• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
The album did well and had a couple big singles but I feel like it could have been way bigger. Rushing the re-do was necessary due to label deadlines but boy did it hurt. The album isn't bad, in fact it's pretty damn good but sometimes just feels off. You don't hear the effortless bravado that Meth displayed on 36 Chambers, outside of the pre-flood tracks.

400 beats, gone. Imagine how many classic albums that would have come out. Q-Tip also lost 100+ beats.

I believe a lot more was lost in Rza basement that we know of. It seems more and more probable that it was done in purpose. In the basement there were two Rzas, one was an inferior clone that helped with the beats. The clone did make his own beats but the real Rza is the one who cleaned them up and made them special. There was once a disagreement which lead to the clone killing the Rza we once knew.

That's why some members of We doesn't mess with Rza today yet doesn't talk shit about him, because they know what happened, but deep down that's still their brother

Esch

Banned
jbj8ADM6SQjp7W.png
at yall taking Lindsay Lohan falling off like that

jbj8ADM6SQjp7W.png
at yall taking Lindsay Lohan falling off like that

There was a time when I would have given Lohan my student loan refunds. I would have been a simp for Mean Girls era Lohan, breh, I am not ashamed. Even before I came around on pussy eating, I would have eaten her no questions asked.

Honest was pretty boring. I think I'm just over this type of production for the most part. However, the first song may have set my expectations too high.

Esch

Banned
Im saying.... Future influenced the game now hes on the way out. Told yall that trap top spot stays in rotation. Rich Homie Quan's about to meet the same fate. These dudes dont really sell records at all lol

HiResDes

I ain't even gonna bother with it was hoping for a bunch of Karate Chops and Shits, definitely don't wanna full album of him auto crooning.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
This is my knee jerk reaction, but I'm not too hot on Honest. There's some bangers on it for sure, but Future is just boring most of the time. I guess Quan and Thugger have owned that sound for me, even if they didn't invent it. They actually have charisma and versatality, plus they don't have to abuse autotune on every single track. I like Future sometimes, but he just can't hold my interest for an entire record.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This is my knee jerk reaction, but I'm not too hot on Honest. There's some bangers on it for sure, but Future is just boring most of the time. I guess Quan and Thugger have owned that sound for me, even if they didn't invent it. They actually have charisma and versatality, plus they don't have to abuse autotune on every single track. I like Future sometimes, but he just can't hold my interest for an entire record.
My feelings 100%.

Tokubetsu

Traitor.

Tokubetsu

It's never a good sign when you're tempted to skip all the tracks without any features.

I actually skipped the ones WITH features but I also still think Future's two best songs are "Neva End" (fuck the Kelly Rowland version) and "Turn On The Lights." I also don't get the love for Move That Dope...at all.

Tokubetsu

I know the blood moon was last night because Domino and I just agreed with me on something. I'll see you again next rare Astronomical event Domino.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The first verse of Turn On The Lights is so painful that I had to make multiple attempts at listening to the song in full because I couldn't make it to the chorus.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yeah, T-Shirt is pretty good. That statement wasn't really a criticism of the tracks as a whole on Honest, I'm just saying that his voice starts to grate on me when he's the only one on the track. I've always liked him best as the hook guy.

Courage

Other than Honest, all these slower songs bore me to death. He had the right idea with the intro, where he can still produce and rap over a great banger without it feeling too familiar to his past stuff, but then he goes on and almost cries for 10 songs before he ends with Sh!t and Karate Chop which are pretty good, but typical Future songs.

Covered N Money is also aight.

Esch

Banned
bought some Guiness beer brehs. Thoughts? Haven't tasted it yet.
You fucked up because its garbage unless its poured correctly out of a tap imo. I also think you'll hate it, as it has a lot of body and is fairly bitter. You don't seem to care for either of those things.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The remix of Move That Dope that someone posted here a while back makes the song much more listenable. The original version is okay; its funky, which I appreciate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom