• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Schoolboy Q is fucking boring. ill take Kendrick's atypical flow or variety of subject matter, Ab-Soul's quirky, abstract ramblings and bars. He's just a drug swag rapper with decent production, solid punchlines and flow.... He's basically ASAP Rocky with worse production and less charisma, but somewhat better rapping skill. Nothing about his delivery leaps out to me on a track either really. His rapping style is basically like a less annoying mixtape Big Sean, to be honest. I don't know what it is you guys see in him. I could even understand preference, like oh i like him or whatever. But you have guys in here talmbout how he's the best member of TDE, and one of the leading candidates in the rap game and such... I cant fuck with that. Dude is OK, he writes unmemorable shit to me. What is it exactly that makes Schoolboy Q a good songwriter?

Jay Rock's followup will probably be much better than HNC

Tokubetsu

Keisha's Song is cheesy? Ignorance Is Bliss?

#dead

I'll give you Ignorance is Bliss as I consider it the BEST song he's recorded but not Keisha's Song. I seriously only go back to Overly Dedicated for Ignorance is Bliss. Thatat whole album, the only song I like. You guys forget that two years ago i was full on Kendrick hater. He used to have a horrible time staying on beat, he reminded me a lof Talib Kweli.

overcast

Follow Me Home > Blue Slide Park >>> HnC > Section.80 > Control System.

#TDE
Oh you.

I think Good Kid will be great, and it will sell a very nice amount. Q and Soul are approaching Kendrick, but they are still below him.

Section.80>HnC>Control System>Setbacks>>Longterm Mentality>Follow Me Home

Toku have you been sniffing that Badu pussy?

I guess Toku will never release an album eh?

Schoolboy Q is fucking boring. ill take Kendrick's atypical flow or variety of subject matter, Ab-Soul's quirky, abstract ramblings and bars. He's just a drug swag rapper with decent production, solid punchlines and flow.... He's basically ASAP Rocky with worse production and less charisma, but somewhat better rapping skill. Nothing about his delivery leaps out to me on a track either really. His rapping style is basically like a less annoying mixtape Big Sean, to be honest. I don't know what it is you guys see in him. I could even understand preference, like oh i like him or whatever. But you have guys in here talmbout how he's the best member of TDE, and one of the leading candidates in the rap game and such... I cant fuck with that. Dude is OK, he writes unmemorable shit to me. What is it exactly that makes Schoolboy Q a good songwriter?

I don't dislike Q or think he's boring but I agree that he's the weakest of the group. Still good in my eyes though but after letting Follow Me Home age a little bit and then going back and listening to it again I realized Jay Rock is much better than what I was giving him credit for which put him above Q.
K.Dot>Soul>Jay>Q
Again, I like em all though.

Also random note but Diary of a Broke n***** is fire.

Macca

How are people saying Q is boring when There He Go has got to be one of the years best tracks, and is hype as hell. Shit confuses me.

Tokubetsu

How's Darksiders II?

Esch

Banned
How are people saying Q is boring when There He Go has got to be one of the years best tracks, and is hype as hell. Shit confuses me.
My favorite from him this year is Hands on the Wheel probably. There He Go is a super fucking average track. its just Q saying how cool he is over and over again. it doesnt have a super hype beat, he doesnt snap out on it either, his rhymes are basic as fuck and hes doing that voice cracking shit that annoys me too.

I'll admit that there is some stuff of Q's that I do enjoy occasionally but he misses more than he hits, doesnt have the production to shore up the misses, and literally has nothing interesting to say. For me at least, I guess.

Kendrick>>>>>>>>Ab-Soul>>>>>Jay Rock>Q.

Esch

Banned
I dont dislike Schoolboy Q at all, in fact i like him fine. I just dont see him as special or noteworthy in pretty much any way. If i wanna listen to a swag rapper, there are plenty of other listening choices i'd choose over him.

Tokubetsu

Let it be known that in 2012 A.B.G., TDE became a part of the GAF-Hop Cycle.

I dont dislike Schoolboy Q at all, in fact i like him fine. I just dont see him as special or noteworthy in pretty much any way. If i wanna listen to a swag rapper, there are plenty of other listening choices i'd choose over him.

You would listen to Rocky over Q wouldn't you? I bet you thought Rocky had the best verse on "Hands on The Wheel" too.

the last thing I'd say about Q is that he's boring. He's hype as hell. I love his album from this year. Lyrically he's not amazing but like ASAP Rocky he just has so many dope lines it doesn't matter

T Dollarz

Yeah, Follow Me Home had really high highs but was pretty inconsistent in total when I go back to it. I think his next album will be a lot better.

Kendrick>Ab>Q>Jay

Section.80>Control System>HnC>>>Setbacks>>>Follow Me Home

This being said, I loved those first 3 albums so much that I don't really care to rank them. Sooooo many spins from all 3.

mooooose

You would listen to Rocky over Q wouldn't you? I bet you thought Rocky had the best verse on "Hands on The Wheel" too.
I love Q and HnC but ASAP stole the show on Hands on the Wheel. Likewise, Q stole the show EASILY on Brand New Guy. The two work great together. I think Q works better with ASAP than TDE.

T Dollarz

LiveLoveA$ap was dope, but doesn't come close to HnC. That being said, I think A$ap continues to get better. His next release should be great.

mooooose

HnC is really good but a little too long.

Sacrilegious is good but the "woahs" ruin it for me.
There He Go is a perfect song. Literally.
Hands on the Wheel is great but Q is outshined.
Sex Drive is ok. If it wasn't Q, I'd probably never listen to it.
Oxy Music is really good.
My Hatin Joint is amazing but the boring too long intro wouldn't tell you that.
Tookie Knows is FUCKING AWESOME for an interlude.
Raymond 1969 is really good but it's a lot like Oxy Music and Nightmare on Figg St...*
Sexting kinda sucks. Honestly. Q's charisma carries it a little. He does what he wants to do as best as he could but it's not that great.
Grooveline is boring IMO.
Gangsta in Designer is awesome.
How We Feeling is boring.
Druggys wit Hoes Again is fucking great.
Nightmare on Figg St is fucking AMAZING. He spazzes on this.
Blessed is amazing.

And that's where it SHOULD end. And it's good. It's a really really great album but I have my beef with it in some ways. Still, I think Q is the most interesting rapper out, easily. I'd like to see him on a song with Pusha T.

T Dollarz

So why is it that we don't have a TDE(+Danny&A$ap) mix yet? Could really use an hour long mix of their already extensive disco to vibe with...

Section.80=Control System>Let's put ASAP here>>>>>>HnC

I only like 3 songs on HnC, but I like Q though so maybe next time?
I hope that Lady Gaga/Kendrick song is good, I really really do, but I don't have any optimism towards it.

I hope that Lady Gaga/Kendrick song is good, I really really do, but I don't have any optimism towards it.

With Gaga on it it could be big. Not good, but big. Would give Kendrick some serious mainstream appeal. Could be his big break.

Sup guys.

Pick a coast to rep - West, forever and always
Favourite Artist - Turbo T. Double, the man behind the infamous Gigaton Punch song.
Favourite album - enzo is probably gonna rub this in my face, but Graduation.
What's in your playlist? - I don't really have any playlists, but I tend to mix Busta Rhymes, some Lupe, Dre, and TTD when I need my hip-hop fix. I haven't really tried listening to too much modern music at all, let alone hip-hop, so my knowledge of current stuff is completely limited.

Onemic

Probably about a 5% chance.

That Gaga X Kendrick will be amazing. I mean weird Kendrick is already best Kendrick, add Gaga into that and you will OD. Going to be his best song this year, move over C&C, Swimming Pools, Section 80, etc.

Sup guys.

Pick a coast to rep - West, forever and always
Favourite Artist - Turbo T. Double, the man behind the infamous Gigaton Punch song.
Favourite album - enzo is probably gonna rub this in my face, but Graduation.
What's in your playlist? - I don't really have any playlists, but I tend to mix Busta Rhymes, some Lupe, Dre, and TTD when I need my hip-hop fix. I haven't really tried listening to too much modern music at all, let alone hip-hop, so my knowledge of current stuff is completely limited.

Welcome my dude. Ive been stuck in the 90s since they happened. Never got into new musci, sated bumping wu, mobb deep, gangstarr etc. Been discovering some great new music in this thread. Some decent people in here who can help ya find new shit youll like.

Look at the Op and Des wrapups for new music too.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
what the fuck with all this Q/TDE nonsense on this page

can someone hit the GAF-Hop reset button for me? Shit isn't functioning properly here, B.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Gaga and Kendrick were tweeting earlier about the song

@ladygaga

I wrote "PARTYNAUSEOUS" about Jakarta, and my relationship with that country. Wishing I could "get high with the enemy" and make peace.

@ladygaga

Once @kendricklamar + I started talking about life + his forward thinking views about love + hip hop, the song became something more.

@kendricklamar

@ladygaga definitely became something more. Personal on both ends.

@kendricklamar

@ladygaga Dark poetry. But that peak of light that shines thru is hope and desperation. That's me. That's this song.

Kendrick's never let me down with his music so far, so I don't think the Gaga X Kendrick will be a let down.

Also, Section80 = Control System > HnC > Follow Me Home

Dereck

Schoolboy Q is a bit lack luster in features, but on his own albums is where he shines the most.

Brand New Guy to me is one his best feature verses, all of his other ones are decent.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Schoolboy Q is a bit lack luster in features, but on his own albums is where he shines the most.

Brand New Guy to me is one his best feature verses, all of his other ones are decent.
I don't know, Aaaah! Real Monsters, Hell Yeah for Ab-Soul's project and Flight Confirmation are all pretty dope features, as is his on The Spiteful Chant (goes without saying, possibly his best feature). IMO ScHoolboy has never missed a beat when it comes to features.

She got a big booty so I call her Big booty

Damn just heard that song right now too.. Off to hear the ignorant mix...

E: First 20 minutes in...Already sounding good...
wwe-triple-h-hhh-happy-6bb61e3b7bce0931da574d19d1d82c88-16.gif

Trips approval

Dereck

I don't know, Aaaah! Real Monsters, Hell Yeah for Ab-Soul's project and Flight Confirmation are all pretty dope features, as is his on The Spiteful Chant (goes without saying, possibly his best feature). IMO ScHoolboy has never missed a beat when it comes to features.
Forgot about that XV verse.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Joell previews "Throw That" ft. Eminem.

stic.man follows up on his comment on ghostwriting for Nas.
Dream Hampton. I certainly don’t mean to call u a hater. I am just being brought up to speed about your tweet. I heard the “rumors” from other tweets and a few emails from fans. I still haven’t read your tweet. So my statement was just being clear on how I felt about the collab. That was a great opportunity for me to work with one of the most influential emcees to my own personal flow and craft. I can’t speak on what Jay and Nas collab was cause I wasn’t there and that’s there business. Both of those cats are awesome lyricists in my opinion. But for me I was just a white belt that answered the call for a session with a master of the craft. And I assisted where it was requested with ideas, beats and some writing. Not because Nas “needed” me lol…Again I was just honored to get the call. Nas new album Life is Good is lyrically magnificent and his skills have always spoken for them self. So that’s just my view I respect that folks may field different ways about it. Just clarifying my position.

And I referred to it as a “rumor” because obviously no one of the people talking about it were present in the session. So people can sometimes think they know but weren’t present so they speak on what they think as opposed to being there.​

I don't know but dude just chilling with a bunch of Japanese dudes smoking in a room made me laugh.

Also, I don't know how to say this, but please bare with me, I like the 2 Chainz album.

Ross tell Rolling Stone the reason he became a corrections officer. His best friend went to jail.

“This was my best friend, who I ate peanut-butter-and-jelly sandwiches with, and pork and beans with, my buddy, my partner, my number-one dude. Suddenly I’m talking to him over federal phone calls. Hearing the way it was building, I knew I couldn’t take nothing for granted,” says Ross. “My homey’s father was a huge influence on my life, too . . . He was the one who was like, ‘Yo, go get a job somewhere, man. Go be a fireman. Or go be a fucking corrections officer. Just go sit down somewhere.”

He should write some raps bout this part of his life. Working in a prison that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom