• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Also "Got My Hood Turnt" by Ya Boy and Nipsey sounds like it has a Mario sound effect sample in it..

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Not sure if I'm missing a joke, but I've never said this or least I have no memories of saying this.

We all heard you dude, don't even try to deny it.

Southernplayalistic = Atliens >>> Stankonia >>>>>Aquemini >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>speakerboxx/love below

Oh and Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty is better than both stankonia and aquemini by a country dick.

Blackace

Southernplayalistic = Atliens >>> Stankonia >>>>>Aquemini >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Oh and Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty is better than both stankonia and aquemini by a country dick.

get out of my head Charles!

CRS

I hope you're not a math teacher, siddx.

you suck at math

siddx

I hope you're not a math teacher, siddx.

Fuck math, I teach jwag (thats jew swag for you sucka ass normal swag having mothafuckas)
Life is my subject, winning is my curriculum.

I gotta admit southerplayalisticadillacmuzik was on repeat back in the days. Ruined my walkman rewind it over and over..lol...Still one of my favorite songs

Plenty of artist record a lot of songs then pick and choose which go on the album then self the rest, but if this album really is 31 songs, I'd like to think Danny brown is smart enough to not have all 31 songs be 4 mins long. I'm going to assume a lot of the songs are 2-3 mins, which wouldn't be that bad considering most rap albums touch a hour.

Edit: Well not most rap albums.

siddx

I'm laughing my ass off at these "nicknames" Wiki has for Big Boi.
Hot Tub Tony, Francis the Savannah, Chitlin' Pimp.

Fucking Chitlin Pimp is killing me.

Doesn't big boi have a nickname to go along with his new album?

I love all the Outkast albums and have a tough time ranking them, although ATLiens is at the tippy top. Except for Idlewild...FUCK that album.

And 31 tracks is way too much, I'm kind of concerned now :T

siddx

22 tracks was 7 or 8 too long on XXX (gaf fucking overhyping the shit out of something yet again but whatever, I know I'm on the losing end of that argument just like the currensy nonsense). 31 would be completely fucking idiotic. I can take Danny rapping about smoking crack and eating beans and rice out of a homeless man's asshole for about 8 songs, and then his voice hits my breaking point and it's time to take a long break from him.

overcast

22 songs was perfect imo. It helps that some of the tracks were brief. I normally don't like overlong albums, but Danny keeps it fresh and interesting throughout.

Plus most of the second half of XXX sounds rather different from the first. The album starts out crazy, then gets slowly more introspective/slow until the last song where he goes insane. Love that shit

Haven't read that but I saw a pic of Lupe Fiasco so I'd imagine the writer doesn't realize there are plenty of rappers with fringe views who don't like Obama - but most rappers do like him.

Meh. The ninja has made me upset multiple times over the last four years, but I'm still gonna vote for him.

siddx

I tried to listen to destiny.altered again, still dont see whats so great. Dude is boring, production is a mess.
Threw on the chronic remastered instead. Think some Dru Down is up next.

Blackace

I tried to listen to destiny.altered again, still dont see whats so great. Dude is boring, production is a mess.
Threw on the chronic remastered instead. Think some Dru Down is up next.

His second album is boss

OG Kush

The new Lupe video is good, and the song has a good message. But why the fuck would I ever listen to it again? Musically it ain't that good.

Blackace

explicit game or can u feel me? Cause I've got can u feel me on deck next. One of my favorite albums from that era.
Think explicit game is his first album can u feel me is the Shit

siddx

Turned out ok didn't it
Listening to it now

You know a producer knows how to make a club banger when you can play an entire set of his music and have it bang all the way through.

Swizz > Kanye

Blackace

You know a producer knows how to make a club banger when you can play an entire set of his music and have it bang all the way through.

Swizz > Kanye
Swizz is close to the ultimate club producer

His entire catalogue is at 90 to 100 BPM which was the old poppy speed before florida and pit bull did what they did

siddx

Swizz is close to the ultimate club producer

His entire catalogue is at 90 to 100 BPM which was the old poppy speed before florida and pit bull did what they did

I'm still a 90bpm dude. 95% of my instrumentals are 90bpm. It's just the perfect speed.

IrishNinja

swizz is aight sometimes, boring as fuck others. speakerboxx deserves fewer >>>>>>>> than yall are giving it though, some choice tracks abound. you save all those alligators for idlewild or whatever 3 stacks is collaboing on these days

I agree! The new Nas album is suck.

who is you?! this opinion needs to do some situps

...fuck it I'm in.

When the MCs came..

there we go. my man's feeling it now, the truth can set every man free! our fantastic four will grow to a fab 5 soon, i can feel it

I can't believe people are hating on Royce now, the rapper with one of the sickest flows of all time.

man ya'll are just creeping in with these opinions, i need to see those OP questions answered first so i can check your references

Blackace

swizz is aight sometimes, boring as fuck others. speakerboxx deserves fewer >>>>>>>> than yall are giving it though, some choice tracks abound. you save all those alligators for idlewild or whatever 3 stacks is collaboing on these days
If you never think Swizz is hot your soul is dead or in ohio

siddx

I'm one of two slaughterhouse fans on here, listening to the album now. Our House was fucking awful, but Coffin goes. Get up is pretty good too. Flip a bird is alright. Throw it away is hype. Fuck rescue me. Frat house and goodbye are kinda eh. Like the beat on goodbye a lot of but it's not what I want from slaughterhouse. Park it sideways is alright. Die is weird, not what I expected from the intro to the song. Our way is great. Love the beat on Asylum. Walk of shame is good. The other side is boring. Place to be is great.
Album will definitely grow on me.

I like royce, he cracks me up. Been a joell fan since long before slaughterhouse. Same for crooked. Only dude I don't feel at all is emo budden.

Was thinking today, as much as Dre pisses me off these days, all I have to do is listen to Chronic and Chronic 2001 and I'm hyped for even the slimmest chance of detox coming out. I don't know if he has it in him still, but I want another album of that same caliber. I still remember hearing Still Dre for the first time after all those years of waiting and just feeling like I walked in on 8 nymphos with free cocaine and vodka.

IrishNinja

If you never think Swizz is hot your soul is dead or in ohio

i cant front, he had some hot beats in the day. everyone in this thread danced up on some chick/got some cause of shit he had in heavy club rotation at some point...i just dont put him in my top 10 cause of shelf life, mostly. plus - and i know we discuss this on a lotta producers - but i think his shit sounds samey over time.

siddx - i got a buddy at work that's a huge joel ortiz stan, he's salty "dude hasn't brought it" in a minute though

siddx

i cant front, he had some hot beats in the day. everyone in this thread danced up on some chick/got some cause of shit he had in heavy club rotation at some point...i just dont put him in my top 10 cause of shelf life, mostly. plus - and i know we discuss this on a lotta producers - but i think his shit sounds samey over time.

siddx - i got a buddy at work that's a huge joel ortiz stan, he's salty "dude hasn't brought it" in a minute though

Ortiz was supposed to be the next Big Pun. He got signed to aftermath, had some hype, was putting out some damn impressive verses...and then just vanished for a minute till he jumped on slaughterhouse. He needs someone who is invested in him as a solo artist and will push and promote him the way fat joe did for pun. But I think those days are sadly dead. Artists are so desperate to hold on to their own dwindling sales and hype, they have no room for bringing up a protege properly. Instead we get shit like tyga.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
This shit is finally out! Been waiting for a minute.

good-talk-vol-10-500x500.jpeg

1. intro – Kenny Powers
2. Freestyle – Smoke DZA
3. My Type of shit – Fat Trel (Produced by Dahi)
4. King pt.2 – Big K.R.I.T.
5. 5 on it – Cashius Green feat Smoke DZA, Big Sant & Big K.R.I.T. (produced by Big K.R.I.T.)
6. Catharsis – Joey Bada$$
7. La La pt.2 – Cornerboy P feat Smoke DZA, Fiend & Killa Kyleon
8. Im on Fire – Ludacris feat Big K.R.I.T. (produced by Mike Will)
9. Roland – wiz Khalifa feat Smoke DZA (produced by Big
10. 5 on the kush – B.O.B. feat Big K.R.I.T. & Bun B
11. Angelina’s Beamer – Pheo feat Cashius Green (produced by Chemist)
12. We Buy Gold – 8ball & MJG feat Big K.R.I.T. (Produced by Big K.R.I.T.)
13. Rollin – Rich hil feat Fat Trel
14. KNock you out – Juicy J feat Big K.R.I.T. (Produced by Big K.R.I.T)
15. Russian Roulette – Fat Trel feat Chief Keef (Produced by Lex Luger)
16. Loaded – Smoke DZA feat Domo Geneses & SchoolBoy Q (produced by Lex Luger)
17. UH-Oh – Fat Trel (Produced by 183rd)
18. 2 Much – Big sant (Produced by Big K.R.I.T.)
19. Slutty Boy – Fat Trel
20. The Motto – Cashius Green feat Pheo
21. Me & my Old school – Big K.R.I.T. feat Lil keke & Slim Thug (Produced By Big K.R.I.T.)
22. When the LIghts come on – Cashius Green feat Paypa
23. All In my mind – Jae millz feat Smoke DZA & Gudda Gudda (Prod. By Cash Hits & Jae Millz)
24. Outro – Kenny Powers

http://www.livemixtapes.com/mixtapes/16639/good_talk_volume_10.html

Esch

Banned
22 tracks was 7 or 8 too long on XXX (gaf fucking overhyping the shit out of something yet again but whatever, I know I'm on the losing end of that argument just like the currensy nonsense). 31 would be completely fucking idiotic. I can take Danny rapping about smoking crack and eating beans and rice out of a homeless man's asshole for about 8 songs, and then his voice hits my breaking point and it's time to take a long break from him.
might as well not get excited about anything if you're just gonna be like that
I agree he's best in short spurts

Blackace

Ortiz was supposed to be the next Big Pun. He got signed to aftermath, had some hype, was putting out some damn impressive verses...and then just vanished for a minute till he jumped on slaughterhouse. He needs someone who is invested in him as a solo artist and will push and promote him the way fat joe did for pun. But I think those days are sadly dead. Artists are so desperate to hold on to their own dwindling sales and hype, they have no room for bringing up a protege properly. Instead we get shit like tyga.

My business partners brother used to rap Budden and dude is a toolbox

Lhexh

Swizz > Kanye

Easily Timbaland > Swizz

And I am not spending my time listening to that shit unless it is the timbo magoo album and I am 13 again. A good club banger has nothing on ye no matter how much it makes. /rantoff

Blackace

Easily Timbaland > Swizz

And I am not spending my time listening to that shit unless it is the timbo magoo album and I am 13 again. A good club banger has nothing on ye no matter how much it makes. /rantoff

Back to the trolling boats

Esch

Banned
Cant get on that Timbaland shit. His shit is way too clean and poppy sounding for me. I'll take the best of Swizzy, excited to listen to that tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom