• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecurbj

media
Jessica Alba? If so god damn it Nas. You are awesome!

overcast

But you have a Kendrick avatar....
Has to be a joke? Kendrick has song writing capability and can put together a strong album. He has proven more and he still has to release his official debut (I'm optimistic it'll be great).

Slaughterhouse is the epitome of a meh "super group".

Detox

“This is a unique street album combination like carnation milk with oatmeal and a dash of cinnamon. We got killing on lock. It’s like assisination day – nothing but darts being thrown. It’s like Batman and Robin shit. It’s real street s**t for the fans. They’ve been thirstin’ for this."

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
“This is a unique street album combination like carnation milk with oatmeal and a dash of cinnamon. We got killing on lock. It’s like assisination day – nothing but darts being thrown. It’s like Batman and Robin shit. It’s real street s**t for the fans. They’ve been thirstin’ for this."

now i got to go and try that out....

My biggest issue with the Slaughterhouse album 16 tracks in is the production. Most of it is just typical major release loud, hollow, celebratory, "easy" beats that will sound dated in like 2 years. Very little grime.

Die and Our Way, though. I'm not mad at those either.

PBY

Banned
My biggest issue with the Slaughterhouse album 16 tracks in is the production. Most of it is just typical major release loud, hollow, celebratory, "easy" beats that will sound dated in like 2 years. Very little grime.

Die and Our Way, though. I'm not mad at those either.

Way too loud. Exhibit A is Coffin. That beat gave me a headache. Busta screaming random nonsense doesn't help either I guess.

Way too loud. Exhibit A is Coffin. That beat gave me a headache. Busta screaming random nonsense doesn't help either I guess.

I think it gets better and more varied towards the end, both the production and their delivery.

On first listen it's "ehh." Unremarkable, not boring like the mixtape, not as raw as the debut. A few songs I really liked, a few that I might've liked if not for the hooks, and few that are way too blatantly Interscope/Shady.

PBY

Banned
I think it gets better and more varied towards the end, both the production and their delivery.

On first listen it's "ehh." Unremarkable, not boring like the mixtape, not as raw as the debut. A few songs I really liked, a few that I might've liked if not for the hooks, and few that are way too blatantly Interscope/Shady.

Kinda agree. Theres is some interesting stuff. Like the sample on flip a bird, like the songs you mentioned. Decent highs, low lows.

CRS

The video definitely made me like the track more. And him not having those glasses makes him much more tolerable. I ain't mad at the hair no more.

Lupe hype train, all aboard.

The singing at the end needed Matthew Santos though.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
You know... Its preachy, but Lupe's always kinda been preachy, see Dumb it Down. I actually like it. And the I'm into the video.

I'm on the Lupe hype train hard. Might have to skip all music blogs on 9/11 tho.

I for one am shocked

PBY

Banned
The video definitely made me like the track more. And him not having those glasses makes him much more tolerable. I ain't mad at the hair no more.

Lupe hype train, all aboard.

The singing at the end needed Matthew Santos though.

Right? Totally agree.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Has Cam ever freestyle over the MvC3 instrumental. For some reason I figured he did.

There really is a song with Skylar Gray produced by AlexDaKidd on Slaughterhouse's album?

dead.

edit: also Em needs to get off of his doubletime flow bullshit where is occasionally yells a word or two with beat pauses shit.

i just....I can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom