• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooooose

all of the khaled collabs and the crew is the most boring rap ever to me

if i see rick ross with any mmg people or french montana or drake or anything and its just instapass

but i gave this a spin because of jay

it was still boring and mostly bad

Everytime I hear French singing on a "big" track's hook I assume they couldn't afford Drake. Shit is wack.

I was going to bring this up eventually but now is perfect. This track really highlights how off key Jay sounds on trap. When he drags out his pronouncement of words he rarely keeps the same key, and it just sounds...bad. Reminds me of Kanye singing off key. Ross gets away with it because he has a very deep voice for instance, Wayne does it well for the most part too. But Jay sounds straight up bad.

These Khaled tracks have really devalued the idea of "posse/multiple guest verse" tracks. Tracks like this used to matter, now it's just some trash. Remember how hype We Taking Over was?

PBY

Banned
He write all that, but I don't see him organizing a protest and traveling to LA.

The internet activist is a step worse than the coffee shop revolutionist. I hate both with a passion.

I like this.
Thanks for taking the time to listen breh

Esch

Banned
Ross's verse is goofy too. Belting out all those bars at the end in some ???? language, what is that shit? English please.

I hear On The Run every day as I skim through the radio, shit is trash and highlights tone problem. It reminds me of off key battle rappers who try to make real songs (see: most Loaded Lux songs). Or modern Eminem songs.

Listen to a random BP3 song and then listen to his more recent stuff, the tone change is pretty jarring.

Papoose looking suicidal. Taking shots at (insert popular rapper).
http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.htm...-attend-five-percenters-show-and-prove-event/

BmT587pIEAAOvxN.jpg

Kwixotik

I still love A Kid Named Cudi. Listening to it right now with the window open and the rain pouring. Sipping on some bourbon. I listened to it when I was driving with all my stuff to move into my college dorm. About to graduate in a couple weeks. Feeling all nostalgic.

Summer session is the best. Great weather, less populated, and professors/classes are more relaxed. I'm staying at school for half the summer and I'm really looking forward to it.

I still love A Kid Named Cudi. Listening to it right now with the window open and the rain pouring. Sipping on some bourbon. I listened to it when I was driving with all my stuff to move into my college dorm. About to graduate in a couple weeks. Feeling all nostalgic.

I have a playlist of dorm room jams my friends and I would play while pre-gaming and post-gaming freshman year. I'm gonna listen to it after I graduate and get really sad

It was one of the first mixtapes that got me into rap actually.

It has a special meaning to me as well.

cdyhybrid

About to do a class in Summer. Should I be worried? 4 days a week, 6 weeks.

Nope. Summer classes are more chill and you get to see chicks in summer clothes instead of 3 layers of warmth. Plus it'll keep you busy instead of staying inside playing video games all day for 3 months.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
xTq6aGi.jpg

Pretty hype. I like this better than anything else he's released in awhile.

Edit - beaten by just a moment, oops. I'll leave the box art there.

Khaled track is kind of trash, but I think Jay woke up from his hibernation. Actually rapping like he wants to rap and not make vocab tracks for Blue.

Thanks, Drake.

Esch

Banned
Khaled track is kind of trash, but I think Jay work up from his hibernation. Actually rapping like he wants to rap and not make vocab tracks for Blue.

Thanks, Drake.

Actually, that track is supposedly several months old and that makes sense to me; it has more of the magna cartaisms that i dislike on it.

More We Made It and Devil Is a Lie please. Just rap and flow Hov, no bullshit.

overcast

Why should you be worried?
Just the crammed nature of finishing a class in 6 weeks.
Summer classes rule. Fewer people on campus, best(?) weather, and most people want to be there.

Summer session is the best. Great weather, less populated, and professors/classes are more relaxed. I'm staying at school for half the summer and I'm really looking forward to it.

Nope. Summer classes are more chill and you get to see chicks in summer clothes instead of 3 layers of warmth. Plus it'll keep you busy instead of staying inside playing video games all day for 3 months.
This is what I'm hoping for. First time my CC has offered summer classes since 2010, I've been going there since Fall 2011. Trying to transfer out pretty soon, so I'm cracking down. Want to be in a university when I'm 22 hopefully. Can't be getting too old before Uni.

Krit dropped flames? Going to listen after this episode of GOT.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I've had bad experiences with Summer classes. Every time I got caught with profs that didn't give a fuck, which means you're fucked. Do your research on them first.

big ander

whew this new K.R.I.T., second verse especially...I liked King Remembered a lot, between REM and King Without A Crown and Shine On, didn't realize some thought he'd been stale for a while. I've never felt that way but this song just jumped Cadillactica from "sure looking forward to it" to "most anticipated"

I believe PD (sorry if I'm mistaken) put it best when he said something along the lines of "krit needs to unequip the everstone."

I am all for that new track, though. is it coming from a mixtape? Haven't been keeping up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom