• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pathos

Banned
Nas is one of my favourite rappers of all time but he just doesn't give off the vibe of having radio hits
It just isn't him

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Hearing Collard Greens at the bar. Probably the only Oxy track with lasting appeal, mostly thanks to that beat and the kdot stimulus. Just like Fuckin Problems, he's the MC that elevates an otherwise unremarkable club/bar track. Always a treat hearing him somewhere like this.

Macca

I don't know why Nas even needs to have a radio hit. Dudes 40 and his last album just sold over 300k. I mean shit, we were just talking about how Future couldn't even pop 50k, and how many hits has he had?

Nas has his lane, does it well and should stick to it. Nas is STILL selling albums because of Illmatic. People go back and listen to that shit, release it's a classic and then get on board with Nas and look out for his next album.

IrishNinja

why-don't-he-love-me-no-jutsu

ahahaha damn

that Hip Hop Family Tree comic is amazing though, I peep a new comic here every Tuesday

ah, nice! ive been following the dude's twitter but not too closely, im already sold on volume 2 and dont wanna see too much of it

I'm actually having more fun with DS2 than I did DS1 (but I also think DS2 is easier, so..)

jelly, but then im waiting to see if we get a PS4 version honestly...plus having platted Demons & Dark 1 i'm not in a hurry to take that all on again heh
(what sucks about this though is that i have to have radio silence on DS2 details to not have shit ruined & end up missing the inevitable pre-nerfing madness)

Nah mostly like EPMD, public enemy, old KRS

feelin this selection, mostly because its about as polar as you can get to what works right now, not much scratches that specific PE itch for me

I'm with PD on this. Listen to the Nasye Westobar mix. It's a mix of Nas rapping over some of Kanye's best beats. It's basically what everyone wishes Nas would be doing on the regular, Rapping over great beats.

first ive heard of it but copping now

If Nas' new album is at least on par with Life is Good, I won't be mad.

this is pretty much what i think all of us are hoping for, kinda goes without saying (unless you're crazy kams & hated LIG tho)

I hope he gets a track w/ em on his new album

we already have a mismatched production lineup, i don't need more potential dust on this project

illadelph

Hearing Collard Greens at the bar. Probably the only Oxy track with lasting appeal, mostly thanks to that beat and the kdot stimulus. Just like Fuckin Problems, he's the MC that elevates an otherwise unremarkable club/bar track. Always a treat hearing him somewhere like this.

Drake is the one who elevated Fuckin' Problems IMO

Pathos

Banned
Nas wanted em to be featured on "Daughers" but em said he talked about his daughter enough already
I don't think anything will happen, just me being hopeful

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I don't remember one line from Drake's Fuckin Problems verse tbh. It was his song though.
It's Rocky's song but who remembers that. I love the dude but he's busy being cut into pop songs he doesn't belong on. I'm a borderline stan for the dude but I don't need to hear him ruin Jessie Ware or Lykke Li tracks. His dumb lyrics are embarrassing.

It's Rocky's song but who remembers that. I love the dude but he's busy being cut into pop songs he doesn't belong on. I'm a borderline stan for the dude but I don't need to hear him ruin Jessie Ware or Lykke Li tracks. His dumb lyrics are embarrassing.

Drake handed him the song because Rocky needed a single pretty much.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
A Nas/Em track would be weird. I'm trying to picture what sort of production it would be on, and it likely would be on a grittier beat more well suited for Em's style.

I hope it happens because they are two of the greatest ever to rock a mic but its sounding weird in my head. I just hope Em wouldn't come on that fuckery and would be spitting murderer bars or something.

First Jhene, now some random "black twitter" dude?

Schoolboy Q taking multiple L's.

Schoolboy Q Can't Take Criticism Threatens Twitter User

Wants to fight @OfficiallyIce for saying he was the weak link in TDE.
Yo who the fuck is this Officially Ice dude anyways? I know people who follow him and he shows up anywhere. Is he just a twitter celeb? Dude looks like a broke ass Smack.

EDIT: 50 Cent ft. Kidd Kidd, Prodigy, Havoc & Styles P - Chase The Paper. Not bad. I can't get over Kidd Kidd's voice. He could be the nicest ever to do it but I wouldn't be able to tell.

overcast

Q shouldn't catch feelings like that, but meh.

Kendrick pretty much owns Fuckin Problems. I think the song is hot garbage and every verse isn't any good, really. BUT everybody still goes in for that Kendrick verse. "Girl. I know you want this dick" is essentially the reason to throw the damn song on.

OG Kush

are you serious? kendrick was actually laughable on fuckin problems.

Detox

You can only make a hit if you make a song for strippers, gywenth Paltrow or whatever is on top of the social agenda of white America. Nas does none of the above. I agree that he overpowers beats and you're never going to get a hit when the beat plays a secondary role, he should proabably copy Kanye and rap over a barebones beat and then the producer adds extra shit like screams or whatever.

Even the Illmatic producers did something similar where nas originally rapped over different beats for some of the songs.

effzee

I guess I am the only one who liked Fucking Problems?

Just sounded so different for a radio hit than the usual stuff we hear in NYC nowadays. Wife liked it so much she insisted on listening to the Kendrick album after hearing the song. As a single its really inoffensive.

When I think of Nas making something that both works for him and the radio, that's the kind of song I imagine working. Not something Jay does or other commercial rappers pull off easily.

Would love a Nas-Em collabo. Don't understand why its never happened outside of Em producing a track for Nas way back when.

Courage

I guess I am the only one who liked Fucking Problems?

Just sounded so different for a radio hit than the usual stuff we hear in NYC nowadays. Wife liked it so much she insisted on listening to the Kendrick album after hearing the song. As a single its really inoffensive.

It was a pretty good single, catchy hook and I like all the verses, but Drake >>>> K.Dot on that song.

codhand

LT8g9ZB.png

meyhem and bronson

oh bruther

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=109461598&postcount=21

Nothing in the American mainstream has been good since Jay-Z's original The Blueprint album.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
are you serious? kendrick was actually laughable on fuckin problems.

Now that you mention it I don't think I've ever come close to disliking a Kendrick verse. Either he's really good or I'm just a filthy, cum guzzling stan. Possibly both are true.

Cheddahz

Banned
jelly, but then im waiting to see if we get a PS4 version honestly...plus having platted Demons & Dark 1 i'm not in a hurry to take that all on again heh
(what sucks about this though is that i have to have radio silence on DS2 details to not have shit ruined & end up missing the inevitable pre-nerfing madness)
I really hope there is a PS4 version, the PC version blows the console versions out of the water
If Nas' new album is at least on par with Life is Good, I won't be mad.
That's all I really want as well. Life Is Good is not Illmatic or It Was Written, but it's a solid album
fuckin problems was a garbage song overall by the way
It really was and it got annoying rather quickly

They're not BAD per se, but they all have a 2008 mixtape feel to them thats gonna guarantee a flop album.

No doubt, 50 aint selling albums like he used to. But all these interviews hes done recently talking about aiming music at his core audience is holding true. Ill buy the album because I know there will be some bangers on it. Just like all his albums.

No doubt, 50 aint selling albums like he used to. But all these interviews hes done recently talking about aiming music at his core audience is holding true. Ill buy the album because I know there will be some bangers on it. Just like all his albums.

yeah. I really liked BISD for the most part. Was it a classic? Naw, but it was overall a pretty good album.

Yo, did we ever talk about Pharrell's race comments? That boy fucked up heavy lmao.

Lol. I sorta get what he's trying to say, BUT it's still super dumb.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I get what Pharrell was trying to say, but its not worth jumping in that thread. Shoot first, ask questions later.

Kwixotik

I keep coming in my room finding my Wu Tang poster in random places because my roommate keeps taking it down for Skype interviews and not putting it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom