• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
See I didn't even know he was one half of dead prez. So change that from totally to pretty unknown. They were relevant like when? 10 years ago?
Relevance doesn't mean jack when it comes to ghost writing. Most ghost writers are dude's out of the limelight anyways. Word to D.O.C.

Jay Sosa

Relevance doesn't mean jack when it comes to ghost writing. Most ghost writers are dude's out of the limelight anyways. Word to D.O.C.

That might have had more to do with his inability to rap (or rather that no one wanted to hear him rap anymore). If it wasn't for the accident he would be up there with Dre (or nowadays more like down there) Cube and Snoop. But my point just was that the only person that can admit to anything is Nas himself, not some MC on facebook.

jesus time to sleep have to get up in 6 hours. Boo-urns. Good night gaf

kamspy

So Large Professor polished up the lyrics on Illmatic? Makes sense. IWW sounds like Illmatic without that veteran polish (lyrically).

//B1G

Banned
illmatic is really the only album i can stand from nas anyway... it's like once he got that notoriety he just tried to be some self-fulfilling legacy and his songs became (for the most part) "i'm nas and ... that's it". listened to most of his discog on shuffle this past weekend while climbing a 14k foot mountain and the difference between illmatic and everything else is too great for me.
plus he's just kind of a bitch in general. any interview i've seen just makes me despise the dude

HiResDes

maybe that's why he doesn't release shit. He's too busy ghostwriting. And someone manages to be way doper when he does then when he writes his own shit.

He has ghostwritten for a bunch of people in the past, yes, but it just sounds like you're hating him for no reason...When he's undeniably dope when he wants to be.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
For the record, I refuse to believe Nas has ghostwriters either. He's like the last rapper in the game that needs it.

Unless the hip-hop illuminati has had his entire career ghost written.

kodecraft

For the record, I refuse to believe Nas has ghostwriters either. He's like the last rapper in the game that needs it.

Unless the hip-hop illuminati has had his entire career ghost written.

Soak it up, I would mention who the guy in my avatar ghost written for in the past but I know the hate around here for him, so I won't say.

Kanye has ghost writers, thats a nice check without the limelight that some kats prefer, i know i would.

Roscoe Dash ghost writes for some kats too, especially for hooks.

DominoKid

95% of big rappers have ghostwriters.
Worst kept secret in the industry.
Its just a matter of how much you buy into the abilities of one person.

Shit, most of those rappers got their start ghosting for other artists anyway.
Common practice in r&b but its taboo in rap to talk about.

Esch

Banned
isIeKLI5mzz92.gif

HiResDes

Seriously go listen to some of those songs on Carter 1, Wayne embodies an entirely different persona, one he could only replicate for a short period of time.

DominoKid

Kanye has ghostwritten and been ghostwritten for

Edit: I still believe Gillie wrote Wayne's hardest verses on Carter 1

I never bought into Gillie cause he's fucking wack but I can buy Spitta writing for him in that C2 period
But thats a discussion weve had before on here.
For a minute Drake did too.
But now Wayne freestyles his shit. For better or worse.

Its just a numbers thing. So much material. So many verses. So I dont really mind if rappers use writers cause its just hard as hell to keep coming up with shit.

95% of big rappers have ghostwriters.
Worst kept secret in the industry.
Its just a matter of how much you buy into the abilities of one person.

Shit, most of those rappers got their start ghosting for other artists anyway.
Common practice in r&b but its taboo in rap to talk about.

Just say Nas lost. Nah, but really I don't care too much about the whole ghostwriters thing.

I am curious however how much input comes from these ghostwriters you know? Like, I think it's really understandable to have a ghostwriter collab with you helping you make a full song, credit goes to both people, but I wonder how many rappers don't even bother making a full song.

//B1G

Banned
lol

man i should ghostwrite. check it on some syllable shit

take me just a fraction of a second to get to clappin with this weapon
i begin to laugh and then i'm steppin
and when the men in black come asking all them questions
you can bet your ass won't be no mention in the man in mask with ill intentions
cus blood baths are what i cleanse in and tragic accidents are what they're left with
watch moms collapse into some mince meat when her brains get blasted on the wind screen
they'll say she crashed cus of some bastard on a ten speed
but what your fam and friends see is the workings of a master in a frenzy
i told you for the last man don't tempt me cus i'm nasty when i let the devil in me

that's a nice top40 verse right there ya feeeel me

DominoKid

Just say Nas lost. Nah, but really I don't care too much about the whole ghostwriters thing.

I am curious however how much input comes from these ghostwriters you know? Like, I think it's really understandable to have a ghostwriter collab with you helping you make a full song, credit goes to both people, but I wonder how many rappers don't even bother making a full song.

Depends on the artist and situation really.
A few bars here and there.
Or a concept.
Maybe a hook or a verse.
Sometimes a whole song (Diddy, Will Smith).

//B1G

Banned
shoot i'm on a roll now

i keep it coming like a tidal wave
my flow so cold grill got a slight decay
so think about what you might just say
before i explode like kids inside microwaves
cus to end a life to me is a delightful day

I don't think I can take anymore of this

see you guys on page 56

this is some "dinosaurs had feathers back in the day" sort of deal that I want my 10 year old self to be naive to you feel me

dinosaurs are like lizards fam

Esch

Banned
I don't think I can take anymore of this

see you guys on page 56

this is some "dinosaurs had feathers back in the day" sort of deal that I want my 10 year old self to be naive to you feel me

dinosaurs are like lizards fam

breh when I was a kid i knew dinosaurs were related to birds

you werent about that life

I feel like this is substantial enough information to open up the Nas vs. Jay-Z beef discussion again.

Does Ether still make souls burn slow if it was ghostwritten?

//B1G

Banned
oh yeah i forgot i was thinking the other day about asking what everyone's idea of the best diss track was.
i think mine goes to mean mug. two chicks dissing each other on the same junt? don't get no harder!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZthxwfLwLM

"have you ever killed a n*gga, have you blew out his brains?
or have you cut the body up and fed your dog the remains?"

I've been really wondering this for a long time.

What does the V's and X's in some artists name (ASVP Rocky) mean?

Why do they switch the letters lol

VSVP RxCKY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom