• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.
His feature on that 50 Cent song (can I talk to you?) is fucking great. Like Brand New Guy it's practically the main verse of the song.

GAF HOP...I'm addicted to Harry Fraud right now. Hell, he's even got me fiending for that new Whiz album with the corny ass cover.

Bishman

Okay just reread Eschs take on Q and am dumbfounded at the Big Sean comparison. I have to question whether you even listen to lyrics rather than catching the occasional punchline here and there. Both HnC and Setbacks have strong themes with Q contemplating the morality of thug life, whether its okay to be consumed by Lust, longing to be more conscious, longing to resort back to a thug life, snitches, bitches, etc. He has more range and versatility than you are giving him credit for.
Thank you. HiResDes is right to the fucking T. We need to have a listening session for Setbacks.

TDE stays dropping that heat! Ab-Soul is my personal favorite. He's tied with Kendrick. Everyone on TDE brings that freshness to the game.

The beat is underwhelming. Khaled should have let KRIT do the beat. And damn Kendrick just proved he's the GOAT for this new gen. "Don't forget about Compton, n*gga!".

Kendrick > J. Cole > KRIT

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Kendrick > Schoolboy > Jay Rock >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ab-sou...zzzzzzzz

If the four of em could form like voltron and combine powers we'd have one incredible rapper. Separately they are the kings of "mediocre but enjoyable." I've never heard so much B grade stuff from one collective. It's actually kind of nice since it's consistently "decent" output from em.
Well except for Ab-souls boring ass album.

Bishman

If the four of em could form like voltron and combine powers we'd have one incredible rapper. Separately they are the kings of "mediocre but enjoyable." I've never heard so much B grade stuff from one collective. It's actually kind of nice since it's consistently "decent" output from em.

childplease.png

SoilBreak

Banned

My Man

KgGTH.gif

siddx

This thread was asking for it, wearing that hoochie shit.

Ace, that ignorant20...good god, probably the best one yet. The transition from work hard play hard to my homies still makes me want to have a fucking party right now. And the entire last 20 minutes are insane.

Also PBR and turn up juice off that Mach Five album are titastic. Not all that fond of most of the rest of the album but those two tracks make me want to kobe the fact out of my stereo.

siddx

Just getting around to that lloyd banks tape. Protocol...goddamn.

HiResDes

TDE>Outdoorsmen>Mello Music Group>>>>>Everyone Else

Also how the fuck did I miss this. I can't believe it. Did Shinobi hype it without me knowing?...Someone console me, I'm in awe.

...Guys, you know what to do. 27 Bangers! Here's one of them

Also went back and downloaded this old joint from 2010:

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Ace, that ignorant20...good god, probably the best one yet. The transition from work hard play hard to my homies still makes me want to have a fucking party right now. And the entire last 20 minutes are insane.

Yeah I spent most of my load on that one... I decided to end 20 on some wild shit instead of winding it down like I do most times...

siddx

Hit-boy put on a mixtape too...I guess he raps too? Haven't listened to it yet but I expect embarrassing rapping over the beats nobody else wanted. Would be nice to be proven wrong though.

Oh and this mixtape has a bunch of No.ID production, im interested
Mikkey Halsted -Castro

Esch

Banned
DominoKid is right, god bless his black heart

TDE makes good music, but theyre still in the stage of feeling stuff out with mixtapes and letting people know what they're all about. Surprisingly well known now though, a lot of college age kids are familiar with Kendrick now. Q a distant second in terms of name rec.

tj hazuki

Supposedly, Leona Lewis's new single (lead) features Childish Gambino

Leona's new single Trouble [co-penned by Emeli Sande, prod FT Smith & Naughty Boy] out October 7 - features US rapper Childish Gambino.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
DominoKid is right, god bless his black heart

TDE makes good music, but theyre still in the stage of feeling stuff out with mixtapes and letting people know what they're all about. Surprisingly well known now though, a lot of college age kids are familiar with Kendrick now. Q a distant second in terms of name rec.

too bad they weren't signed to a more well known label like YMCMB or MMB. at least they would've had their name on something worth talking about.

Esch

Banned
No, I prefer them grinding on their own and making a name for themselves on mostly their own terms (aftermath for now seems kinda hands off), its more impressive and theyre able to keep the sound they have now, which is unique and good.

f0rk

I'm really liking Schoolboy Q's album now, definitely my most played album of the last couple of weeks. Ab-Soul and Danny Brown are growing on me as well but I can see what siddx is saying, Ab-Soul is more background music while I'm doing something else.

Does Kendrick Lamar have an album coming soon? Really like Swimming Pools, should I pick up Section.80?

Really looking forward to the first couple of weeks of September with Cruel Summer, ASAP Rocky and The XX albums all coming out.

HiResDes

Whenever I use greater signs I'm never talking about sales. Good Music is the only one out of those that really contends on a quality basis IMO.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
i have to admit ab soul doesn't get many plays as school or as many as he should. hes kinda too soft at times imo. for some reason i like him more as a ft. than him just by himself.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
this one?
ifhPsAPChoUli.gif

i might make a new one someday, this ones to fast imo.

lol Forgot about that... I need to blog that
Pretty much.
Although, Gunplay could give a boost to MMG if he lives up to his potential with his solo album.
2 Chainz isn't a GOOD artist so why would you count him? Can I just add anyone to any roster? Has to be MMG off the backs of Meek Mill and Ross and the potential of Gunplay and solid bench artist like Wale...
TDE gotta prove themselves at the market before they can sit at the table with the a-list.
Theyre still a b-list collective in the game.
TDE isn't even worth mentioning at this point..

Esch

Banned
Whenever I use greater signs I'm never talking about sales. Good Music is the only one out of those that really contends on a quality basis IMO.

And even then not really, it's mostly just a faded Kanye and Common and NO ID. I guess i might occasionally still check for John Legend too, but the rest of that stable? Not worth my time at all. You know what is really weird? Big Sean has completely gone silent. No features of note, no singles released, no followups. I find that to be pretty strange. It makes me wonder what his next studio album is gonna be like. I'm not into his current output right now but if I were Kanye/ No ID id be putting work in on turning him into a cohesive product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom