• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
don't see why that's a problem. he's basically the only rapper right now with anything of substance to say.

tumblr_m99m0btxEw1r25xgk.gif

I know Freddie Gibbs isn't necessarily mainstream, but people need to quit acting like he's some unknown act. Dude has been featured in quite a few high-profile magazines, newspapers, etc.

I know Freddie Gibbs isn't necessarily mainstream, but people need to quit acting like he's some unknown act. Dude has been featured in quite a few high-profile magazines, newspapers, etc.

dunno brehs I get the impression that most rap fans are like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AERwgNvgMmc

He's not "underground" like say...Big Pooh is underground. But I'm not sure he's "upper underground" in the same way Action Bronson is.

This is right

I suppose. Idk, I just see his interviews in most magazines nowadays and after his whole thing with Jeezy it just seems strange if you're interested in Hip-Hop how you could not know the dude.

dunno brehs I get the impression that most rap fans are like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AERwgNvgMmc

He's not "underground" like say...Big Pooh is underground. But I'm not sure he's "upper underground" in the same way Action Bronson is.

I'm amazed at how little the average hip-hop fans knows tbh I had to explain to somebody who the Wu-Tang Clan was a couple days ago like brah...... =/

I'm amazed at how little the average hip-hop fans knows tbh I had to explain to somebody who the Wu-Tang Clan was a couple days ago like brah...... =/

Lol. Yeaaah I forget sometimes.

I know people that always reference "Wu-Tang Ain't nothing to fuck wit" but probaby couldn't identify any other tracks on 36 chambers. Haha, maybe i'm just being cranky.

Esch

Banned
Its easy for me if you compare the best of. Gibbs is a better rapper for sure, but I dont enjoy the gangsta gibbs persona as much as spitta.

PlayDat

The internet makes it so easy to insulated yourself in your own little niche things. I have no idea what's popular anymore.

I will say that a played Gibbs for some friends in a dorm recently and two out of three of them had heard of him. They were all at least somewhat into hip hop.

I went to Danny Brown's show a couple weeks ago with a friend who had never heard of Killer Mike, who I always thought was much more popular.

I, myself also can't really say I know who DJ Rashad is. I've seen his name a bunch before his passing and I'm sure I've heard a bunch of songs he was involved in creating but I couldn't name one off the top of my head.

Esch

Banned
Yes, no doubt everyone was eating Christmas dinner and PD's brothers yelled at him to stop masturbation marathoning like he always does and come down and grab some ham. Little did they know he was desperately f5ing SOHH and crying big bullet tears, waiting for our favorite formerly homeless alcoholic killah priest imitator to 'kill fake hip hop' by dropping his album. But it never came. Coal for christmas. Fucking owned. Then he signed to Hov, further completing his cypher of misery.

ir7b1crbxkqWz.gif

Esch

Banned
Nope, it was 2009-10 so hip hop slowly started to recover from the stark, horrible days of ringtone rap and Lil' Wayne and everyone forgot about Jay Elecjabbbabalaahkah except for the people who took L's on that day. What a wonderful story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom