• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I totally forgot Slaughterhouse has a tape dropping. When the fuck is their album due?

Also, Khaled this month, should be hot.
Oh yeah forgot about Khaled, that's next week. Should be good.

Slaughterhouse album is 28th, so the tape has to be sometime before that. Probably soon because they've already leaked half of the songs in the past week.

Macca

Man, Slaughterhouse is failing big time to get people excited for their album. It'll sell less than radioactive.

Also, Meek Milly this month I think!!

Edit. Ok nope, meek is october now.

CRS

Man the new Lupe is gonna be awesome...yeah.

/ in before it's a techno beat song talking about how fucked up america/rap is with a auto-tune hook...prod by Alex Da Kidd.

I have a small amount of faith that's been slowly increasing. I think this next song is going to make or break my hope for the album so I'm waiting with great anticipation.

Other than Lupe's album, I don't think I'm looking forward to anything else right now.

Since Satch is here, the one album I'm extremely looking forward to is Jessie Ware's Devotion. I've had her few songs on repeat forever now.

I have a small amount of faith that's been slowly increasing. I think this next song is going to make or break my hope for the album so I'm waiting with great anticipation.

Other than Lupe's album, I don't think I'm looking forward to anything else right now.

Since Satch is here, the one album I'm extremely looking forward to is Jessie Ware's Devotion. I've had her few songs on repeat forever now.

Same.

Around my way was pretty good (Legendary Beat usage is the reason most likely)...

but I couldn't get through Bitch Bad.

1/2 Lupe...1/2 bro (well 2/3 if America Terrorist III counts)

This is pretty funny.

Big Boi and Kendrick Lamar are supposed to drop albums this year. Care more about Big Boi's release though.

I really like Sweet Talk and her appearances on SBTRKT's album last year.

Esch

Banned
Finally finished FEAR (no need to play the expansions, I already did years back). Wondering if i should play FEAR 2 or skip right to 3....

Also i know some of yall have it(F3AR) Co-Op?

coldvein

Banned
This is pretty funny.

Big Boi and Kendrick Lamar are supposed to drop albums this year. Care more about Big Boi's release though.

really? jesus. awesome.

it goes without saying that the 2012 POS record is my most anticipated this year, but big boi is right up there. (maybe i like some shit from the sowf?)

kamspy

Finally finished FEAR (no need to play the expansions, I already did years back). Wondering if i should play FEAR 2 or skip right to 3....

Also i know some of yall have it(F3AR) Co-Op?

F3AR is underrated as hell. Better than FEAR 2 imo.

Sure it doesn't hold a candle to FEAR 1, but as far as action FPS goes, it's one of the best released lately. Good shooting feedback, great pistol, just dunno if my borrowed ISP is up to co-op though. Game plays just fine in SP.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I just want that Action Bronson X The Alchemist mixtape and I will be good.

Also does Pusha T have any solo projects in the pipeline or what?

Satch

Banned
#aWARE

bless *.*

btw Esch, thanks for the Hudson Mohawke recommendation. so far you are 3/3 on turning me on to good tunes (Alch, HudMo and Danny Brown)

too bad about your missy opinions doe

:scusthov:

PBY

Banned
Just listened to Thank Me Later and Take Care back to back. I still can't believe how universal the preference for Take Care over TML is. I really liked TML, while I found Take Care generally boring. I like my rappers to rap. Beats were also waaaay more diverse/interesting in TML. That Aaliyah sample was nuts.

I just want that Action Bronson X The Alchemist mixtape and I will be good.

Also does Pusha T have any solo projects in the pipeline or what?
Bronson x Alchemist tape would be my #1 tape of any year.

Hell, I'd be willing to pay for it.

Fake Edit: I'm listening A Kid Named Cudi. Jeez, I forgot how good this mixtape was.

T Dollarz

Per this morning's recommendations, I'm listening to King by T.I.

Just finishing it now. Fuck this is a great album. Far and away his best work. This dude needs to make a comeback in a similar fashion.

PBY

Banned
i just know i'm going to get shredded on here if i share my true feelings about eminem. yall are mean like gianna michaels "COCKSUCKER COCKSUCKER" etc.

well... if you really like em I'll give you an internet high five. and I guarantee you can't hate him as much as kam

kamspy

eminem is great, don't get the problem? too much sidepart?

Too much serious. Too much plastic surgery on a rapper who prides himself on grime.

Within 5 years he will look like Micheal Jackson. Dig up some picks of Em during the 2001 recording sessions. Good receding hairline and crows feets abound. Look at picks of him on Recovery. Dude looks 17 with an early MJ nose.

I should add that his music reflects this as well. Recovery is a straight pop album. Don't label me a fashion rap fan. I dig the fuck out of Danny Brown, so negate that shit before it starts.

Just finishing it now. Fuck this is a great album. Far and away his best work. This dude needs to make a comeback in a similar fashion.

You've heard Urban Legend and Trap Muzik and still find King better? Curious....

DominoKid

Just listened to Thank Me Later and Take Care back to back. I still can't believe how universal the preference for Take Care over TML is. I really liked TML, while I found Take Care generally boring. I like my rappers to rap. Beats were also waaaay more diverse/interesting in TML. That Aaliyah sample was nuts.

Take Care is a great album.
Thank Me Later is a great collection of singles.

DominoKid

i just know i'm going to get shredded on here if i share my true feelings about eminem. yall are mean like gianna michaels "COCKSUCKER COCKSUCKER" etc.

just say em is overrated and k.i.m. like i do.
great at the technical skills of being a rapper but his music just blows.
i can probably count on one hand the # of em songs i like.

kamspy

Yeah, I sure hate funny rap

<----------------

yeeeahhh.

MMLP would still be listenable if you could edit out the N*SYNC disses. Aside from that, I dig Azz Like That and his work with D12.

Also, I've said it before, Nicki Minaj is seriously the female Em, except I kinda like her shit more.

Fake Edit: I'm listening A Kid Named Cudi. Jeez, I forgot how good this mixtape was.

Far and away my favorite Cudder shit. I'd pay good money for a pure Cudi rap album.

T Dollarz

I don't really like Thank Me Later at all. There were only a couple songs I could agree to. Take Care was much nicer, enjoyed the whole album for the most part.

kamspy

Em's albums didn't age too well to me.

Same for me. Me and my boys really bumped the living hell out of MMLP (on cassette you new school bitches!) but it aged sooo poorly. At least most songs.

Give me Purple Pills and Azz Like That Em all day. He should have stayed in the Redman lane.

Another really annoying aspect was his "I want to be FAMOUS!!!!!!!!!!" then " I HATE BEING FAMOUS. LEAVE ME ALONE YOU ANNOYING ASS FANS"

I know people hate on Relapse but goddamn I love that album.

Prob my favorite modern Em album. As I said, I really prefer the silly Em.

coldvein

Banned
i could talk about what i think eminem means etc. big picture shit for a while, but i wont.

i will say that as a rapper, i think he's probably the fiercest, fastest, funniest fucking dude ever. i know yall are gonna hate but thats okay. your favorite rapper sounds like some boring molasses shit compared to em going for it at his prime.

coldvein

Banned
Wait, is it MMLP or SSLP that people prefer? I've never heard the latter.

depends. SSLP for me. for me SSLP was just like "holy shit this shit came out of nowhere" and there was nothing like it in my world.

then MMLP was just kinda a reaction to how big he blew up from that.

Hootie

Thats honestly one of the biggest pieces of shit ive ever heard. Shit beats and empty lyricism. Just plain awful. I can at least tolerate his other albums.

Well from a quality standpoint I agree it's pretty shit, but I find it to be an incredibly entertaining album.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Take Care is a great album.
Thank Me Later is a great collection of singles.
I know people hate on Relapse but goddamn I love that album.
Prob my favorite modern Em album. As I said, I really prefer the silly Em.
Gonna have to cosign all of this.

Also, as long as Slaughterhouse outsells B.o.B.'s latest, all is right in the world. Real talk, nobody, from Slaughterhouse, to the fans, to Em is expecting it to do gangbusters.

coldvein

Banned
Doesn't look like I'm missing much from SSLP. I guess I can give it a Spotify listen one of these days.

spin.. you are so wrong. i know you're maybe 15 years old or something.. but c'mon man. saying that the slim shady lp is something worth missing? no. no.

we were having a bit of a backpack vs. mainstream discussion earlier.. if you wanna talk about mainstream shit, the slim shady lp got more people into hiphop than probably any other album ever imo. whether you like it or not that was a game changer.

DominoKid

Gonna have to cosign all of this.

Also, as long as Slaughterhouse outsells B.o.B.'s latest, all is right in the world. Real talk, nobody, from Slaughterhouse, to the fans, to Em is expecting it to do gangbusters.

Slaughterhouse existence is just amusing to me.
4 rappers that cant sell boring ass musicformed like voltron to sell even fewer records and make even more boring music.

Having TDE right next to them on Aftermath just makes it even funnier. Better lyrics, better songs, and theyre probably just better people in general.

Just fucking comical.
And yeah im on my hater shit today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom