• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.
T0Jyp.jpg

Anyone else listening? This thing is relentless!

Acid08

Banned
Yo, No Idols is top 5 2012.
Don't know about all that but I do really like it. The Early Man sounds like he's binging on Ambien on that shit though, can't say that I'm not a little concerned how good his album is gonna be. When is that shit supposed to come out anyway?

Satch

Banned
Okay, I just finished and...

808s & Heartbreak could be great for me if it were a Cee Lo Green album. I don't buy Kanye as a singer.

The whole thing just feels empty and bottomless, like a choir with no tenors or bass. I'm sure that's what he was trying to go for, since this album was about a lot of hurting he was going through at the time, but the execution wasn't exactly what I'd call poignant. I just felt too aware of it throughout the entire album, and I could never sit and stew in the emotion.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Motherfuckers willingly listening to 808's and Linkin park and shit. It's like gafhop's syphilis has finally hit the brain and is rotting it away.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Don't you have some Vietnamese women you need to be screwing?

They are too petite for my manly bulk. My size is overwhelming and will split them.

I have a girlfriend who moved here with me and works here as well, so no local women chasing for me.

DominoKid

2 chainz album is my AOTY so far.
Its everything i hoped GFID would be.
Its just so money.

Wonder if French Montana can do better in this area.

Fuck the Krit concert was live as fuck. Got to meet Krit, he signed my ticket. Made my week.

He's coming here tomorrow, or the day after and I can't make it. Feelsbadman

Okay, I just finished and...

808s & Heartbreak could be great for me if it were a Cee Lo Green album. I don't buy Kanye as a singer.

The whole thing just feels empty and bottomless, like a choir with no tenors or bass. I'm sure that's what he was trying to go for, since this album was about a lot of hurting he was going through at the time, but the execution wasn't exactly what I'd call poignant. I just felt too aware of it throughout the entire album, and I could never sit and stew in the emotion.

What's your favorite Cee-Lo album?

IrishNinja

If LS2 is just good people will flip out. If LS2 comes anywhere close to LS1 dudes might start wearing Wu Wear again.

man i had this one red hoodie and it was way too big for my ass, everytime i see something nice it's stupid expensive though, even 10 years after the fact
maybe i should find some wallabees

new Liquid Swords 2 verse leaked

GZA word is bond, collide with the hadron
force of science and mathematics
my schematics are tragic to your life, true to form
Charged up lyrics like a megaton Storm
Killing cats across the planet, curiosity hit 'em
evolution of the rhyme, a blow to religion
mars rover with jehova, chucked the deuce at Zeus
Wu-Tang Clan be the motherfucking truth

ilgHX7o8ryd4P.jpg

then 2 Chainz wins

no

i'm about to listen to 808s & Heartbreak

wish me luck

it's not too late to not do this, satchas

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Whats your opinion on Titty Boi's album ace?

I enjoyed... But almost like Ross' album, the highs on his mixtape were better.. Nothing is as good of a banger as Spend It.. I must be in an odd minority because that song with Nicki goes pretty hard to me..

Dereck

Don't know about all that but I do really like it. The Early Man sounds like he's binging on Ambien on that shit though, can't say that I'm not a little concerned how good his album is gonna be. When is that shit supposed to come out anyway?
Tyler and Earl are working on EarlWolf, per Earl's twitter yesterday.

Acid08

Banned
Tyler and Earl are working on EarlWolf, per Earl's twitter yesterday.
Is that the album the RZA verse is going to be on? I figured he has some solo ish going on too.

His verse on Oldie was his best since coming back, one of my favorite verses of the year. Need more like that, less sleepy.

Fjordson

Yeah, Oldie was pretty dope. Actually like Frank Ocean's verse on there as well.

And liked Earl way more there than on Channel Orange. As Acid said, shit was sleepy.

EVOL 100%

So GAF-Hop, some of you may recognize me form the plug.dj room.

I hardly know anything about hip hop. Instrumental hip hop I listen regularly too but I have nearly no experience with rapping.

The few albums that I listened to that I liked are: Madvillainy, Stankonia, Deltron 3030, Food & Liquor.

Some recommendations would be much appreciated.

overcast

Damn. I just can't get enough money to keep up with all of these concerts. How quickly do you guys think the ASAP concert will sell out in Hollywood?

Also, fuck Ticketmaster and their extra fees.

CRS

I hardly know anything about hip hop. Instrumental hip hop I listen regularly too but I have nearly no experience with rapping.

The few albums that I listened to that I liked are: Madvillainy, Stankonia, Deltron 3030, Food & Liquor.

Just from the artists you posted.

MF DOOM:
- MM.. FOOD
- Operation Doomsday
- Take Me To Your Leader (King Geedorah)
- DANGERDOOM (Danger Mouse x MF DOOM)

OutKast:
- ATLiens
- Aquemini

Lupe:
The Cool
Fahrenheit 1/15th mixtape series

Related/Similar:

Souls of Mischief - 93 'til Infinity
The Pharcyde - Bizarre Ride II the Pharcyde
A Tribe Callled Quest - Midnight Maruaders
Big L - Lifestyles of the Poor and Dangerous
Black Star - Mos Def and Talib Kweli are Black Star
De La Soul - 3 Feet High and Rising
Handsome Boy Modeling School - So... How's Your Girl?
J Dilla - Donuts
UGK - Ridin' Dirty
Lord Quasimoto - The Unseen
Mos Def - Black on Both Sides
Blu & Exile - Below the Heavens
Gang Starr - Moment of Truth
Nas - Illmatic

EVOL 100%

Just from the artists you posted.

MF DOOM:
- MM.. FOOD
- Operation Doomsday
- Take Me To Your Leader (King Geedorah)
- DANGERDOOM (Danger Mouse x MF DOOM)

OutKast:
- ATLiens
- Aquemini

Lupe:
The Cool
Fahrenheit 1/15th mixtape series

Related/Similar:

Souls of Mischief - 93 'til Infinity
The Pharcyde - Bizarre Ride II the Pharcyde
A Tribe Callled Quest - Midnight Maruaders
Big L - Lifestyles of the Poor and Dangerous
Black Star - Mos Def and Talib Kweli are Black Star
De La Soul - 3 Feet High and Rising
Handsome Boy Modeling School - So... How's Your Girl?
J Dilla - Donuts
UGK - Ridin' Dirty
Lord Quasimoto - The Unseen
Mos Def - Black on Both Sides
Blu & Exile - Below the Heavens
Gang Starr - Moment of Truth
Nas - Illmatic

Those two albums I own and I really like. I dunno why I forgot about them.

Thanks for the recommendations, I think I actually have a few of those thanks to my brother.

sup EVOL!

you're gonna get a slew of dudes making some really good recommendations soon - so to expand on the instrumental bit you mentioned, check this thread out!

Checked it out, I heard most of the stuff there. Thanks for the thread link though, that's another thread to subscribe too :D

overcast

I have a few fairly recent suggestions and a few classics:

Cunninlynguists- A Piece of Strange. Oneriology.
Currensy- Pilot Talk
Notorious BIG- Ready to Die
Wu-Tang Clan- 36 Chambers
GZA- Liquid Swords

Too tired to keep going.

HiResDes

Similar to Madvillainy ~ Kutmasta Kurt's Masters of Illusion
Similar to Stankonia ~ CunninLynguists' A Piece of Strange
Similar to Deltron 3030 ~ Ice Warriors' Self-Titled
Similar to Food & Liquor ~ Add-2's Tale of Two's City Vol. 3 & Vol. 4

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Those two albums I own and I really like. I dunno why I forgot about them.

Thanks for the recommendations, I think I actually have a few of those thanks to my brother.

Checked it out, I heard most of the stuff there. Thanks for the thread link though, that's another thread to subscribe too :D

EVOL. Start with the modern classics. Illmatic, Ready to Die, All Eyez on Me, the Infamous, 36 Chambers, The Chronic, Doggystyle, Reasonable Doubt.

It'll give you a good idea what grew from what and give you a deeper appreciation of what's good and bad today.

Is that the album the RZA verse is going to be on? I figured he has some solo ish going on too.

His verse on Oldie was his best since coming back, one of my favorite verses of the year. Need more like that, less sleepy.

RZA will be on his solo, which earl says will be done recording within a month.

Damn though, out of all the things to hate about No Idols, you hhate the beats??

Ya homie. How could i find anything else to hate if i cant even get through it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom