• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamspy

00s were great. I think that's the time span that got my head out of my ass when listening to rap. Early Cash Money, early T.I., Jeezy, good Def Squad / Redman output, Talib's solo joints, 50 Cent etc.

This one is for you coldvein http://youtu.be/dp9ch-dAKk0 <----- best rap song or best rap song?

Esch

Banned
oneirology isn't backpack enough imo. hahaha.

eschaton.. i'm not writing gaf hop in total off as nonsense rap fans. some of yall have some good taste sometimes. i'm not trying to burn your house down man. just alot of the conversation on here is about shit that i would never care about. like drake vs. whoever. fuck both of those guys. but I KEEP COMING BACK.

Oneirology not backpack enough? Cmon son. just admit you don't like the South and be done with it. As for the rest...Well to be honest its just fuckery. Nobody gives a damn about beefs or anything like that. Its just culture relevant news we wanna joke around about. and tbh you have to accept that mainstream hip hop has its place and informs the underground as much as the other way around. Especially now more than ever with the boundaries between the two getting blurred.

So what's backpack?
A proprietary term for indie hip hop. Often white, but not always, usually a big focus on lyricism and shunning mainstream aspects of the culture like drug dealing, crime, sex.. Often abstract, with focuses on issues or "the struggle". Sometimes sampling atypical sources for production. Basically that shit coldvein likes and will rush to defend the fact that it doesnt exist at all costs, which is truly the mark of the hipster.

Examples include: Lupe, Atmosphere, MF DOOM, early Kanye, Jurassic 5, El-P, CunningLynguists, Jedi Mind Tricks, A Tribe Called Quest, Binary Star, Black Star, etc.

Whenever you see a person in the OT saying "THATS NOT REAL HIP HOP, THATS RAP" theyre probably all up on some backpacking nuts.

00s were great. I think that's the time span that got my head out of my ass when listening to rap. Early Cash Money, early T.I., Jeezy, good Def Squad / Redman output, Talib's solo joints, 50 Cent etc.

This one is for you coldvein http://youtu.be/dp9ch-dAKk0 <----- best rap song or best rap song?

Lol. This shit is like that Lonely Island music. Just for comedic effect. Anyone taking this seriously... Well... Damn.

Worst page yet. I was actually expecting Coldvein to dislike mannie fresh, but someone else disappointed me instead. Tell me you don't dislike Mannie Fresh please. I need you to confirm this.

kamspy

I guess this could contend. http://youtu.be/9iCd6UHR-3I

I have no job right now. When I dropped Dayton's on the 'Lac I had to make a questionable renters insurance claim to pay my rent. Bitch still never see's half a tank of gas. Only time I'm sober is on days I got my daughters or don't have enough money for non cannabis drugs (ironic ass drug testing system, heroin or blow - 36 hours, pot - 4-6 weeks :/ )

Hell, I'm sitting on a script of 120 xanax that I had to get my dude's baby momma to buy me, had em for a week and have about 10 left. lol.

Any yet, not a fuck is given. Hood rich is fine by me. I mean fuck, I'm typing this on a 55" LED with a GTX 680 supplying the image, and I've got less than $1 in my bank account. Also sitting on a chocolate leather couch, drinking a $5 frappe. Wouldn't change if I could. Wearing $200+ True Religion jeans, LRG hoodie and a dead stock limited edition A1's.

coldvein

Banned
Oneirology not backpack enough? Cmon son. just admit you don't like the South and be done with it. As for the rest...Well to be honest its just fuckery. Nobody gives a damn about beefs or anything like that. Its just culture relevant news we wanna joke around about. and tbh you have to accept that mainstream hip hop has its place and informs the underground as much as the other way around. Especially now more than ever with the boundaries between the two getting blurred.

sideparts

the south? of america? i don't like it. i'd never live there. it's too hot. people talk weird. and their music sucks. the food is good but thats about it. my sister is a lawyer for phillip morris in carolina, i havent gone to see her in like a decade.

edit: @ Tguy: there's been waaayyyyyy fucking worse pages on gafhop. there's no gifs on this page yet

I guess this could contend. http://youtu.be/9iCd6UHR-3I

I have no job right now. When I dropped Dayton's on the 'Lac I had to make a questionable renters insurance claim to pay my rent. Bitch still never see's half a tank of gas. Only time I'm sober is on days I got my daughters or don't have enough money for non cannabis drugs (ironic ass drug testing system, heroin or blow - 36 hours, pot - 4-6 weeks :/ )

Hell, I'm sitting on a script of 120 xanax that I had to get my dude's baby momma to buy me, had em for a week and have about 10 left. lol.

Any yet, not a fuck is given. Hood rich is fine by me. I mean fuck, I'm typing this on a 55" LED with a GTX 680 supplying the image, and I've got less than $1 in my bank account. Also sitting on a chocolate leather couch, drinking a $5 frappe. Wouldn't change if I could.

Damn *daps*, I won't lie dude haha, that was the song I went to after listening to Real Big. I love that song

this shit was the jam when i was 10

ayo i truly do miss the dancefloor crunk shit from this era, todays shit cant compare

Mannie Fresh truly made just pure fun music. If there was anything I missed from early 00, it's definitely that type of music. Everything so serious now.
edit: @ Tguy: there's been waaayyyyyy fucking worse pages on gafhop. there's no gifs on this page yet

Well, I don't automatically dislike gifs for being gifs. I think plenty of gifs posted here are funny, but okay

Bishman

TDE (Kendrick, Ab-Soul, SchoolBoy Q, and Jay Rock) are the perfect balance fusing underground / mainstream elements. It is more than lyrics. Flow is very important. Charisma too. You have to have the total package. Rappers like Aesop Rock... I start to lose what he is saying because it a combination of words together that is rappity rap.

Esch

Banned
Mannie Fresh truly made just pure fun music. If there was anything I missed from early 00, it's definitely that type of music. Everything so serious now.

idk man it was just that perfect shit to get your grind on on the dancefloor. nothing compares, none of this wubstep, none of the new wale/meek/cash money shit, none of the fruity taio cruz type joints

the era of the true grind is behind us

Dipset was early to mid 2000's yo!

ibpAr0XJT0B3MU.gif

New Kid Cudi ft. King Chip(Chip tha Ripper) - Just What Iam

http://www.complex.com/music/2012/08...-just-what-iam
I dreaded this product since Cudi was producing it himself but this is pretty dope.

la2.jpg

Dropping tonight before midnight!
the fuck is this shit

EERYTANG REAL BIG

Esch

Banned
9th wonder = backpacky producer?
Kinda, since he worked with Little Brother primarily. But if you look at those production credits of his, kinda hard to pigeonhole him with that. He's more like Ski or Alc, producing for the underground and mainstream.

Worst page yet. I was actually expecting Coldvein to dislike mannie fresh, but someone else disappointed me instead. Tell me you don't dislike Mannie Fresh please. I need you to confirm this.

When that shit dropped. Man the clubs were constantly bumping those songs out. Beats were big, loud and bassy. Perfect for clubs and cars. And i ate that shit up. Your right, it was fun music. Not for the heads that sit in their rooms and analyze lyrics. Thats the music you were listening to with your boys driving round. I loved it.

Im just saying nowadays looking back that music just aint the same to me. Its like its too silly for me at this stage. If were out driving and Real Big comes on best believe its getting bumped. But it wont be repeated. I enjoy it out of nostalgia and thats that.

You wont find it in my regular playlist nowadays though.

coldvein

Banned
i was tryin to remember where i had heard of 9th wonder.. it was his murs and buckshot projects.

i wish i wasn't too bald to rock a sidepart or i would.

Slim The Mobster going in on 50 Cent lol

When that shit dropped. Man the clubs were constantly bumping those songs out. Beats were big, loud and bassy. Perfect for clubs and cars. And i ate that shit up. Your right, it was fun music. Not for the heads that sit in their rooms and analyze lyrics. Thats the music you were listening to with your boys driving round. I loved it.

Im just saying nowadays looking back that music just aint the same to me. Its like its too silly for me at this stage. If were out driving and Real Big comes on best believe its getting bumped. But it wont be repeated. I enjoy it out of nostalgia and thats that.

You wont find it in my regular playlist nowadays though.

fair enough

coldvein

Banned
im listening to oneirology again..... i really dont think this shit is backpack at all. dudes talking about emotions does not make backpack.

kamspy

50 Cent right now: " Slim da who? hahahahahahah. Yayo! Bring me some more money to burn!"

Anyhow, Fif done admitted to working with DEA. Not because he was going to jail, dude had no time on the shelf, just to kill competition. Dude is a genius.

im listening to oneirology again..... i really dont think this shit is backpack at all. dudes talking about emotions does not make backpack.

Anything not radio music or gangsta rap is called backpack by someone, somewhere. The word has lost its meaning if it ever had one to begin with.

Oneirology is quality music. That's all I really care about.

Satch

Banned
it is really hard to keep up with music in here

it feels like somebody is dropping a new tape or something everyday

e_e

Macca

e_e
Welcome to GAF Hop.

After awhile you learn what peoples tastes are, and can wait for people with similar tastes as you to chime in.

Or just read one of those wrap up things. I think Peterb0y does them.

e_e

Pretty much like 3-5 tapes releases a week I'd say. Just gotta sample one or two songs from them find out if they are for you.
Welcome to GAF Hop.

After awhile you learn what peoples tastes are, and can wait for people with similar tastes as you to chime in.

Or just read one of those wrap up things. I think Peterb0y does them.

:lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

e_e
Pay attention to the big releases lots of people are talking about. Generally, that's where the quality is. Right now it's 2Chainz, coming up soon is Slaughterhouse, Lil Wayne's Dedication 4, and a bunch more. I'm terrible with releases.

And it's HRD that does the wrap-ups again, but they're quarterly now I believe.

And Cruel Summer in early-to-mid September, which is the biggest upcoming release.

Pay attention to the big releases lots of people are talking about. Generally, that's where the quality is. Right now it's 2Chainz, coming up soon is Slaughterhouse, Lil Wayne's Dedication 4, and a bunch more. I'm terrible with releases.

And it's HRD that does the wrap-ups again, but they're quarterly now I believe.

And Cruel Summer in early-to-mid September, which is the biggest upcoming release.

Yo how fucked is it that Slaughterhouse has a tape with drama round the same time Wayne does? damn

Man the new Lupe is gonna be awesome...yeah.

/ in before it's a techno beat song talking about how fucked up america/rap is with a auto-tune hook...prod by Alex Da Kidd.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yo how fucked is it that Slaughterhouse has a tape with drama round the same time Wayne does? damn
I think I'm the only one excited for both tapes, even though Dedication 4 is extremely likely only Dedication in name.

R.I.P. Mixtape Weezy

Macca

I totally forgot Slaughterhouse has a tape dropping. When the fuck is their album due?

Also, Khaled this month, should be hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom