• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Name a hip hop double album that is more consistent than Wu Tang Forever. I dare you.
Life After Death and All Eyez on Me are just as good

Nelly - Sweat/Suit
Streets Disciple

ienT9VfpnLe0o.gif

Stop posting.

Tokubetsu

Name a hip hop double album that is more consistent than Wu Tang Forever. I dare you.

Life after Death and All Eyez On Me are the only other double lps (rap or otherwise) that I like. "Playa Hater" probably the only song on LaD I can say I just don't really care for at all.

EDIT: Totally forgot about Pac, yea thats another really good one.

Esch

Banned
Diplomatic Immunity is a great album, but yeah there's some monotony and misses going on there between all the flashes of brilliance. I wouldnt put it in the same tier as the big 3. But it's better than the next tier.

Esch

Banned
yeah true tho even the retail isn't scust like some shit people prop up as a good ghost release, like apollo kids. the only good songs off that were like 5 years old and in the park with black thought

Damn you're right lol. People were bigging up Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang pretty heavy too and that was mostly garb as well. Honestly the best wu related thing i've heard in a while was that Psychic World of Walter Reed album, but on the low it's been trash since OB4CL2. I did enjoy that soundtrack RZA did for his shitty Kid With the Golden Arm ripoff movie tho. Had lots of guest features and shit to offset the bad parts.

I love AEOM and like LAD, but both feature a few meh ladies tracks. Wu Tang Forever, song for song, is better and only has to undeniably bad songs (that Dog Shit track and the shampoo one). And obviously it has superior production.

HiResDes

Diplomatic Immunity is a great album, but yeah there's some monotony and misses going on there between all the flashes of brilliance. I wouldnt put it in the same tier as the big 3. But it's better than the next tier.
I like almost every song on Diplomatic Immunity and also Purple Haze, which doesn't get even half the love it should get.

Esch

Banned
I like almost every song on Diplomatic Immunity and also Purple Haze, which doesn't get even half the love it should get.

Meh it just drags on me by disc 2 somewhat. Dipset are all really one-note writers and the production is cohesive but samey. Thats kinda why i think LAD is the best double album, because even though its commercial it has really diverse sounding beats, some of the most memorable songs ever made in the genre, and great features to round it all out.

mooooose

Meh it just drags on me by disc 2 somewhat. Dipset are all really one-note writers and the production is cohesive but samey. Thats kinda why i think LAD is the best double album, because even though its commercial it has really diverse sounding beats, some of the most memorable songs ever made in the genre, and great features to round it all out.
For any other Dipset project, I'd agree, but not on DI. Juelz alone covers more topics than he will ever again in a project. Cam too.

HiResDes

Fuck Yea I mean have you heard Ground Zero?
We Built This City? Yo I ain't even from NY, but that shit puts me on another level changing me from an agnostic Marxist into a bulletproof patriot.

Esch

Banned
damn nyou guys are stanning hard. I'll give it another run through later tonight in one of the plug rooms, the last time i listened to it i still kinda hated dipset.

Cheddahz

Banned
The first Dipset album is really good guys, but some of those songs on it are shitty and you can tell that they're are half-assed

HiResDes

I don't think Wu Tang Forever is all that, but I'm a Ghostface Stan rather than a real Wu stan quiet as kept. Also the highs are so much higher on DI that it outweighs the more consistent Wu album.

Esch

Banned
I haven't even listened to Dipset. Lol.

jsDh71EhuSGhB.png

Damn, the soulja girl curriculum is garbage. First its nobody heard Mobb Deep, now Dipset. I don't even like Dipset and I've given their shit a fair one at least once. Y'all clearly missing out on a bunch of classic albums and even sub-classic yet important albums from important artists.

Esch

Banned
Art of War is so garbage, brehs. Shit is like 5-7 good song Street's Disciple tier. Is there a more disappointing followup to a classic?

mooooose

I'm with Moose, Diplomatic Immunity over Wu Tang Forever. I don't get to say that often.

yo wait bruh chill i responded to a post under the assumption he meant as good... idk if its better....

wu forever is my favorite clan album

tho i also like the w a lot lol

Doggfather is the only acceptable answer to "most disappointing followup album." And I don't even fuck with Doggystyle heavy.

If you say It Was Written you're a hater plain and simple.

I'd bet money Nas hasn't even listened to Drake's new album, GKMC, Cole's last album, etc. I really don't get the impression he has any idea where music is right now.

He probably heard MCHG though, sadly.

Tokubetsu

I like Tical 2000 way more than I do Tical.

RIP the Tical we never got, you didn't derserve to drown in RZA's basment...probably.

Esch

Banned
I like Tical 2000 way more than I do Tical.

RIP the Tical we never got, you didn't derserve to drown in RZA's basment...probably.

I have heard this sentiment (tical 00>tical) a couple times before. I don't hate the former personally.

You know what's a really mediocre follow up to a classic? Let the Rhythm Hit 'Em. That shit is so boring compared to Follow the Leader and Paid in Full.

Tokubetsu

I have heard this sentiment (tical 00>tical) a couple times before. I don't hate the former personally.

You know what's a really mediocre follow up to a classic? Let the Rhythm Hit 'Em. That shit is so boring compared to Follow the Leader and Paid in Full.

I don't hate Tical OG either but I enjoy the highs of Tical 2000 way more. Yeah it might be a bit bloaty and skit heavy but I enjoy it way more.

OG Tical is a lot like 36 Chambers if 36 Chambers was ten times "rougher." I can see why that's appealing to some but not really for me. Much prefer the polish of 2000.

Like if they recorded 36 Chambers in RZA's basement, the must have recorded most of the Tical we got in RZA's mommas bathroom.

RZA's basement flood - alongside Lindsy Lohan destroying her body with drugs - is a personal 911 of mine. What a god damn tragedy that changed the future as we know it. Meth apparently celebrated completion of the album by getting high off angeldust, and RZA had to get him to redo all his verses. Also the flood killed Deck's career; he originally had a bunch of RZA beats for an album, which would no doubt have been a classic.

Tokubetsu

RZA's basement flood - alongside Lindsy Lohan destroying her body with drugs - is a personal 911 of mine. What a god damn tragedy that changed the future as we know it. Meth apparently celebrated completion of the album by getting high off angeldust, and RZA had to get him to redo all his verses. Also the flood killed Deck's career; he originally had a bunch of RZA beats for an album, which would no doubt have been a classic.

I think it shows, all over Tical. It sounds like they recorded it in 12 hours in someones bathroom while Meth was on the dust come down.

Esch

Banned
I don't hate Tical OG either but I enjoy the highs of Tical 2000 way more. Yeah it might be a bit bloaty and skit heavy but I enjoy it way more.

OG Tical is a lot like 36 Chambers if 36 Chambers was ten times "rougher." I can see why that's appealing to some but not really for me. Much prefer the polish of 2000.

Like if they recorded 36 Chambers in RZA's basement, the must have recorded most of the Tical we got in RZA's mommas bathroom.

i dont have a problem with it. I wish modern wu was more garbage basement black metal rap than the weird dingly shit it is today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom