• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

So who's hyped.
dedication1.jpeg

Absolutely no one.

PBY

Banned
Carter 2 is put up on some undeserved pestdal... Wayne has never been good but 3 might have been his best work.

yooooo can I get a link to ignorant 20? I feel dumb, but I missed it... kinda fiending, and I can't find it on the older pages/it isn't on the site

Carter 2 is put up on some undeserved pestdal... Wayne has never been good but 3 might have been his best work.

III is cohesive. It's still a "winning the special olympics" achievement though. I maintain that Wayne initially impressed people so much because no one on the radio was rhyming impressively. Then here comes a doped up retard with ghostwriters spitting multi-syllables and vivid imagery and people immediately crowned him the greatest.

It's like when people who only watch shit like Soul Plane, Tyler Perry movies, etc see something like Precious and declare it the greatest movie ever. Yea it's not horrible overall, but it's still pretty ehhh.

Holy shit new Ignant tape, that i wasn't even aware of!!!

Thanks for all these mixes blackace, me and my car love you

also that D-Brown feature is nice

IrishNinja

MF DOOM is corny, Danny Brown is cool

is this the new GAF-hop dichotomy? put me in #Team DOOM, cause even the lazy bits of his discography shit on both of Brown's voices

Danny has some fun shit no doubt, but yall gotta be kidding

Odd Future >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wu-Tang Clan

more like who-tang clan

scust & public disowning of you two, and i fucks with OF

i thought he was done after rhymefest, then that chick that slapped the rings up out of him

The Drought Is Over mixtapes were pretty good (to me at the time) but even back then I didn't really mess with Carter 2.

Carter 3 had a few ok joints but overall I don't think the dude has ever put out a good album

None of Wayne's albums were that good but his mixtape output and features was great in 2006-08, and then No ceilings was his last good project, ever since he got out of jail he's been awful.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

Holy shit new Ignant tape, that i wasn't even aware of!!!

Thanks for all these mixes blackace, me and my car love you

also that D-Brown feature is nice

thank you for listening to what I do!!! That is one of the reasons I make so many so often...

And if you have plans for the weekend... Pre-game/party with 20 - post game with 19.. I really dig those 2 mixes back to back...

III is cohesive. It's still a "winning the special olympics" achievement though. I maintain that Wayne initially impressed people so much because no one on the radio was rhyming impressively. Then here comes a doped up retard with ghostwriters spitting multi-syllables and vivid imagery and people immediately crowned him the greatest.

It's like when people who only watch shit like Soul Plane, Tyler Perry movies, etc see something like Precious and declare it the greatest movie ever. Yea it's not horrible overall, but it's still pretty ehhh.
III was a decent album... the only decent album he made. What it was was his grind.. he featured on anything.. by anybody who had a 2% chance of getting radio play.. he was everywhere.. 2 Chainz is on that grind now...

Weezy's first two Dedication tapes are the only things I have liked from him. And 6 Foot 7 Foot lol

Not really that much of a big fan of carter 2. Mostly just liked his mixtapes around that time.

III is pretty much the only body of work I consider decent.. but around here II gets way too much love imo...

Blackace

J Cole is the Obama of rap: nigga is blessed with the worst, most incompetent enemies/opponents in the world. Canibus, now Charlie Fuck Boy?

J Cole's level of beef reflects on his impact to the genre..

Tokubetsu

Does no one in Charles Hamilton's life care about him? How could they let this continue? How the fuck did he get an interview?

the fuck is dude talking about?

"Could you imagine Sonic having a kid and what that would do to the overall equilibrium of the universe?"

no I can't

Blackace

Does no one in Charles Hamilton's life care about him? How could they let this continue? How the fuck did he get an interview?
Audio Two and MC Lyte should slap him.. Or at least make him take meds

Blackace

It wasn't just The Firm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Dre_Presents_the_Aftermath

I think half the people on that album are dead now.

Nas was never the same after that album.

Everybody thought I Am would be the next Illmatic..nah. Nastradamus...shitty...Bravehearts..lol

I guess that's to be expected tho

Aftermath is still making money thanks to Em and 50.. He made a compilation album. Dont know how it failed? Hitman could have done something if he wasnt an idiot.. But still he got to ghostwrite for 2001...

Nas was never the same after Illmatic...

IrishNinja

the fuck is dude talking about?

"Could you imagine Sonic having a kid and what that would do to the overall equilibrium of the universe?"

no I can't

oh shit, might have to watch now

also: ima stream ace's next mix at poker night, i think. been working on a playlist for said events in my head, need to put it up on spotify when it's got more than a few things.

Trey

So I'm doing the last level of Bastion and I notice that Ab-Soul's "Terrorist Threats" sampled this level's music ("Bottom Feeders"). I had thought for a second that I somehow had my music playing in the background accidentally, but nope. Makes me like the track that much more.

So I'm doing the last level of Bastion and I notice that Ab-Soul's "Terrorist Threats" sampled this level's music ("Bottom Feeders"). I had thought for a second that I somehow had my music playing in the background accidentally, but nope. Makes me like the track that much more.

Nice

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Man, I officially can't even mock Charles any more. He's just...broken. The dude really needs help. Shit ain't even funny no more.

Jitters

You know, I just don't get Danny Brown. I try to like him because he seems to be so revered by everyone ,but I just don't get it.

Esch

Banned
Yo that Charles Hamilton shit is just really really sad. Like Meldrick Taylor interviews after Chavez sad. I feel actually bad for the guy. Like if I knew him i'd probably sit him down over a bite to eat or something and talk to him. That was the most nonsensical four minutes of interviewing i have ever seen, and not in a hilarious ha-ha Lil B way. Not even like a dude you have serious issues but you're fucking funny Charlie Sheen way. Dude seriously needs help from a professional. And probably medication. Or less medication? I don't know.

Yo that Charles Hamilton shit is just really really sad. Like Meldrick Taylor interviews after Chavez sad. I feel actually bad for the guy. Like if I knew him i'd probably sit him down over a bite to eat or something and talk to him. That was the most nonsensical four minutes of interviewing i have ever seen, and not in a hilarious ha-ha Lil B way. Not even like a dude you have serious issues but you're fucking funny Charlie Sheen way. Dude seriously needs help from a professional. And probably medication. Or less medication? I don't know.

I cant see the video. That bad huh??

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Aftermath is still making money thanks to Em and 50.. He made a compilation album. Dont know how it failed? Hitman could have done something if he wasnt an idiot.. But still he got to ghostwrite for 2001...

Nas was never the same after Illmatic...

It was a comp album to showcase all the talent Aftermath had. I guess the fact that both singles from that album didn't feature any Aftermath artist said a lot. :\

Aftermath had so many people on that label in the 00s and nobody but Eminem came out.

They had Eve, Busta Rhymes, Ortiz, and Raekwon.

edit: I forgot Busta's album did come out. Damn I use to like that album too :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom