• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

Anyone seen Young Fathers live? They're playing tonight but it's raining and I kinda don't want to fuck with a line if it isn't worth it. Seems like they'd have a great show though.
Go take some chances, why do people always ask if the should go, my answer is going to be go 90 percent of the time unless you're going to see Imagine Dragons. I mean what else are you going to do stay home and play video games. It's young fathers they are Pitchfork niche so probably going to be some cute light skinned girls at the show with patterned stockings and french hats.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Aka don't touch em. Manic pixie fairies all in that sort of manner. or at least wannabes.

PBY

Banned
actually I checked out the prices and yeah shit is a bit much for shitty seats... but come on man Iggy, action, 50, nas, Gambino, ....THE ROOTS. If those tickets were $100 I would do it

dude. you're in NY, there are waaaaay better ways to see the roots.

Iggy- naw
action- meh
nas- plz bruh
gambino- naw
50- ehhh?

As far as musical fests go thats wack as fuuuck

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
dude. you're in NY, there are waaaaay better ways to see the roots.

Iggy- naw
action- meh
nas- plz bruh
gambino- naw
50- ehhh?

As far as musical fests go thats wack as fuuuck

I got to disagree with you man. Each of those acts are like 30-50 dollar tickets in NY and i rather just hear their hits than be forced to listen to every wack ass semi hit after standing for 4 hours to here their weed carriers go through a bunch of wack verses as well......

Shit on top of that this years line up has more ny'esque type artist than any summer jam has had in like a decade.

overcast

Go take some chances, why do people always ask if the should go, my answer is going to be go 90 percent of the time unless you're going to see Imagine Dragons. I mean what else are you going to do stay home and play video games. It's young fathers they are Pitchfork niche so probably going to be some cute light skinned girls at the show with patterned stockings and french hats.
Yeah, this is the principal I typically try to apply. I would love to find a patterned stocking/french hat girl brehs. I got Q this weekend, and Danny next month (maybe Pains of Being Pure at Heart too).

Okay Jay, keep hopping on what's hot right now. So unoriginal.
QbadP.png

Ah, I don't disagree. But sometimes staying home and working/playing games can be the right call. The next week for me is FKA twigs, Odesza, Rhye, The Knife, Coachella...getting rained out on Low End this week isn't the worst thing that can happen.

FYI if anyone if So Cal missed out on FKA twigs tickets @ the Masonic Lodge, they're plummeting on Stubhub right now. Went from $90 a ticket to $45 overnight.

I got to disagree with you man. Each of those acts are like 30-50 dollar tickets in NY and i rather just hear their hits than be forced to listen to every wack ass semi hit after standing for 4 hours to here their weed carriers go through a bunch of wack verses as well......

Shit on top of that this years line up has more ny'esque type artist than any summer jam has had in like a decade.

Ticket price and hometown rep isn't everything man...it's a pretty rough looking lineup.

I never woulda listened to pinata if I hadn't asked in here so shoutout to Esch. Shit is fantastic.

50 cent is great live.

I hope nobody listens to gaf hop advice on concerts. If you follow the fuckery the only show you'll ever see is kanye west.

Esch

Banned
That guy who leaked the Jay snippets says this about Ye's new album:

"It's coming ASAP, that's all I know.
But I do know this: WTT2 isn't an album, it's an event. They aren't doing the same thing twice. This summer has a script."

on Jay's new:

"Jay E, Big Sean, and Rihanna are supposed to be on it. I haven't heard anywhere close to the finished product.
I don't know many producers, only Mike Will, Timbaland and DJ Premier.
I know Kanye isn't on it, but he's supposed to be dropping his Adidas song soon."

"1) Jay-Z 2) Kanye 3) Jay E, the summer's about to get murdered.

And last thing I'll say, is if you hear about a mystery summer BBQ in your city, you sure as hell better go."

I didn't even know that song had a music video.

Kevin Gates interview was surprisingly pretty good. Kevin Gates is that dude. Hasn't failed me yet
And last thing I'll say, is if you hear about a mystery summer BBQ in your city, you sure as hell better go."[/B]

BBQ Classic for Peter

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
That guy who leaked the Jay snippets says this about Ye's new album:

"It's coming ASAP, that's all I know.
But I do know this: WTT2 isn't an album, it's an event. They aren't doing the same thing twice. This summer has a script."

on Jay's new:

"Jay E, Big Sean, and Rihanna are supposed to be on it. I haven't heard anywhere close to the finished product.
I don't know many producers, only Mike Will, Timbaland and DJ Premier.
I know Kanye isn't on it, but he's supposed to be dropping his Adidas song soon."

"1) Jay-Z 2) Kanye 3) Jay E, the summer's about to get murdered.

And last thing I'll say, is if you hear about a mystery summer BBQ in your city, you sure as hell better go."
what the fuck is going on

Esch

Banned
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0tUBtrHZ7mn

Yo WTF apparently Jay is dissing TDE

"Yo, he just PM'd me again and said Everything is Blue contains disses to Kendrick, SchoolBoy and TDE D:"

You RuPaul ass niggas think yall are true boys?
Keep the OxyMoron, moron, that's too false
Young!

what the FUCK this has to be an elaborate troll

Esch

Banned
That snippet doesn't particularly sound like Jay though, and he hasn't called himself 'young' in years (lol)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Things don't leak from that camp since MBDTF. Definitely feel like this is an elaborate Aries Spears troll or something. Considering how developed those songs sound too, nah. Nah.

Things don't leak from that camp since MBDTF. Definitely feel like this is an elaborate Aries Spears troll or something. Considering how developed those songs sound too, nah. Nah.

Ha, I was just thinking this is probably Aries Spears or one of the numerous Jay Z impersonators trolling.

Or maybe it's not and the real Jay Z woke up from his slumber and decided to drop heat again.

lol just jk

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I got to say though, Jay's delivery on that Q/TDE diss sounds a LOT like 2013 album Jay. Maybe real, maybe coincidence, maybe very well thought out troll.

Esch

Banned
I got to say though, Jay's delivery on that Q/TDE diss sounds a LOT like 2013 album Jay. Maybe real, maybe coincidence, maybe very well thought out troll.

I thought the first snippet sounded like him a lot, but the second one, nah. It just makes no sense? Why would he go at TDE? There's no rationale for it. Plus if he was going to diss people, he wouldn't call them "RuPaul ass ni**as", he's too smart to get LGBT peoples mad at him in 2014.

It's a troll, the whole thing. There were various unbelievable parts to it, like DJ Premier being on a Jay album in 2014, but that last bit sealed it.

Esch

Banned
Why would you think that? It just sounded like Yeezy went way overboard and wanted to make a more minimalist album so had to cut material that may have been good, and just didn't suit the album's theme.
Probably because when you dont edit for Kanye you get meandering shit like MBTDF. Yeezus was dope because it was concise.

There is nothing minimalist about Yeezus.

Edit: the cover art was, I guess

Courage

Probably because when you dont edit for Kanye you get meandering shit like MBTDF. Yeezus was dope because it was concise.

There is nothing minimalist about Yeezus.

Not gonna sit and argue about whether the quality of the songs were minimalistic or not (On Sight would be a good example if I were to defend it) but he definitely strived to do that, whether he succeeded or not. You can even tell by the album art.

Esch

Banned
Not gonna sit and argue about whether the quality of the songs were minimalistic or not (On Sight would be a good example if I were to defend it) but he definitely strived to do that, whether he succeeded or not. You can even tell by the album art.
If he strived for that, he failed. His songs have tons of layers. On Sight too. DJ Premier makes more minimalist music than Ye.

Where is the minimalism? Its songs that are a pastiche of underground artists, all layered together often several times in one song.

I guess you, and/or Kanye dont know what minimalism is. Google it.

So Schoolboy Q retweeted me earlier and I'm now just scrolling through a good thousand mentions of mostly slander.

wurf

it's like I tweeted something then checked my phone 10 minutes later like

big-sean-thumb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom