• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Dead

LEAD.jpg

Cudder

Going through Tinder is addictive lmao.

Bang with Friends is a 24+ year old app for sure.

My impressions.

the advantage BWF has over tinder is that it's strictly for people you know/are friends with already, so when you get a match on there it's like
lV2kE.png

I've had it on repeat. Real old school flavour mobb but the production bangs and sounds clean.

Havocs rapping has leveled up over the years it's insane. Prodigy is actually rapping too which is nice.

Overall hugely surprised, the mobb still got it.

That second disc of unreleased versions of songs from the infamous days is awesome for fans of old mobb albums too.

This year has blessed us so far

Also that bun b juicy J track isn't too bad but god damn it feels out of place on there

Esch said the Mobb Deep album wasn't good...but thabiz and 36 Chambers rock with it...I'll check it out. Usually I wait for HRD but I'm genuinely curious about this album. While I like Prodigy's recent projects there's no question he sounds a lot slower and less...rhymey than he used to be.

Esch

Banned
Esch said the Mobb Deep album wasn't good...but thabiz and 36 Chambers rock with it...I'll check it out. Usually I wait for HRD but I'm genuinely curious about this album. While I like Prodigy's recent projects there's no question he sounds a lot slower and less...rhymey than he used to be.
No I didn't. Did I? I think I said on the bore I expect it to be wack, because thats how self titled albums late in musical careers usually are.

And yea people give Prodigy a major pass on the mic as far as falling off goes.

IrishNinja

Young Thug is just fun to listen to, that's all it is bruhs

kinda find dude boring but ya'll got a lot to say bout him

this, for quite a while now too
never figured out if that was cause of the infamous or because pretty much no one else i can recall shot back at Pac when he was wylin out

Esch

Banned
this, for quite a while now too
never figured out if that was cause of the infamous or because pretty much no one else i can recall shot back at Pac when he was wylin out

Meh, the last thing he was in truly top form on was HNIC 1. I think he can still make good music off the strength of his accent/voice and swag but yeah. Plus Prodigy never really changed up his style ever. If rappers were video game series Prodigy would be Pokemon, because he releases the same shit in different colors over and over again. That doesn't mean he's bad or the music is bad, just that the fanbase will rarely be up in arms against him because he takes no risks. At the same it also means you're going to decline or stagnate critically and you'll lose fans at a slow steady rate, because a lot of people lose patience with hearing the same shit over and over.

No I didn't. Did I? I think I said on the bore I expect it to be wack, because thats how self titled albums late in musical careers usually are.

ah thought you said you had listened to it.

brehs, follow Lil B on twitter. #girltime always guarantees some fine ass chicks posting pics. Damn his DM box must be insane.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
XV - Elight Eight EP a.k.a. March Madness Vol.3. Can someone tell XV this isn't 2006 and he shouldn't be pumping vapid music out at this rate?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4l2e80vR0w

The song peter has been asking you to listen to for like the last 5 pages. It just sounds like to me you are confusing INFLUENCE with COPY CAT
This seems more the exception than what you see from all his popular stuff. I guess I'll have to listen to the full tape, but it still seems it's more copy cat than it is influence on the biter continuum.

So Benzino was shot as his mom's funeral.
Is it wrong that I am not able to muster up any sympathy for this dude even through these circumstances?

Never listened to mobb deep? Good lord.
I don't think I've listened to a full project. Maybe ran through the Infamous once, but I don't really consider that listening to an album.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
iX8iuTLHMWUQR.gif

I feel like this helps explain how you guys are all kanye stans and shit
I was never big on NY hip-hop when I was young, almost exclusively listened to West Coast stuff. Was too busy with Pac on repeat to give a fuck about other artists period TBH. I had a strange entry into hip-hop, but it's not like I don't like Mobb Deep or haven't heard stuff just because I haven't gave their albums the rounds.

Only after College Dropout/Documentary did I begin caring to go back and listen to older stuff or "actively" start listening to albums. I could probably name 20 other classics I haven't listened to at all.

Esch

Banned
I was never big on NY hip-hop when I was young, almost exclusively listened to West Coast stuff. Was too busy with Pac on repeat to give a fuck about other artists period TBH. I had a strange entry into hip-hop, but it's not like I don't like Mobb Deep or haven't heard stuff just because I haven't gave their albums the rounds.

Only after College Dropout/Documentary did I begin caring to go back and listen to older stuff or "actively" start listening to albums. I could probably name 20 other classics I haven't listened to at all.
you need to get on that, playboy. fuck just classics too, if there's one thing ive learned over the past couple years its that a lot of artist best work are on 4 mic or less projects.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
breh's I feel like I could easily put together a top ten of my AOTYs right now and it's only march. Not just hip.hop but across the board. The new Liars record, I might be in love. deep love.

cdyhybrid

breh's I feel like I could easily put together a top ten of my AOTYs right now and it's only march. Not just hip.hop but across the board. The new Liars record, I might be in love. deep love.

Gonna be even better when King Kendrick blesses us with another classic later this year
WJuQbMO.png

thabiz

was digging the liars but it lost some appeal on repeated listens. now that vermont album on the other hand. whooooooo

Kwixotik

All my friends are flakes and/or busy tonight so I'm posted up with a bunch of Stone beers listening to The Infamous. It's cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom