• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned

Classic WWF khaled promo. Hopefully the 'marcy projects' bit means that he came more old school with it like he did for Nas and Hip Hop.

wtb_dive.gif

Let that boy cook. Damn this kinda goes hard in a terrible way. He might be alright if he didnt try and jam so much shit into his hook/verse and just let his hype voice carry it. hilarious

overcast

Yes to both.

Kanye embracing and acknowledging his artistic influence, in that, he knows the videos are shit and realizes that some people will still think they are works of creative genius. IIRC, in one interview, Ye said he wanted the Bound 2 video to be the epitome of white trash, with the "clouds going one way" and him and Kim on the bike going the other. At the Yeezus show I attended in Atlanta, in his autocrooning, he spoke on how he has tricked everyone into thinking he's rapper, when he's actually a "proper visual artist."
Judging by the Yeezus merch, he got into that "white trash" image thing he had going. Confederate flags, metal-like Yeezus word art, skulls. All mixed with that high art shit he had going. Kind of a funny/cool idea.
Stopped my listen through Sound of Silver for this.

bowery

Black Skinhead is still trash and the worst song on the album. Sound like a black flag cut glued to some 808s and heartbreak shit, telling people they're 'coons' while he brags on the same song about fucking a white woman and how much white america loves him

blood on the leaves is easily the worst song, lyrically the song has no substance and the beat will sound dated once stupid trap phase of edm music clears out. black skinhead sounds like a song you can listen to 5 years later and it wont feel dated at all

Esch

Banned
Blood on the Leaves is alright. The C-Murder shout still gets me hype. I'll take it over the corny, straight up stupid shit going on in Black Skinhead lyrically + the lame up the punX beat on that shit.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Crosspost: Total Slaughter 1 Trailer. This is basically a battle rap reality TV show that will culminate in an event in NY in mid-June.

Small card, but the matches are heavy:

Loaded Lux vs. Murda Mook (Rematch)
Joe Budden vs. Hollow Da Don
and presumably the finals from the reality TV show component's tournament.

overcast

blood on the leaves is easily the worst song, lyrically the song has no substance and the beat will sound dated once stupid trap phase of edm music clears out. black skinhead sounds like a song you can listen to 5 years later and it wont feel dated at all
Even lyrically, I feel like if Ye "went in" with the beat, it would age terribly. I could see that. The start of the song, progression into the actual song, Kanye's emotional delivery/lyrics, then the C-Murder part. It's probably my favorite track off Yeezus (or I'm In It).

My friend talks about how he wished Kanye "actually rapped" on the song, and it just doesn't sound right. The beat is so massive that Kanye belting over it is perfect.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Homeboy Sandman just shot to the top of the smart dumb rapper list.

shining example of why some folks just need to focus on what they do because it's probably the only thing they do well.

this is the doofus i told ya'll was trying to stare down my friend (and my entire group) at a concert he didn't perform at because one of my boys complimented his girlfriends DJ'ing skills. It was a few years ago but I knew then that dude was an idiot back then.

Nothing like insulting people for no reason and then saying stuff like

"What if lions break out of the zoo and start trying to eat everyone? What if aliens attack? What if the police department decides that they want to grab their batons and blow off some steam? Are cowards really the type of people that you want to be surrounded by?

Not me.

That’s why I don’t want black people at my events anymore"

Fuck this dude, for thinking that conclusion would be part of any rational discussion by anyone on the topic of race, who is not in a god damn militia in the middle of Mississippi....

Cudder

does it?

because it gets real bad

I've heard it does (read some lttp threads) but honestly I don't see it yet personally. I thought the show started pretty shallow, but as you get to know the characters and what they're about it gets better. It started off as some self indulgent fantasy type show, but now they're actually incorporating some drama into it, and finally some consequences for Hank for his stupid behaviour.

DominoKid

the only time i ever hear about Californication is about the chicks that are on it. like i heard the chick from the AT&T commercial was on it last night.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Who's watched Californication. just finished up Season 4, keeps getting better.

no it doesn't man. I never thought i could be nostalgic for a show about drinking, nudity, and regret but these last few seasons sure made me feel that way.

Shameless & House of Lies are better than Californication right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom