• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet whatever songs Oxymoron is missing (Californication, EAT, Druggies with Hoes Part Trois) and the Fly Lo songs and whatever else Q has with Alchemist will be better than Oxymoron. This album is just a huge missed opportunity. This should've been much easier for Q than he made it for himself.

No one wanted to hear Q X Raekwon. No one wanted Q on a Tyler the Creator beat.

The album hasn't eeeeem leaked yet but based on the track list its already a missed opportunity.

Were getting Druggies wit hoes 3 he already said with a video.

Dopefiend Rental was already kind of meh so I don't know if their styles even mesh that well. Califonication is the one track that I do definitely want to hear because Rocky/Q are 3/3 with their collabs.

Tyler beat is struggle tho

Rozay already has two albums better than anything Schoolboy Q will ever release, nothing strange about him doing it again.

H&C is better than anything Ross has made in his career tho

Detox

Ross should drop a solid album, it can't come soon enough. Def Jam needs to start the machine for the Genius' next opus.

PBY

Banned
fuck... FUCK. Rozay channeled some other shit with this flow. And then French with dat emotional hook.

whew

PlayDat

cant we all just agree that any rapper with target exclusive tracks is a douche, or at least a willing pawn in garbage

Like Kendrick? Target edition of GKMC had the Swimming Pool remix and County Building Blues. Hard for me to hold that against an artist when they rarely have full control over that sort of stuff.

coldvein

Banned
Like Kendrick? Target edition of GKMC had the Swimming Pool remix and County Building Blues. Hard for me to hold that against an artist when they rarely have full control over that sort of stuff.

it hurts to say, but yes, like kendrick.

he put together an amazing piece of work. that shit is art. and he's gonna have to whore it out to make some more $ from TARGET CUSTOMERS. where's the self respect? what about just putting your shit out on its own merits and not bowing to the lowest common denominator of american retail consumers?

it hurts to say, but yes, like kendrick.

he put together an amazing piece of work. that shit is art. and he's gonna have to whore it out to make some more $ from TARGET CUSTOMERS. where's the self respect? what about just putting your shit out on its own merits and not bowing to the lowest common denominator of american retail consumers?

Pretty sure Kendrick had no say in any of that shit lol

In a world where Teflon Don and Deeper than Rap don't exist maybe.
Can't take you seriously with that avatar though, sorry.

Ross always been a super mediocre rapper and a total fraud.

Only project I've liked from Ross was rich forever tbh. All his other stuff was
shFHcL6.gif

coldvein

Banned
im not sure where yall are disconnecting from the logic...

at some point kendrick signed, of his own volition, a contract saying "i will let my overseers and owners sell my music in any avenue possible. i will give them the option of giving exclusive tracks to TARGET".

he signed that shit.

how can you say it wasn't his decision?

Grzi

Ross always been a super mediocre rapper and a total fraud.

Only project I've liked from Ross was rich forever tbh. All his other stuff was
shFHcL6.gif

LOL, mediocre rapper? Really? Nope, it's obvious you can't separate the art from the artist in this case, as do most people with Ross.
I can understand people not liking dude's music, sound, style, whatever, but Ross knows how to rap, ever since Deeper than Rap his mic game has been on point, you can tell he worked his ass off to become a better MC. Q wishes he could rhyme as good as Ross does, sorry.

GFID was a minor slip up (although it wasn't BAD), but it looks like we have another great album on our hands with Mastermind.

Ross is mediocre as all hell lol. I do respect him for making it past the 50 Cent beef and making it as an artist that isn't really all to marketable from my point of view at least.

But as a rapper.. Ross mad trash. He do got an ear for beats though, that's about it.

coldvein

Banned
i pose a serious question about a legitimately great artist and nobody responds, its all FAT BOY RICK ROSS GOT SOME GOOD SNIPPITSZ

Grzi

Ross is mediocre as all hell lol. I do respect him for making it past the 50 Cent beef and making it as an artist that isn't really all to marketable from my point of view at least.

But as a rapper.. Ross mad trash. He do got an ear for beats though, that's about it.

YAWK YAWK YAWK YAWK YAWK

Detox

i pose a serious question about a legitimately great artist and nobody responds, its all FAT BOY RICK ROSS GOT SOME GOOD SNIPPITSZ
That same contract is the reason why he made an amazing piece of art. If it came at the cost of a couple of retail exclusive tracks then so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom