• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

big ander

If any of y'all grab this, just add this to the end (I tagged it already and shit):
https://mega.co.nz/#!fFIkhQbJ!G6gmcNysQi6ov4thQBwtQXYx6dr1Q9AZfCb_vWG3C9g
thanks for the comp, just what I need to get really in to Thug I think.
I just heard about it today, but what you do guys think of the Super Jam lineup in St. Louis?

Kendrick Lamar, Juicy J, K Michelle will be joined YG, August Alsina, Juvenile, K Camp, Rico Love, Bando Jonez, Tinashe and the STL playlist set (feat. JGE, Keem, Laude, Lil St. Louis, Pretty Tony, Tef Poe & Tiffany Foxx)!

I've got seats in the 4th row, and am pretty excited!
Hah course the first year of Super Jam that I'd want to go to is after I move out of the city.

Is Scottrade good for shows? never caught one there.

mellz

ihScMZ2vbGRvP.gif

beanman25

thanks for the comp, just what I need to get really in to Thug I think.

Hah course the first year of Super Jam that I'd want to go to is after I move out of the city.

Is Scottrade good for shows? never caught one there.

I enjoyed it as a venue for Paul McCartney in 2012, although i was in the nosebleeds.

It seems as if they changed Kendrick with Yo Gotti for some reason. Still going though, so no big deal. Although I wanted to see Kendrick kinda bad.

Tokubetsu

Huh where?

Anywhere if I remember correctly there was someone looking for more Weeknd stuff, but I'd suggest getting into the lo-fi pop movement as there are a bunch of gems including this new release:

EP of the year for me:

Control You

Ivory

Like Lust or SC

Us

...Sounds like How to Dress Well remixed by Holy Other

Favorite EP so far for me this year is the Celestial Trax one:
dJGcK0V.jpg

Also, great interview with RZA:
https://myspace.com/discover/editorial/2014/4/23/free-lunch-cucumber-sushi-rolls-with-rza

Dominator

New to the forums, and as a fan, I was wondering what everyone's thoughts on Strange Music is? Not just Tech N9ne but all the artists as a whole.

New to the forums, and as a fan, I was wondering what everyone's thoughts on Strange Music is? Not just Tech N9ne but all the artists as a whole.

Tech and Rittz are really the only spitters on the label and I like what they do. The rest I can take or leave depending on the track.

Tech also really uses his label to support his city and his people and puts more effort into putting new artists on than nearly anyone else (and this includes artists not on his label) and I respect that immensely.

Dominator

Yeah there are a few artists they have like Kutt Calhoun or Stevie Stone that I could really care less about, but then they have Ces Cru and Mayday who I feel just kill it on everything.

Murs will definitely be interesting, especially with his collaboration with Mayday for his new album.

Mayday x Murs - Tabletops

Murs is now on Strange too. That should be interesting.

Yeah, I just checked that Cypher you linked (still listening atm actually) and there's a few heads I either forgot were signed to Strange or were unaware of. Forgot about Murs (whose verse in the cypher was DOPE) and didn't know about Wreckonize.

Couple dudes are sound alikes though. Ubiquitous specifically sounds a lot like Eyedea in voice and tone. Godemis sounds familiar too but I can't place it.

IrishNinja

Yeah there are a few artists they have like Kutt Calhoun or Stevie Stone that I could really care less about, but then they have Ces Cru and Mayday who I feel just kill it on everything.

Murs will definitely be interesting, especially with his collaboration with Mayday for his new album.

Mayday x Murs - Tabletops

My cousin loves Mayday

one of the best miami-based efforts we've got out in recent years; i forget if it was des or tokus or who that put me onto Wrekonize's solo effort A Soiree For Skeptics but it's a great album when you're in the mood for that kinda thing. i really need to take a chance to see them live sometime.

Esch

Banned
Esch you're an Arsenal fan?
6eGjd.png

low key i was kinda happy for yall. it was time to end the failure.

Of only recent, so i never felt the pain like that. My cousins put me onto them heavy this past year or so, and i've been watching for about two years now. They're diehards/lifers.

All my teams are garbage or disappointments except for the Cardinals though :(

Tokubetsu

I still dig it on repeat viewings but I can understand Esch not down with it. Also not a fan of Charlie Day.

I used to ride fo It's Always Sunny too but idk how they fuck they managed to reach like 12 seasons man. I haven't found the show that entertaining or funny in at least six years. Don't mind see the cast eating elsewhere though (Charlie and Dennis show up pretty often in other shit).

Esch

Banned
To be honest when they introduced the externally-ninja-but-really-submissive-asian-girl-with-bad-accent-looking-for-a-white-guy-in-a-cape bit of the movie I kinda hit the
sleepsmilie.gif
. What's the point of putting female characters in if you're going to throw stereotypes all over them?

The action scenes of what I saw were good though

It's a shitty movie. The only good scene is the one in Hong Kong

Also Charlie day is great so I'm not gonna blame him for this garbage character, all the characters in the movie kinda sucked

Godzilla was kinda better but i realized I haven't really liked a monster film since Jurassic park

I'm not that hot on drive in theater but godfather 4 is still one of the best songs this year. He needs another Harry fraud or alchemist project though

Esch

Banned
IAlso Charlie day is great so I'm not gonna blame him for this garbage character, all the characters in the movie kinda sucked

Dudes so terrible. Annoying voice, whiny as fuck, his gimmick - in everything he does - is based around what a stupid neurotic weirdo he acts like. He has no versatility, he's garbage. He's the real life Elliot Reed, but a dude.

Dudes so terrible. Annoying voice, whiny as fuck, his gimmick - in everything he does - is based around what a stupid neurotic weirdo he acts like. He has no versatility, he's garbage. He's the real life Elliot Reed, but a dude.

i'm a big always sunny fan tho. but like toku said the last few seasons been kinda meh.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Pacific Rim is worth watching as long as you fast forward past anything that doesn't involve giant robots punching monsters.

DominoKid

yeah i love his new album but it doesn't have a homerun track like 1999.

Iamsu got negative buzz for his album. I didn't even know he had one coming out. Listening to it now and it's alright. Not as good as YG's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom