• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJT

Add me to the SSLP > MMLP crowd. I prefer funny Eminem to angry Eminem, and SSLP has way more storytelling than MMLP.

Guilty Conscience, My Fault, Rock Bottom, Bad Meets Evil... So many great tracks.

kamspy

Hopefully we can get mastered Joe Budden album out of the signing. Went though a big Mood Muzik phase a couple weeks ago and dug the hell out of it. Just sounded like a cassette dub.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Slaughterhouse existence is just amusing to me.
4 rappers that cant sell boring ass musicformed like voltron to sell even fewer records and make even more boring music.

Having TDE right next to them on Aftermath just makes it even funnier. Better lyrics, better songs, and theyre probably just better people in general.

Just fucking comical.
And yeah im on my hater shit today.
TDE ain't the same though, they don't do group records as often. I mean, for good reason, they work great in certain combinations, but still it's not the same.

And yeah better lyrics is pretty debatable, Joell could smoke them all out any day of the week and probably Crooked too. Better people? lol?

coldvein

Banned
Add me to the SSLP > MMLP crowd. I prefer funny Eminem to angry Eminem, and SSLP has way more storytelling than MMLP.

Guilty Conscience, My Fault, Rock Bottom, Bad Meets Evil... So many great tracks.

i don't think you have to take one or the other. within the SSLP.. yes, its funny. but its also angry. it hates itself. there hasn't been a rap record like that since.

and when em is funny he's fucking funny. and when he's angry he's fucking angry. it works in all ways imo.

spin.. you are so wrong. i know you're maybe 15 years old or something.. but c'mon man. saying that the slim shady lp is something worth missing? no. no.

we were having a bit of a backpack vs. mainstream discussion earlier.. if you wanna talk about mainstream shit, the slim shady lp got more people into hiphop than probably any other album ever imo. whether you like it or not that was a game changer.
:(

I'm not fift.......fine I'm listening to it right now gosh

Fjordson

I can respect Eminem, but on the whole I could just never get into him. Even SSLP. Just ain't something I'd listen to on my own time.

RJT

i don't think you have to take one or the other. within the SSLP.. yes, its funny. but its also angry. it hates itself. there hasn't been a rap record like that since.

and when em is funny he's fucking funny. and when he's angry he's fucking angry. it works in all ways imo.

He hould be 80% funny and 20% angry. MMLP feels like 80% angry. I mean, just check the difference between "Just the Two of Us" and "Kim".

I still like MMLP, but Slim Shady was Eminem at his best.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
yall are smarter than me, so... tell me. battle: eminem vs. _______ who wins
I can see Eminem as the best battle rapper out there, but that doesn't mean he's the best when it comes to albums, discography (Probably Kanye, Pac, Biggie if he counts, Dre, etc.), etc.

coldvein

Banned
He hould be 80% funny and 20% angry. MMLP feels like 80% angry. I mean, just check the difference between "Just the Two of Us" and "Kim".

I still like MMLP, but Slim Shady was Eminem at his best.

how do you feel about recovery? to me, some of it sounds wanky.. rihanna and shit? but his verse on NO LOVE is just fucking out of the park. i've never heard anything that tight. he didn't spit shit like that on the SSLP. or MMLP. or anything after.. over a decade later the dude is slaying shit harder than he ever has? what the fuuuuuuck.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
i could talk about what i think eminem means etc. big picture shit for a while, but i wont.

i will say that as a rapper, i think he's probably the fiercest, fastest, funniest fucking dude ever. i know yall are gonna hate but thats okay. your favorite rapper sounds like some boring molasses shit compared to em going for it at his prime.

Em at his prime was a beast... At first I hated cause I thought he was a gimmick but dude was legit as hell. I will say this though to be an asshole. Whenever Royce isn't around he sucks. Royce is his damn muse.

Also prime Jay, Nas, Big L, Kool G, Big Pun, and Biggie all are better rappers than prime Em.

RJT

how do you feel about recovery? to me, some of it sounds wanky.. rihanna and shit? but his verse on NO LOVE is just fucking out of the park. i've never heard anything that tight. he didn't spit shit like that on the SSLP. or MMLP. or anything after.. over a decade later the dude is slaying shit harder than he ever has? what the fuuuuuuck.

He went into Nas mode. We can still witness moments of brilliance, but he never released a good album again.

I'm with enzo too, Eminem never released a classic like Nas, Jay, Kanye, Pac or Biggie did.

coldvein

Banned
even after his 20000 plastic surgeries dude still flows incredible. come on.

@ kam: 50!?!?!?!?! WHAT!!!! im about to blow up this computer forever.

coldvein

Banned
no fucking way. cube? lol. he's taken 20 years to write the new friday movie, he's not gonna spit anything that could make em look bad.

Esch

Banned
no fucking way. cube? lol. he's taken 20 years to write the new friday movie, he's not gonna spit anything that could make em look bad.

Cube dealt more damage to real, live targets than Eminem ever did.

edit: no shit im not talking about Ice Cube in 2012.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Are we still talking about battles? I'll give you Big L and maaaaaaaaaybe Nas, but otherwise, no. Em would wreck Cube and all those others in a battle TODAY. Jay? LOL.

Song are a whole other story.

coldvein

Banned
Are we still talking about battles? I'll give you Big L and maaaaaaaaaybe Nas, but otherwise, no. Em would wreck Cube and all those others in a battle TODAY. Jay? LOL.

agreed. his mouth still works.

jay would be like "derp duuurppp uhhh uhmmm im rich ejkc" like.... seriously. if such a thing (jay vs. em battle) was even an option... i dont think jay would be into it. at all.

he's too wealthy to agree to being made to look retarded.

Esch

Banned
i have no idea what you're trying to say, eschaton.

I'm saying that Eminem's targets are weak and pathetic. Emimem's kill list includes basically his family (lol), a bunch of underground rappers, and Mariah Carey.

Ice Cube is like Joe Frazier in terms of competition. Eminem is like Roy Jones knocking out janitors and weekend volunteer national guard members.

and LOL at a battle 'today' versus prime for prime,smh

yall are smarter than me, so... tell me. battle: eminem vs. _______ who wins

immortal tech?

God I can't believe I listened to all of immortal tech's albums, but I was young and didn't know any better. I could say the same for Em, but at least the dude makes me laugh and fills me with nostalgia.

SSLP>MMLP

Fjordson

agreed. his mouth still works.

jay would be like "derp duuurppp uhhh uhmmm im rich ejkc"
Lmfao.

I just saw a Budweiser commercial with him in it last night and his voice sounded weird as fuck. Like Jay was crying or something when they did the voiceover. Never paid attention so maybe he's always been like that, but damn.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
God I can't believe I listened to all of immortal tech's albums, but I was young and didn't know any better. I could say the same for Em, but at least the dude makes me laugh and fills me with nostalgia.

SSLP>MMLP

Immortal technique had that one really good album with the cocaine song on it. I remember when it dropped people passed the CD around on my college campus like it was a copy of the Anarchist Handbook full of forbidden knowledge and shit...

kamspy

Jay n Fif don't need rappity metaphors to win battles. They use that real life ammo. A few shots about peroxide, hating moms, ruining daughters life, trailer trash, mopping floors if not for selling out his blood fam. it's ova.

Esch

Banned
Jay n Fif don't need rappity metaphors to win battles. They use that real life ammo. A few shots about peroxide, hating moms, ruining daughters life, trailer trash, mopping floors if not for selling out his blood fam. it's ova.

Exactly. What better target is there than a guy who makes his whole career about hanging his dirty laundry out there for everyone?

As for 50... Dude has more rap beefs than probably any other guy in the game ever besides Jay and hes still standing.

Acid08

Banned
Exactly. What better target is there than a guy who makes his whole career about hanging his dirty laundry out there for everyone?

As for 50... Dude has more rap beefs than probably any other guy in the game ever besides Jay and hes still standing.

That's fucking stupid. So they're gonna parrot the same shit to Em that he already made music about? That shit has NO power when Em has already taken ownership of it in his music.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
How the fuck is Big L gonna battle Em today?
If L battled Em in his prime, but yeah point moot.

Em is unfuckwittable in a battle then, it's clear.

Depends on how you define standing, because his musical career has been on a limp for about 3 years now. BISD was a valiant effort but not enough to keep him relevant. Dude dug his own grave with his perpetual nonsense without the music to back it up. 50 is a relic today.

Esch

Banned
That's fucking stupid. So they're gonna parrot the same shit to Em that he already made music about? That shit has NO power when Em has already taken ownership of it in his music.

So do you not understand the idea of how you can take someone's account of something like that along with their personality and use it to mock them? Obviously you don't take something like that and make it ammunition directly. You spin it, flip it, and embellish it in the right way to make someone mad.

Is this not obvious?

Depends on how you define standing, because his musical career has been on a limp for about 3 years now. BISD was a valiant effort but not enough to keep him relevant. Dude dug his own grave with his perpetual nonsense without the music to back it up. 50 is a relic today.

im not denying he's not able to make music anyone cares about right now. But that's not a product of beef.

Acid08

Banned
So do you not understand the idea of how you can take someone's account of something like that along with their personality and use it to mock them? Obviously you don't take something like that and make it ammunition directly. You spin it, flip it, and embellish it in the right way to make someone mad.

Is this not obvious?

Is it not obvious that no amount of flipping or embellishing wouldn't do shit to Em? I'm not even a huge fan of his but I don't think there's any way, 50 in particular, could flip that shit into anything more painful than the way Em already has.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So Mystikal just came on a playlist I was listening to on Spotify, and I feel like DMX gets too much rep as the 'angry rapper'.

Mystikal sounds like he's grinding his teeth to the gums during this song, and he sounds so mad that he's not even sure what to say with his lyrics.

I feel Biggie would have some fun, witty punchlines against him too.
Biggie would crush everyone. Guy generally seemed nice, but he could unload on anyone. His vocabulary and flow is too insane to keep up with to this day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom