• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bishman

black-hippy.jpg

Y'all actin' like that TDE don't run L.A
Coast ain't been this hard since Pac, Death Row, and Dr. Dre

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
You have to have some actual sales to run anything. I'm not one to made a big deal out of sales but if you want to act like you little group rivals the big fish, you might want to wait till someone actually buys your album.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
ok i wanna know why. not hating i just wanna know why? i thought they were doing fine (in terms of Kendrick and school and ab)
Because they have not released a studio album between the three of them?
black-hippy.jpg

Y'all actin' like that TDE don't run L.A
Coast ain't been this hard since Pac, Death Row, and Dr. Dre
black hippy screams hard..

Blackace

You have to have some actual sales to run anything. I'm not one to made a big deal out of sales but if you want to act like you little group rivals the big fish, you might want to wait till someone actually buys your album.
Or make an album...

I think Kendrick going to do fine especially with the Dre co-sign...

Esch

Banned
ok i wanna know why. not hating i just wanna know why? i thought they were doing fine (in terms of Kendrick and school and ab)
Album sales, cultural relevancy, club presence, yadda yadda yadda

real talk Odd Future runs the West more than TDE, and i cant stand their music

this shit is way better than I expected, but still not what i want. I dont know how i feel about it as a stan. I usually dont like electro-hop as a while (maybe ive been burned off some soulless, boring flylo and Blu shit too often) but I kinda like some of this, a couple of the beats remind me of Com Truise. Ima have to give it a few listens.

Or make an album...

I think Kendrick going to do fine especially with the Dre co-sign...

No one cares about Dre anymore, outside of weed carrier west coast rappers willing to take their clothes off for piano beats. Kendrick doesn't appeal to women enough to do solid sales

80k first week write it down duns

Blackace

No one cares about Dre anymore, outside of weed carrier west coast rappers willing to take their clothes off for piano beats. Kendrick doesn't appeal to women enough to do solid sales

Yeah just every single person he had officially co-signed has blown up from X to Em to 50 to Obie to Game... But you are right..

Detox

Nobody cares yet that name is shifting headphones by the truckload. There are people who have no idea what he looks like or what he has actually produced and they still call him a legendary producer. Oh and I need a doctor went double platinum.

I Need a Doctor is an Eminem/Skylar Gray song, its success had littl to do with Dre

No one is checking for sterilized horns and pianos in 2012 trust me, I know what ninjas like (pause)

Watch after that Gaga feature. The mainstream will take him in, and of course GAF-Hop will disown him.

Des, gave that tape a spin.

Standout tracks,

Super Cool (Fire).
Break out the bottle.
Double Shots.
7. Am.

Problems and Live Fast Die Young were alright too.

No one is checking for sterilized horns and pianos in 2012 trust me, I know what ninjas like (pause)

Man Im checking for that sound. Love that clean sound. Sounds nice in the car, Games first album in Flac sounds amazing

Esch

Banned
I Need a Doctor is an Eminem/Skylar Gray song, its success had littl to do with Dre

Strongly agree

All you gotta do is go right here and you'll see Dre hasnt made waves with anyone in a long time. Granted Kendrick has way more talent but like you said he doesnt have the female factor going for him like that... chicks arent coming out of the woodwork to see him and they arent gonna plop down the money for his music. Kendrick can be pop oriented, but its just not what today's market wants even if it is dope

Watch after that Gaga feature. The mainstream will take him in, and of course GAF-Hop will disown him.

I'll be damned if this isnt the best example of projecting ive ever seen.

Blackace

Em = Dre for the most part... You know this but just want to troll.. Dre is like the 3rd richest man in hiphop after Jay and Puffy..

HiResDes

I would take that bet, but I don't have it in me to root against Kendrick. Plus the fear of getting a My Little Pony/Big Sean avy is too much

Em = Dre for the most part... You know this but just want to troll.. Dre is like the 3rd richest man in hiphop after Jay and Puffy..

It's not a troll, I've been consistent on Dre. I like Kendrick but his off beat monotone flow isn't going to appeal to everyone. And considering Dre hasn't produced a hit record in years, his involvement is overrated.

I'll bet right now that Kendrick won't go gold in a year

Blackace

It's not a troll, I've been consistent on Dre. I like Kendrick but his off beat monotone flow isn't going to appeal to everyone. And considering Dre hasn't produced a hit record in years, his involvement is overrated.

I'll bet right now that Kendrick won't go gold in a year
He produced one of the last platinum albums 3 years ago, but his involvement is overrated...

I'll be damned if this isnt the best example of projecting ive ever seen.

Damn Esch, you changing that avi too much. Cant tell who im talking to?

I can see it happening though. Hell either be accepted by the mainstream or nothing will change. Cant see a middle ground level change coming from it. Alot of heads will dismiss him if the mainstream take him in. I know alot of people that Loved Lupe up till his albums started selling well.

Esch

Banned
Damn Esch, you changing that avi too much. Cant tell who im talking to?

I can see it happening though. Hell either be accepted by the mainstream or nothing will change. Cant see a middle ground level change coming from it. Alot of heads will dismiss him if the mainstream take him in. I know alot of people that Loved Lupe up till his albums started selling well.
I'm not saying people won't hate him for going mainstream, but it all depends on how he decides to do it. When Lupe went mainstream he started recording super shitty ass music, so you gotta factor that in.

CRS

MF DOOM said:
"Who do I consider my peer group?" he ponders, before heading back into the sun, mask on face and beer in hand. "To me there is no time dimension. There's just an ever-expanding now now now now now. When I listen to hip-hop I listen to Just Ice, Boogie Down Productions, Ultramagnetic MCs. I grew up in that age, and it was memorable. But I'm down with all of it. Chuck D or Danny Brown? I feel comfortable with all of them. Word up, kid! Word up, man!"

DOOM and Danny Brown collaboration please.

I'm not saying people won't hate him for going mainstream, but it all depends on how he decides to do it. When Lupe went mainstream he started recording super shitty ass music, so you gotta factor that in.

Thats a fair point, i see you on that. But Lupe was still recording some good music, on top of the "super shitty ass music". Well to me anyways, hes made some tracks i really like since he came up.

But then you look at someone like Pitbull. Dude was mad grimy, now hes a clown. Making all this poppy dubstep garbage. Pitbulls a joke to me at this stage.

Like you said we gotta wait to see how it plays out. Personally I like kendricks music now. Regardless of what happens, there are people who will disown him if he blows up in ways the heads dont deem "Acceptable". Ill still like his music hes released up till now if he does blow up.

We both know there are people who will turn on him and claim all his music is garbage.

Circle of music really.

Detox

Plat? That's not even a fair bet. Even Rihanna's shit didnt go plat last time out here in the US iirc, you think Kendrick will even hit sniffing distance of that?
The gaga song tells me the entire aftermath, beats, Dr Dre, Iovine machine is going to push him. You guys are underestimating the Dre cosign big time I've seen grannies on the train with beats on. Dre hasn't been promoting new artists for a minute and there is the potential of another money spinner on the level of his past protégés so he will be promoted well. Remember there are industry heavyweights involved and they will make sure he gets the airtime. They just need that one single that will get played on non hiphop stations I feel the gaga single will be exactly that.

The gaga song tells me the entire aftermath, beats, Dr Dre, Iovine machine is going to push him. You guys are underestimating the Dre cosign big time I've seen grannies on the train with beats on. Dre hasn't been promoting new artists for a minute and there is the potential of another money spinner on the level of his past protégés so he will be promoted well. Remember there are industry heavyweights involved and they will make sure he gets the airtime. They just need that one single that will get played on non hiphop stations I feel the gaga single will be exactly that.

This is exactly how i see it. Its not a matter of whether poeple like Kendricks music or not. Its all about whether Jimmy, Dre and Interscope pay the radio DJs to play his shit. The Gaga feature will be the song they push and gets spun.

Dereck

Album sales, cultural relevancy, club presence, yadda yadda yadda

real talk Odd Future runs the West more than TDE, and i cant stand their music

this shit is way better than I expected, but still not what i want. I dont know how i feel about it as a stan. I usually dont like electro-hop as a while (maybe ive been burned off some soulless, boring flylo and Blu shit too often) but I kinda like some of this, a couple of the beats remind me of Com Truise. Ima have to give it a few listens.
I suggest you check out Shape of Broad Minds.

Esch

Banned
Will do boutdown.

I could maybe understand y'alls rationale if we had heard singles dropping and all that, but how you guys have so much blind faith in the dre machine when he hasnt backed anything of note in like almost a decade now is beyond me. Jimmy Iovine isnt a magic bullet who can make Kendrick somehow garner that kind mass appeal either, at least not in 2012.

The album could definitely hit gold though with the right promotion though, but platinum in under 3 months? I'll be shocked.

You haven't evenn been in here long enough to make these predictions lol

Yea and that Ratchet shit was enjoyable. 7 A.M. and Skittlez are the shit.

Definitely, some bangers on that tape.

I meant the heads as a whole. Not just GAF-Hop. Alot of the heads i know will disown him if he blows up. I get the feeling GAF will be the same. I hope he blows up though, Kendrick is way talented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom