• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
GT7tdwg.png

Kool G Rapp is still better and dude is like 50 years old.

The point is that at the time, only a couple people were making better music than him. I love G Rap but he went through the 90s without benefiting from classic production outside of Live and Let Die; I think 4,5,6 is amazing but it's not fucking with The Infamous, Cuban Linx, or It Was Written.

Cuban Linx>The Infamous>It Was Written>4,5,6

imo IWW always felt like a shinier version of Cuban Linx and The Infamous, down to the similar "throw the gun away" skit.

Esch

Banned
4 5 6 is the clear sonic blueprint for 90s ny gangsta rap of all flavors. That's just real.

Edit: im sorry, thats just blatant hyperbole on my part. It is super dope tho.

Cuban Linx came out a month earlier, crushed the building, and arguably still hasn't been eclipsed on the "mafioso" tip IMO. RZA on another echelon (as Styles P would say), Ghostface at his 90s best, and Rae with quotable for days.

4,5,6 is like the blueprint for the best flow style of all time; same applies to It Was Written. Queens.

btw the beat and hook on Fast Life are so bad lol, but G Rap and Nas lace it perfect

My god, the orchestrated version of One Love sounds godly.

But I will say this: If Nas had done this before Jay did the orchestrated version of Reasonable Double a few years ago, Nas fans would be calling it dickriding. Let's be fair and balanced yall.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
THIS IS AMAZING

One of the best videos I've seen in a while. It's like something Red & Mef would've made 14 years ago.
You know what I thought watching that video?

It's a simple video with a well executed concept, but 99% of artists today don't have close to the budget that video has for their videos. It's sad, really. I would love to see what Travi$ Scott, Bronson, Kendrick, Curren$y or others could do with those 90s Missy Elliot video budgets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom