• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I like CG.... Idk I just lumped him in that rap nerd category with odd future and Charles hamilton (before he went crazy) and I've never tried to go deeper into his identity in regards to his rapping since. Also I like bti.

I would have more problems with him rapping if he didn't just rap about stuff that was slightly geeky. Kind of like why I can't stand drakes stuff beyond "comeback season" because you could see where he was getting away from his neo soul lane and trying to be more macho when he was/and is a sensitive guy who raps.

When Gambino decides to film a video like drake did for "hold on" for one of his tracks I will join the chorus (and pitchfork) in shitting on CG

Cerity

Not sure if yall follow sadistik but he's dropped a song and details on his upcoming album.

Sadistik - Cult Leader

ULTRAVIOLET TRACK LISTING:

1. Cult Leader
2. 1984
3. Chemical Burns (Feat. Eyedea, Lotte Kestner)
4. Into the Night
5. Cubic Zirconia
6. Orange
7. Nowhere
8. Witching Hour (Feat. Nacho Picasso)
9 .Still Awake
10. Blue Sunshine
11. Death Warrant (Feat. Sticky Fingaz, Tech N9ne)
12. Gummo (Feat. Yes Alexander)
13. The Rabbithole (Feat. Terra Lopez)
http://mad.ly/e458d4

dropping july 1st.

breakfuss

Been listening to the new Roots album. It's...okay. Decent background music, I guess. Undun kind of had the same jam session vibe going. Hope they haven't completely abandoned their "roots", though. How I Got Over was easily in my top 5 the year it came out.

Also gave Mac Miller's new tape a listen. My first time hearing any of his stuff. I'm actually impressed with his production more than anything. Never gave him a chance thinking he was another corny dude like asher roth (apologies to any fans), but he's actully pretty dope. Going to check out his earlier stuff.

Esch

Banned
this throwback pick of Weeknd has me dead for some reason. dude looks like Q

IAyWt.png

beanman25

18 hour car ride to Baltimore coming up in a month or so.

Planning on going with a CD player for the trip.

Recommend me mixtapes to burn! (I haven't listened to all too many of them).

Esch

Banned
Kareem Abdul Jabbar wrote a piece on GIrls and said Donald could have been replaced with a black dildo and served the same purpose.

That's hyperbole, but it was goofy. The way they presented him as kind of an absurdist character(omg a black conservative!) could have been better for sure. I agree with what he said though. Girls is a show about awkward white girls in NYC, it doesnt need to shoehorn in a couple minorities poorly. There is one interesting exchange between them before they break up though. Anyway, I stopped watching the show shortly after that cause it got boring and I can only take so much of seeing Lena Dunham naked.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
now if only Brian William's daughter would get naked on that show, would all that viewing hours I've put into the show would be worth it.

I'm fine with Girls, it's showcasing a demographic that features very few black people. I wouldn't expect to see black people on the show anymore than I'd expect to see black people on Downton Abbey. Well until they introduced a black guy in S4 lol.

How do you guys feel about House Rules? I just finished a listen, and really enjoyed it.

Offshore was a fantastic track.

It's not bad so far. I liked Keep it 100 and Trade it All. Hopefully I don't hear Crooked I say some forced multisyllabic lyrics like:

"We eat bananas and grapes we rhyming apes
My verses provide batter for lyrical pancakes"

Just Blaze executive producing their next album should be a good look.

How do you guys feel about House Rules? I just finished a listen, and really enjoyed it.

Offshore was a fantastic track.

Shit is boring

It's not bad so far. I liked Keep it 100 and Trade it All. Hopefully I don't hear Crooked I say some forced multisyllabic lyrics like:

"We eat bananas and grapes we rhyming apes
My verses provide batter for lyrical pancakes"

Just Blaze executive producing their next album should be a good look.

Get ready for more forced Crooked I bars. Honestly, at this point I have no hope that these guys can collectively put out good music. I want another Royce album, screw these other clowns.

IrishNinja

they prolly eat at a nearby spot run by a buddy like mine who gasses them up all day, and just sleep in the attic. literally live off of cred, that's how i picture them - angrily writing rhymes down about paying customers

Esch

Banned
Slaughterhouse has a fanbase, yall.Its not huge but it exists. I also get the feeling they probably would eat good overseas too.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
They see to tour well overseas, I know they have a 360 deal so there's that. Really an odd Em signing IMO.
Everyone tours well overseas.

Slaughterhouse members make a good trap domestically. They each already (except maybe Crooked) had a healthy individual show career, but now they get booked for shows together on top of that. Better yet, some of those shows don't even have all of them there, so there's more flexibility and more potential shows.

DominoKid

01. Peewee Longway - Everyday (Switcharoo) [Prod. By Big K]
02. Peewee Longway - Cheetah Print [Prod. By Honorable C-Note]
03. Peewee Longway - Blue Benjamin [Prod. By Beezey]
04. Peewee Longway - That Boy Right There [Prod. By Zaytoven & Cassius Jay]
05. Peewee Longway - How High [Prod. By Honorable C-Note]
06. Peewee Longway - Pretty Penny (Feat. Offset) [Prod. By Mucho]
07. Peewee Longway - Cinco De Mayo (Feat. Hoodrich Pablo Juan) [Prod. By Mucho]
08. Peewee Longway - African Diamonds (Feat. Hoodrich Pablo Juan) [Prod. By Mucho]
09. Peewee Longway - Came In (Feat. Migos) [Prod. By Mucho]
10. Peewee Longway - Sneakin N Geekin [Prod. By Metro Boomin]
11. Peewee Longway - Ola (Feat. Offset) [Prod. By Zaytoven]
12. Peewee Longway - FRFR (Feat. Quavo) [Prod. By Mucho]
13. Peewee Longway - OG Gas [Prod. By Beezey]
14. Peewee Longway - Juice (Feat. Young Thug) [Prod. By Cash Money AP]
15. Peewee Longway - Took Chances (Feat. Jose Guapo) [Prod. By Will-A-Fool]
16. Peewee Longway - Documentary (Feat. Offset) [Prod. By Krazy Blacc]
17. Peewee Longway - Hotel (Feat. Woop) [Prod. By KE On The Track]
18. Peewee Longway - Energy Kit [Prod. By C4 & Honorable C-Note]
19. Peewee Longway - Situation (Feat. Offset) [Prod. By Dun Deal]
20. Peewee Longway - Switcharoo (Feat. Migos) [Prod. By Zaytoven]
21. Peewee Longway - Servin Lean (Remix) (Feat. ASAP Rocky) [Prod. By C-Note] (Bonus)

Esch

Banned
They aight, Royce is pretty nice though

This. I liked Bar Exam and Death Is Certain back in the day even though I can only listen to assorted cuts from it now.

Edit: PD ruined him for me when he pointed out how many times he uses the dick=gun analogy

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think Royce is the weakest member in Slaughterhouse. He's been the most inconsistent, and fell off pretty hard after the first year or two Slaughterhouse was together, and has never recovered since. And yeah.. he has a tendency to use some of the same similes over and over. I think the other three go back and forth in terms of who is the most impressive. Joell is probably the most charismatic, Crooked the best writer, and Joey is the best at making songs/being cohesive in his verse.

Royce's verse on Slaughterhouse is still some other level shit.

I write lines like, white lines on the nose tray
Ice cold Ice Cube flow, like O'Shea

Made a thread about #RossFit.

Not odd at all.

Basically a deal for his friend Royce and his buddies.

That's a good point. Em put a lot of work into their first major label album (two features and produced on 7-8 tracks). Still when they signed I figured they'd do some big things but thus far they kind of just pop up every now and then with a freestlye. New mixtape today but no Em, no buzz.

PlayDat

Everyone tours well overseas.

Is this just a matter of there being so few rap acts based outside of the US that fans are willing to see anyone? Come to think of it, in his Vlad interview a couple weeks ago even Papoose mentioned something about having shows lined up out in Europe.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is this just a matter of there being so few rap acts based outside of the US that fans are willing to see anyone? Come to think of it, in his Vlad interview a couple weeks ago even Papoose mentioned something about having shows lined up out in Europe.
That Papoose interview is exactly who I thought of haha

I think that's part of it. Music is global, transcends language borders too. How many underground artists do you hear about doing full tours overseas? Damn near everyone. That cake can't be ignored. You got Kanye doing million dollar shows in the middle east, 50 doing just as well in Africa, etc. They'll take who they can get (I don't mean this in a bad way).

What also comes to mind is that N***as in Paris fan video all those people in France got together to make, and it came out so quickly after WTT too IIRC.

Brehs which rapper do you feel has the best discography in hip hop? I have to go with Ghostface. I can't think of anyone with four albums that match or surpass Iron Man, Supreme Clientele, OG Bulletproof Wallets, and Fishscale. And even his solid to good albums like the criminally overlooked Big Doe Rehab and Apollo Kids are better than other rapper's solid to good albums. And if we were to look at average albums, Pretty Toney is better than most average albums. I'm not going to defend the R&B album tho, although it wasn't as bad as I assumed it would be.

Second on my list would be MF DOOM, who comes close to matching Ghost with Operation Doomsday, Vaudeville Villain, Mm..Food, and Madvillainy.

Others:

-KRS One (Return of The Boom Bap, Self Titled album, I Got Next)
-Redman (first four albums)
-Rakim
-Scarface

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom