• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned

iQmNIlPZ2i7qE.gif

Already made a few posts, but I guess it's time for a hello post.

Hey GAF-Hop, only been listening to hip-hop properly for bout 2 years.
Artist I like: A$AP Rocky, Freddie Gibbs, Curren$y, Outkast, Cunninlynguists.
Hard to rep a coast being from the UK, but I'd go for east coast.
Favourite artist: Outkast.
Feature killer: Freddie Gibbs on Scottie Pippens.
Favourite album: Aquemini or A Piece Of Strange.
In my playlist atm: Became - Revolutionary Rhythm, Goldie - A$AP Rocky, The Vent - Big K.R.I.T., etc (not gonna list a whole playlist).

Yeah, any suggestions welcome.

For real though, if your a fan its good to see him live. Just dont go in with high expectations of a mad live performance. Its awesome to hear songs like Duel of the Iron Mic live. Booming bass and the atmosphere and all that.

I always know what to expect going to see GZA. I just enjoy it for what it is.

Fo sho..... Thanks for that. Regardless its gonna be dope. That's a shame he doesn't bring it like he used to

Esch

Banned

In my playlist atm: Became - Revolutionary Rhythm, Goldie - A$AP Rocky, The Vent - Big K.R.I.T., etc (not gonna list a whole playlist).

i8z3hVGBhDnEp.gif

listen to G-Side- iSLAND

Fjordson

Welcome.

Check out "Below the Heavens" by Blu & Exile.

Classic.

Seriously.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
i8z3hVGBhDnEp.gif

listen to G-Side- iSLAND

Good choice.... Very good choice

Listen to "K.R.I.T wuz here" and "4evanaday" by Big K.R.I.T then check out the rest of his stuff.

Cudder

I don't know why but before yesterday I hadn't listened to KRIT WUZ HERE. I started at Return of 4Eva and went from there. But damn, they're all solid mixtapes. And I like Live from the Underground too.

Would GAF Hop agree that K.R.I.T. > J. Cole?

Macca

I don't know why but before yesterday I hadn't listened to KRIT WUZ HERE. I started at Return of 4Eva and went from there. But damn, they're all solid mixtapes. And I like Live from the Underground too.

I'd agree with that.

And I did the same thing, started off on R4. Love Wuz Here now tho.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

Yes. By a long shot.

Fjordson

By a country mile. Cole puts me to sleep.

And I wasn't even crazy about Live from the Underground, but overall K.R.I.T. is dope.

Krit over Cole by a large margin.

overcast

It's a lot closer than people are saying. Both debuts are slightly underwhelming, with Krits being more of a let down. Warm Up and Wuz Here are about even. FNL and Return of 4eva are about even as well.

Also, say what you will about Cole, but Krit talks about the same old shit constantly. Also, some of his hooks are starting to get awful.

CRS

It's a lot closer than people are saying. Both debuts are slightly underwhelming, with Krits being more of a let down. Warm Up and Wuz Here are about even. FNL and Return of 4eva are about even as well.

Also, say what you will about Cole, but Krit talks about the same old shit constantly. Also, some of his hooks are starting to get awful.

Yeah sure, whatever Recon.

Yep. J.Cole's first two mixtapes are seriously dope though, FNL is pretty good too, has some gems - Back to the Topic Freestyle is bananas. His album though...ehh.

RJT

Cole's album was underwhelming, to say the least, but Cole's best songs are better than Krit's best. Krit is a lot more consistant though.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Atmosphere and Dip Set on the same show?

I must go back in time 10 years to stop myself from exploding.

Listen to "K.R.I.T wuz here" and "4evanaday" by Big K.R.I.T then check out the rest of his stuff.

Yeah, don't know why I didn't say before, but I'm all over K.R.I.T. I started with Return Of 4eva, then got K.R.I.T Wuz Here after seeing the hype it got on GAF-Hop. 4eva Na Day is ok and I think Live From The Underground is better, I like I Got This. But overall, K.R.I.T. Wuz Here and Return Of 4eva are just miles better than both of his releases this year.

Welcome.

Check out "Below the Heavens" by Blu & Exile.

Classic.

Seriously.

Been meaning to get this for a while, I've seen it pop up on here A LOT. Guess it's time.
Cheers, guys.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Cole's album was underwhelming, to say the least, but Cole's best songs are better than Krit's best. Krit is a lot more consistant though.

coles best songs are barely better than taking a knife to the scrotum.

T Dollarz

Krit is so much better. Warmup and FNL are dope mixtapes, but Krits first two tapes are practically classics and his next two releases have been just a notch below that.

siddx

This really shouldn't even be a debate. KRIT by a country mile.

Someone should take away your ability to form opinions now.

Seriously, comparing Cole's carebear looking ass to Krit? I'd rather fuck a wall of nails than listen to another Cole album.

I like Cole better, his last 2 mixtapes are better than Krits work. Too bad they both had underwhelming album debuts. I like them both though.

HiResDes

I find it quite interesting that many of the newer guys are the ones behind Cole, and the older vets are ones are behind KRIT lol.

siddx

I find it quite interesting that many of the newer guys are the ones behind Cole, and the older vets are ones are behind KRIT lol.

It's because the new posters belong in the pop gaf thread. They just got lost and ended up in here.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
It's because the new posters belong in the pop gaf thread. They just got lost and ended up in here.

I think the pop thread laughs at Cole too.. Hence Recon's hate for them

HiResDes

If you like CL and Outkast check out G-Side, Goodie Mob, Crooked Lettaz, Hollyweerd, and Aleon Craft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom