• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lhexh

You know a producer knows how to make a club banger when you can play an entire set of his music and have it bang all the way through.

Swizz > Kanye

Look at what he said... An entire set of his music and have it bang all the way through... I'm sorry but, you are going to skip a few songs, It's me snitches? that song with eve I forget the name of and summer on smash gtfo. Blackace as a Dj cmon bro this shit would not fly. Maybe some old rough ryders shit but nowadays no.

Entire set of his music doesn't mean every song he has produced ever. Just putting that out there. It's more like fitting his bangers into 40 mins or so.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
set=a dj set aka 1-2 hours of music. As in what Ace already made earlier that showed you can make a swizzy dj set that bangs for an hour at least.
I shouldn't have to explain this.

Esch

Banned
He doesnt do full albums, but I did like most of his shit on We Are the Streets and Flesh of My Flesh, Blood of My Blood.

I'm not saying he's a patch on Kanye honestly either. The main reason i cant fuck with swizzy as a GOAT level producer is cause he doesnt have versatility really. But he made some legendary bangers, which is precisely WHY Blackace fucks with him as a DJ.

Lhexh

set=a dj set aka 1-2 hours of music. As in what Ace already made earlier that showed you can make a swizzy dj set that bangs for an hour at least.
I shouldn't have to explain this.

You could do the same if not more with ye and he has been in the game less time then swizz. If someone played swizz for 1-2 hours it would feel like the same song at points.

Acid08

Banned
22 tracks was 7 or 8 too long on XXX (gaf fucking overhyping the shit out of something yet again but whatever, I know I'm on the losing end of that argument just like the currensy nonsense). 31 would be completely fucking idiotic. I can take Danny rapping about smoking crack and eating beans and rice out of a homeless man's asshole for about 8 songs, and then his voice hits my breaking point and it's time to take a long break from him.

Upgrade your taste bruh, your tech tree ain't complete yet.

siddx

You could do the same if not more with ye and he has been in the game less time then swizz.

No. You couldn't make an hour long set of kanye shit that made you want to dance. He's got enough music for one set, but as ace showed with his kanye mix, it's not going to be "clubbable". I dont know what the fuck you arguing for. Say what you want about his capability for variety, but arguing that swizz beats isn't a master at making club music is fucking idiotic.

Lhexh

No. You couldn't make an hour long set of kanye shit that made you want to dance. He's got enough music for one set, but as ace showed with his kanye mix, it's not going to be "clubbable". I dont know what the fuck you arguing for. Say what you want about his capability for variety, but arguing that swizz beats isn't a master at making club music is fucking idiotic.

Then say that bro don't just post Swizz > Kanye. Blackace probably only likes him because it makes his job easier. Im joking. At the end of the day it's apples and oranges.

siddx

Then say that bro don't just post Swizz > Kanye. Blackace probably only likes him because it makes his job easier. Im joking. lmao

I posted that because Swizz is a better producer than kanye. So I'll post it again
Swizz > Kanye.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Cant get on that Timbaland shit. His shit is way too clean and poppy sounding for me. I'll take the best of Swizzy, excited to listen to that tonight
Oddly enough Timbo sounds great on R&B tracks to me

Lhexh

At the end of the day it is personal preference and I respect that but, Personally I don't know a single person checking for that new swizz beatz song or production. He is Alicia's weed carrier and a shoe salesman now.

siddx

At the end of the day it is personal preference and I respect that but, Personally I don't know a single person checking for that new swizz beatz song or production. He is Alicia's weed carrier and a shoe salesman now.
And thats any worse than kanye's status as Kim Karadasian's weed carrier and a clothing designer?
At least Swizz's girl has talent and isn't a blight on humanity.

Swizzs ouput and selling power is nowhere near what it once was, but Kanye isn't that far behind. His output is already turned to shit, now he just needs to fade away and be known as Kim's ex.

PBY

Banned
DMilano_College_Life-front-large.jpg

http://www.datpiff.com/DMilano-College-Life-mixtape.387686.html
This is dope af; not really party or ignorant music, but kinda chillish, while still getting that party vibe.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
. Blackace as a Dj cmon bro this shit would not fly. Maybe some old rough ryders shit but nowadays no.
WTF you talking about? Don't like to talk but have toured multiple countries as a DJ

Don't hate

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Lol 31 track Danny Brown album.

SMH, artists on the come up need to learn what quality control is and maybe they'll put out better releases. Less average length songs > a fuckton of short ass cocktease songs.

SMH, artists on the come up need to learn what quality control is and maybe they'll put out better releases. Less average length songs > a fuckton of short ass cocktease songs.
Can't blame the artists on the come up when rappers who have been in the game for awhile have been putting a lot songs on their album. Entire genre needs to learn tbh.

CRS

Danny has been in the game for a while now. I don't think he gives a fuck if the album does well or not. He's making his music at the end of the day.

Every artist cares about their album doing well no matter what they say, especially Danny Brown, dude has said in an interview that he would like to rap for years, well you can't really do that if your albums don't do well.

Danny Brown says he cares what most of the music critics say and I'm sure he has read a length complaint somewhere. I'm sure he is aware of it and only made that many tracks so he can pick and choose, but that's wishful thinking.

Ye is as deep as a puddle
This too. Odd choice for an example of music with substance.

kamspy

Booo. More songs for my money! Kill it!

Esch

Banned
Ye is like when you go to a fancy food 2.0 concept restaurant and buy some shit like salmon terrines with lobster foam for 40$. You can tell these places really love the way their shit smells, with minimalist fine printed menus and avant-garde sinks. it looks good and tastes pretty good, and might even be kinda interesting, but most of the time you walk away feeling like you could have gotten something more satisfying for like 10$ and that the waiters probably think theyre better than you

PBY

Banned
Ye is like when you go to a fancy food 2.0 concept restaurant and buy some shit like salmon terrines with lobster foam for 40$. You can tell these places really love the way their shit smells, with minimalist fine printed menus and avant-garde sinks. it looks good and tastes pretty good, and might even be kinda interesting, but most of the time you walk away feeling like you could have gotten something more satisfying for like 10$ and that the waiters probably think theyre better than you

I want that from Kanye, and I love that hes giving it to us. I want fucking castle music, and crazy ass album art that looks like Greek statutes. I want shit that sounds so overproduced I'm worried about playing it at high volume. I want that HIGH ART TRAP. He's killing it right now.

Esch

Banned
Nah, Kanye doesnt get it. His take is too clean, trying too hard to be smart. Trap isnt about that. It's dirty, simple, street music. This expensive seafood Rick Ross and Kanye trap shit just isn't fun. It takes itself too seriously to be get stupid party music, and it doesn't have enough real substance to be stimulating. So it's in this awkward space where I dont have much actual listening context to it. fuck i look like trying to play this while im studying or something. The whole product just ends up sounding really sterile, and like a huge jumble of ideas. Thats what his beats are right now- just a bunch of bullshit thrown at the wall and some of it sticks nicely once in a while.

Jay Rock on new Album, Touring with Kendrick and Ab Soul

my man got next

PBY

Banned
Nah, Kanye doesnt get it. His take is too clean, trying too hard to be smart. Trap isnt about that. It's dirty, simple, street music. This expensive seafood Rick Ross and Kanye trap shit just isn't fun. It takes itself too seriously to be get stupid party music, and it doesn't have enough real substance to be stimulating. So it's in this awkward space where I dont have much actual listening context to it. fuck i look like trying to play this while im studying or something. The whole product just ends up sounding really sterile, and like a huge jumble of ideas. Thats what his beats are right now- just a bunch of bullshit thrown at the wall and some of it sticks nicely once in a while.

Jay Rock on new Album, Touring with Kendrick and Ab Soul

my man got next
I love you breh, and I get your opinion on Ye- buuuut I like his current lane. GOOD>>>

Tokubetsu

No Idols and Live from The Underground are great. I love both parts of My Sub Pt. II. Such a great transition. Thats that smooth shit I'm trying to hear.

why shouldn't he eat off of big YM numbers?

Not that he shouldn't, but the way hes gonna get those numbers doesn't sit well with me. Making that Drake weezy type music. Its just not my thing.

Busta got classics hands down, dude has a great presence on the mic, hes been known to kill a track. Im a bis Busta fan.

But i can see the Young Money debut just not being classic busta. Dont feel he needs to be over there at this stage of his career.

Thats just my opinion on the whole thing.

Also, Fuck Swizz Beats. Anything after his early DMX/Ruff Rydaz stuff is straight Doo doo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom