• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
You must of played like less than a hour or two in demon/dark souls if you thought the exploration wasn't rewarding. In both games you could find equipment that would have you set for quite a few levels and destroying normal enemies easily. Oh well though, it's definitely not for everyone, but I never once looked at the wikias either at least not on first playthroughs, that shit is lame.

That busta rhymes is bad, it's the first mixtape/album I've regretted getting in awhile.

Mother flocka please... I played for quite some time.. Even had some fun but the exploration is boring to me..

Grzi

if you say so.. I feel the exploration isn't as rewarding and it is all in totally maximizing your character build via wiki which isn't exactly fun to me..

I thought the exploration aspect was excellent.
You're really left in the dark most of the time and basically forced to explore, finding some great stuff, which you just have to use correctly (scaling etc.).
I found the sword I was talking about by accident, by defeating an optional enemy at the beginning of the game. That extra bit of exploration rewarded me with a weapon that I couldn't use right away, but I never unequipped it once I could.

Witcher 1 was like one of the most boring games I've ever played. At least the combat was, I can't fuck with any rpg without a good combat system. I wouldn't say the story wasn't good though.

I have hopes that when I eventually play Witcher 2, I'll enjoy the combat of the game.

HiResDes

Witcher 1 was like one of the most boring games I've ever played. At least the combat was, I can't fuck with any rpg without a good combat system. I wouldn't say the story wasn't good though.

I have hopes that when I eventually play Witcher 2, I'll enjoy the combat of the game.

I do like the combat better in Dark Souls, can't wait to check out Dragon's Dogma though. Might be exactly what I want.

Esch

Banned

fair enough.i enjoyed w1 for that risen like jankiness tho. the 2nd one is amazing tho. my only regret with it is the silly alchemy system. rest of the game is flaw free and actually fun to replay

Trey

Fuuuuck. I bought Force Unleashed 2, but didn't remember that I'd already played it. I thought I'd only played the first one.

Played the first level, thought shit, this looks exactly like the first level of the last game! But nope... checked my save games, and had a completed one on there. Shows how memorable those 2 games were.

Hilarious. I did that shit with Megaman Battle Network 2 way back when.

I do like the combat better in Dark Souls, can't wait to check out Dragon's Dogma though. Might be exactly what I want.
i see that sign on your head lol. nice change(although your last picture with that upside down cross would be better).
fair enough.i enjoyed w1 for that risen like jankiness tho. the 2nd one is amazing tho. my only regret with it is the silly alchemy system. rest of the game is flaw free and actually fun to replay
Don't get me wrong, when I saw the jankiness from trailers, I was like damn this game must be good lmao. It just never connect with me at all.

IrishNinja

This is why I'm glad I get another year with another Yakuza game while you get another year with no info about another Shenmue.

you know damn well im frontline for yakuza-GAF, tguys...dont be half-steppin

When you insult Shenmue fans, you insult me as well.

i aint seen you at the meetings, des
but you know we hold you down

dark souls and demons souls are nice but what do y'all know about that Witcher series? so good

i gotta admit, i was kinda digging 1 but got bogged down with fetch-quests and tokus warned me about an upcoming swamp that would make shit worse, then stressed i could skip that shit and go right into 2. i finally downloaded all the DLC/updates so its high in queue, looking forward to it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I stopped playing Dark Souls because I killed a boss, got a gang of souls and my fucking pyromancer trainer dude just disappeared from home base.

Now I'm walking around afraid to touch skeletons in fear of losing that shit, while tryna figure out how I can get dude to reappear.

IrishNinja

assuming you didnt attack him enzo..how far are you specifically? if you've been talking to him, he kinda warns you that he's got a quest of his own to get done; advance too far and he's out.

there's another/better one down in the bowels of blight town, not far from queen spiderbitch. careful you dont accidentally attack her though, she's got some good shit for sale like iron flesh...wait, check that, that shit was good pre-patch, haha

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
assuming you didnt attack him enzo..how far are you specifically? if you've been talking to him, he kinda warns you that he's got a quest of his own to get done; advance too far and he's out.

there's another/better one down in the bowels of blight town, not far from queen spiderbitch. careful you dont accidentally attack her though, she's got some good shit for sale like iron flesh...wait, check that, that shit was good pre-patch, haha
I think he mentioned that, and I think I found
Quelaa or w/e and she's down in Blighttown, but I'm afraid to go back there in case she's disappeared too. She doesn't leave does she?

IrishNinja

if i recall (it's been a minute) i wanna say both have some point or another where they do their own thing or corrupt or something, though i wanna say hers is later? if you dont fuck her up, i think she's there most of the game.

bought it on PS3 and steam both, son! #NagoshiNation

Oh Irish you never let me down. It's a beautiful thing.
One day we need to assemble GOAT-GAF aka Shenmue-GAF and write Shenmue 3 ourselves.
I already got the scene set for when Ryo whups Lan Di's bitch ass!

Oh I held off on Dead Souls. When Yakuza 5 was announced I lost all interest. Is it worth it?

IrishNinja

Oh I held off on Dead Souls. When Yakuza 5 was announced I lost all interest. Is it worth it?

my man jo, first dude to ask me "so how many streetpasses you get" when i came back from traveling overseas, haha

eh...its like, if you wanna play more yakuza 4 (which i did), like it's an expansion pack to that. i hyped it cause i love playing as majima (goda was fun too) but controls arent great, and the story - jokey sidequests aside - its not a full game, its like a campaign. i cant imagine itll be hard to find for < $20 in the not too distant future, id recommend it somewhere around that point, if im being honest.

while we wait on 5, i cant recommend Kenzan! and a guide enough..fuck i gotta get back on that thread

Well it sounds... exactly like I expected it to actually.
Just checked and I can pick it up for a shade under £10 so I'm on that.
When it comes I'll add it to my backlog and finally play it on my PS4 in 2015.
Thanks..... and don't mention Kenzan!

Esch

Banned
i gotta admit, i was kinda digging 1 but got bogged down with fetch-quests and tokus warned me about an upcoming swamp that would make shit worse, then stressed i could skip that shit and go right into 2. i finally downloaded all the DLC/updates so its high in queue, looking forward to it.

W1 definitely has a lot of genre tropes that can make it a little boring, the fetches are a great example. I do think the game is something to play if you dont have a lot of material on your plate game wise. The enhanced edition is great.

I started with Witcher 2 as well, and went back to play W1, so that has a lot to do with why im able to forgive a lot of its generic janktasticness, tbh

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Mannie Fresh talks stagnation in southern music, who he thinks are the next generation of producers, Cruel Summer and it's unique recording process, says he likes DJing more than producing, never wants to be signed again, the growth of Weezy and what made him successful.

Shyne - Your Welcome (Diddy diss) + interview + context behind the diss.

if i recall (it's been a minute) i wanna say both have some point or another where they do their own thing or corrupt or something, though i wanna say hers is later? if you dont fuck her up, i think she's there most of the game.

Oh dear, now I have to go back into the perpetual gauntlet D:

Esch

Banned
cover.jpg

http://club.livemixtapes.com/mixtapes/18138/tnght.html

download it, this shit is fucking amazing

Blackace would wile out at these remixes

best throw some d's remix ever

overcast

The World Ends With You was seriously amazing, despite its overwhelming weeaboo-ness. As far as this year, Dishonored looks terrific.

Grzi

I stopped playing Dark Souls because I killed a boss, got a gang of souls and my fucking pyromancer trainer dude just disappeared from home base.

Now I'm walking around afraid to touch skeletons in fear of losing that shit, while tryna figure out how I can get dude to reappear.

If you're talking about your Fire Keeper, you'll get to bring her back and get a nice ring while doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom