• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

theyre really not though.

i could maybe give you F&L if im feeling really generous.
but The Cool is uneven as hell even though it does have what I consider to be his best song.

Recon

Banned
F&L/The Cool are about as close to be being classics without actually being classics. They fall just short. If Gold Watch/Hi Definition were both cut from The Cool, it would be a classic. F&L is close, but just is a little bit uneven in some spots. Both are fantastic, so not being a classic record isnt a big deal.

CRS

F&L/The Cool are about as close to be being classics without actually being classics. They fall just short. If Gold Watch/Hi Definition were both cut from The Cool, it would be a classic.

Nope. The Cool would be worse without one of its best tracks.

"Classic" is such a meaningless word these days anyway. Everyone has their own definition and their own choices. I don't even know what the last widely recognized classic was at this point. (I just started the Kanye cycle, didn't I?)

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
F&L/The Cool are about as close to be being classics without actually being classics. They fall just short. If Gold Watch/Hi Definition were both cut from The Cool, it would be a classic. F&L is close, but just is a little bit uneven in some spots. Both are fantastic, so not being a classic record isnt a big deal.
Classic are albums that a majority of people can agree on even if you personally don't bump like that you can't even hate
Chronic Doggystyle illmatic ready to die and so on have that kind of appeal

CRS

On a personal level, "classic" is another subjective description for an album. I can see it being used a little more objectively on a much larger scale.

T Dollarz

Classic are albums that a majority of people can agree on even if you personally don't bump like that you can't even hate
Chronic Doggystyle illmatic ready to die and so on have that kind of appeal

Well I put these two albums in that same category with those.

overcast

Yeah, classic shouldn't be thrown around lightly. Both are terrific, one is classic. Food and Liquor is classic for sure, I think The Cool is a classic. Revised opinion.

Last personal classic was Madvillainy. I liked lots of albums since its release but nothing reached classic status which is kinda depressing.

Edit: rofl Irish that was a joke. I like Tyler but Goblin was decent at best with some good songs thrown in. I liked his features on trouble on my mind and martians vs goblins more tbh.

Trey

I wouldn't call F&L or The Cool classics. I couldn't even honestly begin to construct an argument toward that end. And The Cool is one of my personal favorite album.

IrishNinja

i know it was a joke rebel, im just tryina ease kams back into the convo

someone needs to fuck around & call Em the GOAT i think

This ASAP shit......... :lol

Would much rather listen to this guy:

eli_porter.png

P On The Boards might be a serious producer though.
Danny, Gunplay and Flatbush Zombie features were pretty nice.

*delete*

mooooose

That ASAP tape is horrible. Amateur hour. It makes Rocky look horrible, because he is just barely strong enough to carry a tape himself (and I like him a lot) but when he is surrounded by these idiots... man. What a mistake putting this out. Should've just rushed out LongLive.

We did get 4 good songs out of 15 but none of them have anyone ASAP besides Rocky (Thuggin Noise, Purple Kisses, Bath Salts, Freeze). And Bath Salts would've been a 9/10 song if it didn't have fucking ASAP Ant on it.

Esch

Banned
I'M SIPPIN EARL GREY TEA
RIDIN ON MY MOTHAFUCKIN FAMILY
HIDIN IN THE SHOWER WATCHIN MY SISTER PEE
POP OUT THAT BITCH SCREAMING "WASSUP IT'S ME"

HAIL MARY PUT MY DICK ON FROZE
ESSENTIAL IS GOLD, N***A PLAY WITH MY BALLS TILL THEY BLOW
40 DICK BUKAKKE, CUMSHOTS HITTIN ME SLOW
BITCH IM LIKE BRIAN PUMPER, I JUST TAKE EM AND GO

Grzi

DL'ed the A$AP Mob tape for the beats and their annoying ass voices are mixed so god damn loud, what the fuck.
Any other versions available?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Battle Scars is going to be a ridiculous radio hit. I'm calling it.

I've been pretty happy with the lupe tracks that have dropped so far.

Kaizer

Banned
A$AP Mob tape has dope production, but still alot of these dudes just sound like cheap imitation chopped and screwed rap. Ferg is the worst offender of this.

Detox

ASAP and his crew got signed by a bunch of A&R's who heard peso and thought they could get in on the slow gloomy and swag music that was making waves in the underground. The album is going to bomb and that 3 million dollar contract is going to blow up in their face.

codhand

ASAP and his crew got signed by a bunch of A&R's who heard peso and thought they could get in on the slow gloomy and swag music that was making waves in the underground. The album is going to bomb and that 3 million dollar contract is going to blow up in their face.

brand-hop

codhand

3rd means, :heh: im deleting a lot of this bullshit

4th means, :cmon:, this shit is derivative as fuck

it does go pretty hard tho.

ya but more weed carrier raps, so its worse

Funny, I knew what every face meant =/

Been blasting Evidence's Cats & Dogs lately, def my 2012, 2011 album of the year.

Esch

Banned
theyre faces, they should be easy to interpret lol

agreed with Twelvyy being the least shitty ASAP mob carrier

these beats being wasted on these scrubs is a fucking tragedy, honestly

Lhexh

Anybody that don't agree with me is too stupid.

Ahem.. get the theraflu.

Ride around with that nina > anything recent swizz has done.

With that said Im cashin out!!!

PBY

Banned
I'd enjoy that ASAP Mob more if it was mixed right... it sounds pretty bad on my speakers.

Also- is Danny Brown official the king of HYPE ASS FEATURES? Because I'd say so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom