• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnDoe

Banned
ya'll need images to make ya case

kkyyd_szafive_705699.jpg

img-sza-1_144522713122.jpg_v_thumb.jpg

effzee

Internet rap fans=rap fans. The rap scene has been run by net hype for years and years now. I think you mean younger rap fans or something maybe.

I meant the purchasing audience which is both the core plus the crowd at large.

No matter what Nas or any of these guys say, they want to sell. They want to top the charts. Be the #1 dude, played on the radio, and be the king of NYC or wherever they reign from. You don't think it burns Nas that whenever he turns on power 105 or hot 97 in his hometown all he hears is Jay Z throwbacks, current singles, and then more Jay Z throwbacks?

If that means getting a radio friendly beat from Swizzy or Timbaland, then it makes sense for Nas to work with them. So long as its not Oochi Wally.

Lol@ the idea of a Nas hit. Its 2014 not 1999 brehs. He should shun any and all pop shit, better for him to appease the core stanbase 100%

Again that's ideal for fans. I wish a lot of these guys would never even try to go for that deliberate radio single but they have to make money at the end of the day. Pride and ego also needs to be fed.

But to that end, a pop song doesn't have to be some super sell out song. A lot of rappers have proved it. Kendrick just got singles without them being some throwaway club records. Again its up to Nas to take the production and make it fit him so we get something cool.

why is Mr Lamar so angry all of sudden? Did he spend too much time with Eminem?

Why are people worried? Its like the off season for Kendrick. He is just trying out different styles, flows, and working with all sorts of artists. The benefit of his new found success. Its the perfect time to do so too. He can test all sorts of sounds and then perfect whatever he wants for the album.

And even then this supposed "Eminem flow" has been what like 2-3 songs? Out of the many and many features he has done? If anything he is displaying his versatility. Why in the world would anyone think he will do a full album like that? Even Eminem doesn't do "Eminem flow" for a full album so why would Kendrick?

IrishNinja

Jhene > SZA.

Them thunder thighs gonna sag one day.

as a big tits/ass/thighs man ill never understand this: so?
let's say i had the pleasure of wifing such a fine specimen, by that sagging point
a) we gon fill her with nanomachines or robot bits or whatever
b) i should have a stable of side-ho('s) lookin like her but younger
c) my dick might not work by then so lol who cares

Esch

Banned
I meant the purchasing audience which is both the core plus the crowd at large.

No matter what Nas or any of these guys say, they want to sell. They want to top the charts. Be the #1 dude, played on the radio, and be the king of NYC or wherever they reign from. You don't think it burns Nas that whenever he turns on power 105 or hot 97 in his hometown all he hears is Jay Z throwbacks, current singles, and then more Jay Z throwbacks?
Nas is fine. He knows how good people think he is. His stans are furiously dedicated to the point of fanaticism,and proclaim him the GOAT whenever they get the chance. Even if people think his catalogue is garbage theyll still always give him props for Illmatic. He doesn't care much about radio or Jay's shine never ending like that. He won the battle between them, he has no hangups id imagine except when they hang out and Jay probably stunts with his wallet. The rap critics and intelligentsia has and always will hate Jay for a multitude of reasons, whereas Nas can and has put out loads of dookie projects and it hasnt affected his legacy among heads. Really he stopped trying to get hits like that years and years ago. And thats fine.

cdyhybrid

I wonder if even Jay would still care about radio, if it weren't for the publicity that might help him out in his other business ventures.

Esch

Banned
Jay doesnt really care that much about radio either. He didnt promo magna carta with a single in advance of the album drop. He knows his shit will get burn. Hes figuring out the internet now, why else would he be dropping a freestyle of his and his artist on soundcloud (on a sunday lol).

Jay Sosa

Why are people worried? Its like the off season for Kendrick. He is just trying out different styles, flows, and working with all sorts of artists. The benefit of his new found success. Its the perfect time to do so too. He can test all sorts of sounds and then perfect whatever he wants for the album.

Not worried but if I dislike anything it's rappers screaming. Except Mystikal and Banner.

And even then this supposed "Eminem flow" has been what like 2-3 songs? Out of the many and many features he has done? If anything he is displaying his versatility. Why in the world would anyone think he will do a full album like that? Even Eminem doesn't do "Eminem flow" for a full album so why would Kendrick?

I never thought that Eminem would make an entire album rapping with a weird accent..so I'm not sure what to think. But as someone who loved that dude since the KL EP I have faith in him.

everybody got their own taste of course... but just think about how beautiful she looks even she's wearing loose clothing/an oversized jersey

if she'd get all dolled up and shit... lawd
on the other hand, her "casual" style is what makes her really attractive too

oh absolutely. It's more that I'm really into asian girls, especially if they're half asian half black.

Nas can make a hit in 2014 with the right push (and guests), the question is does he want to. I have a hard time believing the Justin Timberlake track he got won't chart at least.

Nas' problem, sales wise, is that he has nearly completely insulated himself from mainstream music for a decade plus. Think about it: his singles rarely feature noteworthy guests or hooks, he doesn't chase big producers, etc. He got a Chris Brown hook for Untitled but the song was trash and didn't go anywhere. He also had Keri Hilson on Hero which wasn't a bad song IMO but charted at #97.

I'm not saying he should do some bloated, overproduced shit like Blueprint 3 and get every big artist on it to make him hot. But where's the harm in doing a song with Kendrick or Cole? Frank Ocean, Miguel...somebody. He has a track with Justin Timberlake for the album which makes sense, but I feel like he needs a couple more noteworthy features.

He has come out of his shell a bit with a string of (great) guest verses on MMG, YM, and Khaled albums at least, but I feel he needs some young voices on the album. Getting Mary J Blidge to howl over break beats isn't working, breh.

Detox

Nas got a song with Frank produced by hit boy, he said he was unsure if it would make the album. I would love to hear it, it was recorded around the time everything hitboy produced was gold. I want him to work with the new generation badly but it feels like anything he has done with them thus far has been instigated on their side rather than Nas acting on his own volition. Maybe his new mentality of investing and taking on deals he wouldn't in the past is a sign that he is willing to take more risks and branch out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom