• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

Okay just reread Eschs take on Q and am dumbfounded at the Big Sean comparison. I have to question whether you even listen to lyrics rather than catching the occasional punchline here and there. Both HnC and Setbacks have strong themes with Q contemplating the morality of thug life, whether its okay to be consumed by Lust, longing to be more conscious, longing to resort back to a thug life, snitches, bitches, etc. He has more range and versatility than you are giving him credit for.

Jay Sosa

Someone compared Q to Big Sean? The hell..

kendrick and gaga...the world is truly ending. I'll see you all in hell.

haha told y'all Dre would make Kendrick work with awful big name artists just so he sells more records.

Esch

Banned
Okay just reread Eschs take on Q and am dumbfounded at the Big Sean comparison. I have to question whether you even listen to lyrics rather than catching the occasional punchline here and there. Both HnC and Setbacks have strong themes with Q contemplating the morality of thug life, whether its okay to be consumed by Lust, longing to be more conscious, longing to resort back to a thug life, snitches, bitches, etc. He has more range and versatility than you are giving him credit for.
The rhyme schemes and flow are pretty similar, not the content.

I agree that I did smear Q with a pretty broad brush... He does have his moments of consciousness. I just don't think they're provocative, or interesting. I've heard a lot of rappers spit about being caught between their musical careers and former lives in the trap, the downfalls of women, the dark allure of drugs... In that respect I feel like Q emulates Jay or 50 more than any other rappers, I just dont think he reinvents the wheel on any of that content.

Acid08

Banned

Those themes don't really add much to your point, they're pretty generic.

I am a Q fan but his content rarely makes me feel anything, it's all charisma and style for me.

Jay Sosa

I am a Q fan but his content rarely makes me feel anything, it's all charisma and style for me.

Cycles does nothing for you? That's a fucking great track with brilliant content.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The rhyme schemes and flow are pretty similar, not the content.

I agree that I did smear Q with a pretty broad brush... He does have his moments of consciousness. I just don't think they're provocative, or interesting. I've heard a lot of rappers spit about being caught between their musical careers and former lives in the trap, the downfalls of women, the dark allure of drugs... In that respect I feel like Q emulates Jay or 50 more than any other rappers, I just dont think he reinvents the wheel on any of that content.
I can vibe with this.

I think it's okay to not reinvent the wheel, not many artists do and nobody really needs to. You can dumb things down enough that everything is some variation of what someone else has done before, and I think that's Q's lane. Same with Rocky really, they provide twists on sounds people love, and that's why they're so popular.

Like Acid08, the charisma and style are enough for me because he excels so much at that. But TBH, not many rappers' conscious raps make me feel anything personally, just the variation in the content I'm listening to compared to the norm is what draws me to conscious raps more often than not. And every once in a while, I do find those gems I can personally relate to. Q is not that rapper I go to seeking revelation.

Esch

Banned
I can vibe with this.

I think it's okay to not reinvent the wheel, not many artists do and nobody really needs to. You can dumb things down enough that everything is some variation of what someone else has done before, and I think that's Q's lane. Same with Rocky really, they provide twists on sounds people love, and that's why they're so popular.

The best part of Rocky is that his music is so shallow and contrived, its the best hits of like 7 different artists, the production's great, and Rocky has a real distinct voice. He also has that 1 in a million ability.... he can write a catchy ass song that sticks in your head all day. And i prefer that for this type of music. Like you said, I just dont go to Q for that sort of thing so i just find the conscious parts to be retreads i dont care about.

IrishNinja

ahahaha...Ross as a fireman kills me, even volunteer departments have physical challenge tests

Seen Season 1. Great show, Stringer Bell is a G.

just noticed netflix has season 2 as well, shit's short a fuck though

2.5 titties for dope peddler eh

best song on the CD breh

ghetto dreams >>>>, cause scarface

oh you're just loving this, arent you satches

Yea, but what? Why would someone sane want to talk about it with PopGAF?

sometimes things inside bother us, and when we talk to outside people, we feel better
you should try it

I'm pretty sure Domino's only mode is extreme hyperbole mode

i feel like posts like these work as tags, because they're succinct about a dude's tao

i hope to god you're not a native english speaker

this post & image literally made me laugh out loud

It's funny because it's not an opinion, it's a truth. Tokubetsu only deals in universal knowledge, aka, truths.

i feel like im friends with a young KRS-1; you're wrong minded but you're so certain of it that i just wanna encourage you

Toku have you been sniffing that Badu pussy?

cotdamn

He used to have a horrible time staying on beat, he reminded me a lof Talib Kweli.

this reminds me: i actually preordered Beautiful Struggle & got it with a t-shirt, i was such a kweli fan after i found blackstar...i now look at this period as a low point in my tastes. which artist did ya'll stan/ride for that kind've embarrasses you now?

Tokubetsu

i2GafK6HZ5EP1.gif

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
this reminds me: i actually preordered Beautiful Struggle & got it with a t-shirt, i was such a kweli fan after i found blackstar...i now look at this period as a low point in my tastes. which artist did ya'll stan/ride for that kind've embarrasses you now?

DMX, DMX, and DMX.

On a similar note I'll say this though a few of my boys are Canibus Stans and I never seen a fandom take a star falling off so hard as what they went through recently.

DMX, DMX, and DMX.

On a similar note I'll say this though a few of my boys are Canibus Stans and I never seen a fandom take a star falling off so hard as what they went through recently.

I still love DMX!! He can do all the crack in the world (Im sure hes close at this stage).

His catalogue is so good hes earned his spot. Remember the first time you heard the intro off Its dark?? That intro went so hard!! I was like wtf this ninjas barking all over the album haha.

DMX is def one my top 5 hands down.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I still love DMX!! He can do all the crack in the world (Im sure hes close at this stage).

His catalogue is so good hes earned his spot. Remember the first time you heard the intro off Its dark?? That intro went so hard!! I was like wtf this ninjas barking all over the album haha.

DMX is def one my top 5 hands down.

its the combination of the crack, insane behavior, suspect references to jail (that he makes more and more of these days) that have made me give in my DMX card. He has classic albums without a doubt its just hard to defend him now.

Fjordson

Even his style isn't all that compelling for me. Much like the A$AP album, I was bored and wasn't sure where all the praise was coming from.

Opposite of those, Section.80 was an album that kept getting hyped up by people I know that actually managed to not disappoint.

IrishNinja

A$ton Matthews shit was nice, ya'll shouldn't sleep. shit does indeed bang.

Hannah Montana was the only track i had to skip, personally

It's alright.
Ross tell Rolling Stone the reason he became a corrections officer. His best friend went to jail.

“This was my best friend, who I ate peanut-butter-and-jelly sandwiches with, and pork and beans with, my buddy, my partner, my number-one dude. Suddenly I’m talking to him over federal phone calls. Hearing the way it was building, I knew I couldn’t take nothing for granted,” says Ross. “My homey’s father was a huge influence on my life, too . . . He was the one who was like, ‘Yo, go get a job somewhere, man. Go be a fireman. Or go be a fucking corrections officer. Just go sit down somewhere.”

He should write some raps bout this part of his life. Working in a prison that is.
ibv4vODyTbXkhb.gif

Are there Khaled illuminati rumors? There has to be.

Jay Z gets those rumors for going from being the ugliest poor person ever to becoming stupid rich and marrying one of the most beautiful women in the world.

Khaled gets dudes to make beats for him and gets other dudes to spit verses on those beats and then he pockets a shit load of cash...how can he not be the fucking devil?

Kinda expected more out of this track. Kendrick killed it though.

Bout time he drops another solo album. I still listen to Never Better every once in a while.

Never been a huge fan of conspiracy rap but I always liked Ab-Soul for some reason. JMSN did his thing as well. If singing doesn't work out I'd like to see him produce for other artists.

The M.O.B

Are there Khaled illuminati rumors? There has to be.

Jay Z gets those rumors for going from being the ugliest poor person ever to becoming stupid rich and marrying one of the most beautiful women in the world.

Khaled gets dudes to make beats for him and gets other dudes to spit verses on those beats and then he pockets a shit load of cash...how can he not be the fucking devil?

It's hilarious, he does all this AND puts his mug on the cover like "yeah, easiest money I ever made".

cdyhybrid

What's the over/under on how many times DMX tells a dude to suck his dick on that new album?

Also, did we just give birth to the TDE cycle last page?

I don't know but dude just chilling with a bunch of Japanese dudes smoking in a room made me laugh.

Also, I don't know how to say this, but please bare with me, I like the 2 Chainz album.

Good man.

New Khaled is meh...

OG Kush

Before J.Coles album came out I was hyped as hell for debut album. Friday Night Lights and The Warm Up are dope, but if he continues on this path and the same path he took on his album then I ain't that excited for his new album. The guy also needs new drum sounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom