thang. But you can go deeper. Fuck going HAM, go ballistic.

Also still want an Ace mix that is all your favorite tracks, no genre restrictions.

Don't worry, my roommates have learned to love your Ignorant Mixes. I've lurked GAF-Hop on and off since more or less its inception, but never ventured into the K-Pop or Pop-GAF threads for fear of my soul. Do they have some Blackace-like figure making mixes for them? Or just gifs?

Macca

Still want a best of all time club bangers mix from Ace. Everything from Kanye to Lil Jon to Dre to Luda to those flash in the pan dudes like J Kwon and Savage. Just a mix filled with the very best shit from the last 20 years. The kind of mix that would make hip hop lovers in a club lose their fucking minds.

You did this somewhat with one mix (that isn't on the site I believe) that had a great transition between Tipsy and Nuthin but a g thang. But you can go deeper. Fuck going HAM, go ballistic.

Also still want an Ace mix that is all your favorite tracks, no genre restrictions.
Savage? The dude that did the song Swing?

Don't worry, my roommates have learned to love your Ignorant Mixes. I've lurked GAF-Hop on and off since more or less its inception, but never ventured into the K-Pop or Pop-GAF threads for fear of my soul. Do they have some Blackace-like figure making mixes for them? Or just gifs?
Yea, recon makes mixes and gifs for PopGAF and Kamspy is that dude for K-Pop gaf.

siddx

Oh yeah, a foreign rap mix would be sick. There are a bunch of great artists out there. There was even an Indonesian rapper I used to listen to back in the mid to late 90's. It would take some tracking down but a mix featuring all the best stuff from all over the world would be incredible.

Savage? The dude that did the song Swing?

Yea, recon makes mixes and gifs for PopGAF and Kamspy is that dude for K-Pop gaf.

Swing is a fucking monster in the club. That beat makes people go completely fucking retarded.

Macca

Oh yeah, a foreign rap mix would be sick. There are a bunch of great artists out there. There was even an Indonesian rapper I used to listen to back in the mid to late 90's. It would take some tracking down but a mix featuring all the best stuff from all over the world would be incredible.

Swing is a fucking monster in the club. That beat makes people go completely fucking retarded.
Fuck yea I agree. He's like the only rapper from New Zealand to pretty much have any impact overseas. That song was fucking huuuuge over here when it dropped.

cdyhybrid

Co-sign.

Rivers of Blood is a serious track. There's other great stuff on this soundtrack like Black Out, Built For This, and Tick Tock, but Rivers of Blood is like "instant classic" kind of greatness. This + Danny Brown's verse on Tick Tock >>>>>>>>>>

overcast

The soundtrack is pretty damn good. I was impressed as hell by it. My brother bought it the other day, so I count that as doing my part.

Esch

Banned

you have to understand, there is as much content in those threads as there is water in the desert

HiResDes

This Meek Mill album has some great songs marred by awful R&B/autotuned hooks: Rich & Famous, Young and Gettin It, Who You're Around, and Maybach Curtains. I agree Lay Up kind of works, but I'm not crazy about it. Luckily the album is long as hell and there are like 8 bangers left on it, which is more than you can really ask for. Dreams and Nightmares is indeed an incredible opener. I'd give it a solid 8/10, it's good but comparing it to GKMC is hilarious. I still would rather listen to Starvation and Body Bag Vol. 2

you have to understand, there is as much content in those threads as there is water in the desert

True, I've been pretty spoiled by this thread. That OT thread about Pop-GAF was pretty amazing; great job, guys. I've barely posted here, but I really should change that and fill out that questionnaire sometime. Any other Persians up in here?

siddx

You know whats better than listening to a Big Sean song? Letting an angry bear fuck your face to death. You know whats better than Chief Keef's entire existence? Letting that bear tag in a zombie Hitler to bust rotten nut shots in your eyes before letting the bear finish you.
You know whats worse than all that shit put together? A pop gaf post.

HiResDes

Because no one cares here. Is all about the GAF-Hop cipher yo. Forever and ever. GAF-POP is where is at.
iLtsL0v6h9upN.gif

Hold dat.

We need one of those Shinobi styled updates ASAP.

And the Masta Killa's not even out in physical form yet:
"CD shipping December 4th. Vinyl shipping January 2013. Limited-edition clear vinyl available for first 500 orders. Masta Killa may not be the most high-profile member of the Wu-Tang Clan, but he’s undoubtedly among the most consistent."

And after hearing that OST I'd be more hyped for a Killa Sin album.

Going to be honest, I've never listened to It's Dark and Hell is Hot.
Best DMX album, top 20 rap album for me.

We need one of those Shinobi styled updates ASAP.

And the Masta Killa's not even out in physical form yet:
"CD shipping December 4th. Vinyl shipping January 2013. Limited-edition clear vinyl available for first 500 orders. Masta Killa may not be the most high-profile member of the Wu-Tang Clan, but he’s undoubtedly among the most consistent."

And after hearing that OST I'd be more hyped for a Killa Sin album.
Soon. I've been very busy, my notepad is STACKED with stuff to post here. I've been lurking yo. Love that Trinidad James dude.

filler

Banned

I can't remember the last time I was in a club and the dj didn't play Swing.

filler

Banned
Might just be that I was living in Idaho for the last 8 years. Haven't been to any clubs since moving back to Cali, so I can't say if it's the same here.

siddx

Since we're talking about foreign hip-hop, check out this awesome instrumental by a great Portuguese rapper/producer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V7sdgVKxQQ&feature=related

They gave him the full discography of the best Portuguese traditional guitarist to play with (for a tribute album), and we went all in.

Someone introduced me to a few of his tracks when I was on that international kick years ago, same time as Orishas, and although I remember being impressed, I was more taken by Orishas and didn't give Sam enough listens. It's too bad he appears to have dropped off the face of the earth after 2006.

RJT

He didn't disappear. He started a live band that plays instrumental hip-hop (complete with a DJ and a live sampler guy - himself), and it is fucking brilliant (especially live). I'll look for a few links and will drop them here.

I also went trough an Orishas and French hiphop phase. Still have a couple IAM CDs which are pretty great.

RJT

Someone introduced me to a few of his tracks when I was on that international kick years ago, same time as Orishas, and although I remember being impressed, I was more taken by Orishas and didn't give Sam enough listens. It's too bad he appears to have dropped off the face of the earth after 2006.

So, this is what happened after 2006:

Sam the Kid was touring using a live band. While recreating his instrumentals to do on the live shows, they started creating new things, so they decided to launch as a new project. They started "Orelha Negra" (which means "Black Ear"), an instrumental hip-hop band that uses sampling as the basis for their songs. He sometimes literally does an instrumental the traditional hip-hop way for the band to recreate it, and that's the official version.

A few songs:

Throwback:
A Cura:
A.L.I.C.E (medley of a few songs, most of them you'll recognice)

My favorite part of their concert: they're playing "SuperFreak"/"You can't touch this" and then in the middle of the song...
they flip the same sample to Just Blaze's "Kingdom Come"
. Awesome little Easter Egg (most people don't get the reference).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom