• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Em's the worst part, but slaughterhouse kills it, feels like it's been a journey when I listen to their lyrics. By the end of the song, it had me thinking damn, they've really came a long way and Skylar was pushing her vocals.

nl david

Neo Member
Going to krit this friday, is there someone here who has been to one of his shows recently? Havent been keeping up and im wondering what songs he'll perform

That Aesop Rock video I posted was pretty great too. Also, Killer Mike's "Big Beast" is fucking amazing.

Lupe video is worthy of multiple viewings as well.

slaughterhouse album is incredible

I feel like you are trolling.

But opinions I guess.

I think I might just be over the group at this point. Burned out after crazy listens to their first one..

edit: I don't know it's not the worst thign ever but it feels generic as fuck. It's too safe.

Could just be me tho.

Lupe has a great track record on his recent singles. His flow sounds so improved from any other albums he has done. Not once do I feel like he is sacrificing the musical aspects in order to preach and bore me like his previous albums. Lupe might have AOTY on lock.

Tokubetsu

Lupe has a great track record on his recent singles. His flow sounds so improved from any other albums he has done. Not once do I feel like he is sacrificing the musical aspects in order to preach and bore me like his previous albums. Lupe might have AOTY on lock.

You've gone too far breh.

HiResDes

That's the silliest thing I've ever heard considering there are a few albums out already that are better than his best
Also Kendricks will be better

...okay.

I'm on to you son.

That's the silliest thing I've ever heard considering there are a few albums out already that are better than his best
Also Kendricks will be better

On the real, Kendrick's album will be good for sure, but that shit will age bad within 7 months just like Section 80 did. Yes, there are albums better than his best, but I don't consider his best to be all that great. I don't like none of his albums that much.

CRS

slaughterhouse album is incredible

image.php

hubes

On the real, Kendrick's album will be good for sure, but that shit will age bad within 7 months just like Section 80 did. Yes, there are albums better than his best, but I don't consider his best to be all that great. I don't like none of his albums that much.

section.80 did not age badly. still just as good as day 1.

Bishman

Video was pretty good.

I still don't like the song tho.

Edit:

when is a good rapper gonna get on the Yuck! beat.

2chainz kinda sucks lol.

What is wrong with the song? If someone were to ask me about the paradox of "Bad Bitch", this would be the perfect video to explain it.

PBY

Banned
What is wrong with the song? If someone were to ask me about the paradox of "Bad Bitch", this would be the perfect video to explain it.

I agree. This is pretty much Dumb it Down part 2 to me, with a different subject. He straddles the line between preachy and clever really well.

Really though to me, this has to be the best year for rap videos since who the hell knows when. That's just me though, but I think there has been a lot of quality rap videos this year.

CRS

As the only Bone Thugs fan here, I'm kinda excited for Art of War III. Calling it that, I have really high expectations (since I'm also the only one that liked the first two.)

I never listened to Uni-5 so I don't know how Bone working with U-Neek sounds today. We'll see.

kamspy

welp, after the Schoolboy Party track dropped and got shit on here, now this. wtf T-Gizzy? You use to have decent ears...

CRS

Bullshit mane. Just went and saw Krayzie his hometown for a killer fucking show a couple weeks ago. Shit was john blaze.
Haha, I know I'm not. Toku is a Bone fan too. His heart is in the right place but poor choices on best songs, quality of Art of War, etc.

welp, after the Schoolboy Party track dropped and got shit on here, now this. wtf T-Gizzy? You use to have decent ears...

In my defense, I thought Party was by far the best TDE song released that week. Section 80 just hasn't aged well at all for me. Some beats I think sound kind of bad. I still bump Blow My High and The Spiteful Chant.

mooooose

Kendrick is weird. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Even when it works, it's still kinda weird and not all that accessible. I like Kendrick but not a ton, even though I would like to.

Also, I'm really surprised Goldie only has 5m views on youtube. Why is ASAP not blowing up? He has the swag of Dipset in 2003, amazing flow, a distinctive voice, one of the best ears in the game for beats, great look, cosigns from Drake (but not anyone else, really...) and he's signed to a major.

But he can't seem to get out his niche. It's weird.

Kendrick is weird. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Even when it works, it's still kinda weird and not all that accessible. I like Kendrick but not a ton, even though I would like to.
I feel the same way. I have a lot of respect for Kendrick, no doubt. I guess his voice turns me off from his music most of the time. Talib Kweli syndrome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom