• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Jay is in the discussion because he has a good raw number of good albums, and even his worst albums have memorable songs. Also, depending on what you count for discography, Jay's features are some of the best.

you cant sleep on them unreleased mixtape cuts either / rare based

Addicted to the Game
Young, Black and Gifted
Broken English
Only a Customer
Rippin it Up
Early this Morning
Can't Knock the Hustle Fools Paradise Remix (all new verses)
If I Can't
Don't You Know
Murda Marcyville
Dead or Alive (2Pac diss)

Those are the types of songs Hov keeps on a laptop like, whatever man. If you peep the "Library of a Legend" comp shit is rediculous.

When he dies? The shit we get?

Also, this:

SCarterCollectionCover.jpg

IrishNinja

im working through a lotta classic discographies right now...red, ghost, lotta good votes here. some dudes like KRS, Cube, Pharcyde, Busta and dudes like that are too prolific to not have dropped some stinkers; others like Pac, DOOM, Jeru simply didnt make an album id call bad, and that's big for me.

1 good album (808s)

1 average album (graduation)

1 terrible album (MBTDF)

fixed

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
where's Anthony Anderson at nowadays? rewatchin' The Shield and I forget how fuckin' awesome he is as a villain. he's ruthless and fuckin' brutal.

Alright, if Jeru gets mentioned I have to throw in:

Guru

Great:
Step in the Arena
Hard to Earn
Moment of Truth

Good:
Jazzmatazz Vol. 1
Daily Operation

Ok:
The Ownerz
Jazzmatazz Vol. 2 (I think, didn't listen :trollbron:)

Del

Great:
I Wish My Brother George was Here
No Need for Alarm
Deltron 3030

Good:
Future Development

Ok:
Both Sides of the Brain

Not GOAT material, not top 10, but worth a mention.

Esch

Banned
Aight, because I enjoy it so much I reupped the S. Carter Collection w/ proper tags and artwork. This is a cut of freestyles and unreleased cuts he packaged with the S.Dots circa 2003, I believe. There's some dope shit, and if you're a Jay fan on any level you should cop.

Click to download.

Aight, because I enjoy it so much I reupped the S. Carter Collection w/ proper tags and artwork. This is a cut of freestyles and unreleased cuts he packaged with the S.Dots, I believe. There's some dope shit, and if you're a Jay fan on any level you should cop.

Click to download.

Nice. Thanks dude.

Esch

Banned
Don't worry. I'm not one of the guys who hates 808s because of the style of it/autotune or because its a butthurt-over-pussy album (if I did I'd hate Life is Good too). I hate it because most of the songs are unmemorable/wack. In fact i pretty much hate it except for the singles, which are awesome.

I have the exact same Ye and Hov rankings as Esch, like to the tee

joeuZS3LFjVqu.png
thats my dude right there

IrishNinja

Alright, if Jeru gets mentioned I have to throw in:

Guru

Great:
Step in the Arena
Hard to Earn
Moment of Truth

Good:
Jazzmatazz Vol. 1
Daily Operation

Ok:
The Ownerz
Jazzmatazz Vol. 2 (I think, didn't listen :trollbron:)

Del

Great:
I Wish My Brother George was Here
No Need for Alarm
Deltron 3030

Good:
Future Development

Ok:
Both Sides of the Brain

Not GOAT material, not top 10, but worth a mention.

absolutely fair by me, though it's weird that i fuck with del & heiro but after trying multiple times over the years couldn't get into deltron, and cant put my finger on why either

Aight, because I enjoy it so much I reupped the S. Carter Collection w/ proper tags and artwork. This is a cut of freestyles and unreleased cuts he packaged with the S.Dots circa 2003, I believe. There's some dope shit, and if you're a Jay fan on any level you should cop.

Click to download.

copping cause i slag on your boy but he was still golden at this point, thanks man

Good to see you came to your senses HRD.

I didn't initially include groups but Tribe's is almost flawless.

I'm willing to concede the last album was a step down but still good by me, yeah.

its funny that this talk comes up while im rediscovering shit cause stuff i love like PE, House of Pain, Heavy D, BDP etc has some greats but some really-not-so-much ones that show how hard it is to stay consistent.

IrishNinja

whoah, the Right Here (Human Nature Mix) was him? didn't know that one, as an MJ fan i loved that cut

always assumed it was whoever produced Anything off the Above the Rim OST with Wu on it, given the samples & all

overcast

Tribe did have a great discog. Cube also had a fucking brilliant early run and I love Westside Connection's Bow Down.

Kendrick could start entering my personal list of his next is dope. I liked OD and loved S.80/GKMC.

IrishNinja

yeah, Kast is such a given unless you're part of ace's "fuck Aquemini" camp

Tribe did have a great discog. Cube also had a fucking brilliant early run and I love Westside Connection's Bow Down.

Kendrick could start entering my personal list of his next is dope. I liked OD and loved S.80/GKMC.

i think a lotta non-tokus on here would agree; 3 great albums and you're in the running for me too. then again, if you're BIG or one of the artists that sadly only lived to see 2 that's okay as well, but if you're just lazily banging duchesses and not releasing shit that's kind've a no-no

Big Boi specifically is impressive.

He has the run of OutKast albums, Speakerboxxx was good (better than LoveBelow), Sir Lucious was great could be argued as classic imo, Vicious Lies was average.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
All this mention of discographies and no mention of Spitta? in the last 3 years he has dropped more quality albums and mixtapes than some legends whole careers.

CRS

All this mention of discographies and no mention of Spitta? in the last 3 years he has dropped more quality albums and mixtapes than some legends whole careers.

No point arguing that because there's people that out right don't like him and call him boring. It's a lost cause for those lost souls.

Esch

Banned
Nah even before then with Smokee Robinson, Jet Files, TanM. Problem is that he lacks a genre defining classic nahmean? But I think PT1 and CC are classic, enzo be damned.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Oh hi, I’m new here and stuff. I just started listening to this urban rapping music. But I’m pretty sure I like know more than everyone else about it. Eminem invented it and stuff, most people don’t know that.

My favorite artist is hopsin. His eyes are so cool, I wonder if he was born that way or if it was just an accident or something. So neato. He is so much better than that Kenny lamark guy.

Musical Taste:
• Pick a coast to rep – I don’t believe in promoting coastal competition. Check your coastal privilege. And Drake the type a dude to have a nightlight in every room.
• Favorite Artist – I don’t believe in the outdated concept of favorite. I prefer the term taste aligned. And Drake the type a dude to get overly excited about ordering blueberry pancakes.
• Best feature killer – I don’t believe in promoting negative language, the word killer offends me. Check your violence privilege. And Drake the type a dude who owns white corduroy pants.
• Favourite producer – I don’t believe in outdated terms like producer. I call them composer creators. And Drake the type a dude who has copies of intouch and people magazine on his coffee table.
• Favourite album – I don’t believe in the word album. It’s from a time where minorities and women were oppressed. I call them sound combinations presented aurally. And Drake the type a dude to call a foul every time he misses a shot.
• What's in your playlist right now? – I don’t believe in making playlists. I create enjoyment sanctioned catalogs. And Drake the type a dude to wrap both arms around your waist when he rides on the back of a motorbike.

GAF-Hop Discusses:
• Rank Kanye's albums: I don’t consider pre Yeezus Kanye an actual artist because he was sucking up to the rap authority. He is finally making good music that appeals to pitchfork, who are my idols.
• Who is the best Wu-Tang member?: The Wu who? Isn’t tang a drink? I thought this was a rapping thread.
• Jay Z or Nas? Jay Z is really good as Beyonce’s backup singer. I don’t know who Nas is. Wasn’t he married to Khalessi or something?
• Biggie or Pac? : Who? Are these wrestlers?
• What’s your dream album/project? My dream group would be Macklemore, Drake, and Childish Gambino. They’d call themselves Three Ply. And they would make music that white girls feel comfortable listening to.
• Who is the next big rapper/producer? I make composer creations on my macbook air’s garage band program that came pre installed. I don’t like bragging but I make better music than anyone except Kanye I think.
• Who is the most overrated/underrated emcee? I don’t approve of the term emcee. It comes from MC, which stands for My Cock. Which comes from a time when men dominated rapping. Check your male privilege.
• Have you been known to eat ass? Eat more ass than Canibus.

Oh I kid I kid. I wouldn't want anyone to take my post too seriously...

I’d say Macklemore is the first rapper with something to say, but Professor Griff already said it.
Oh and Nicki Minaaj is still the worst thing since AIDS.

Salva - Drop That Bitch
is the best song released this year.

Tokubetsu

The Lost Tapes is a mroe depressing Nas album than Nastradamus because if this was early 00s era Nas throwaway songs...imagine the can stuff his dumbass was tossing throughout the rest of his career.

Why can't he just make a decent album anymore guys? I just, I don't understand.

<3 Siddx

IrishNinja

^He did, Life is Good was fantastic

one of my favorite gaf-hoppers returns with the kind've heat that needs to find its way into the next OT hip hop thread, much love m'man - you've been missed <3

siddx

Wasn't sure if I'd post on gaf anymore but gafhop is filled with good peoples, I had to come back. Imma just ignore the rest of the site and come in here once in a while.

Award for song I feel immensely ashamed to enjoy goes to Iggy Isuzu's Fancy.

Drake the type a dude to make a thread because a girl touched his arm.

IrishNinja

i feel like des, but respect ace's wishes if he doesn't wanna fuck with this place at all - shit's still not cool, and i'm reminded that by any threads with ducky/lore personally.

then again i'm a shit for not posting on the other spot, but i've said enough. sid being back is glorious and ima celebrate by listening to When Life Gives You Lemons You Paint That Shit Gold.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Wasn't sure if I'd post on gaf anymore but gafhop is filled with good peoples, I had to come back. Imma just ignore the rest of the site and come in here once in a while.

Award for song I feel immensely ashamed to enjoy goes to Iggy Isuzu's Fancy.

Drake the type a dude to make a thread because a girl touched his arm.

Fuck a siddx

IrishNinja

brehs i know it's been like this for nearly 10 years or so but

every now and then i marvel at the ability we have of going on whatever torrent site & grabbing a complete discography for Pete Rock & CL, DOOM, whoever, at 320 or FLAC or whatever and having it in like 10 minutes or less

i mean, i still remember writing down the 5 mic albums from this month's source to try & debo a few at the mall where i could, now when someone here like kams writes me a list of Spice-1, three 6 etc shit to hit up i can go cop it and in less than an hour have a collection that takes me months to get through...again it's been like this for a minute but i'm still crazy grateful

siddx

i feel like des, but respect ace's wishes if he doesn't wanna fuck with this place at all - shit's still not cool, and i'm reminded that by any threads with ducky/lore personally.

then again i'm a shit for not posting on the other spot, but i've said enough. sid being back is glorious and ima celebrate by listening to When Life Gives You Lemons You Paint That Shit Gold.

I kept trying to get into the habit of posting there, but I just couldn't get into the routine. It's like when you start sleeping with a new girl and even though you are sure you'd grow to like her after a while, you can't help but want to drag your lazy ass back to the dirty ho who already knows how to get you off in 10 seconds flat. You know she's probably giving you about 8 different asshole rotting diseases but fuck it, you are weak.

brehs i know it's been like this for nearly 10 years or so but

every now and then i marvel at the ability we have of going on whatever torrent site & grabbing a complete discography for Pete Rock & CL, DOOM, whoever, at 320 or FLAC or whatever and having it in like 10 minutes or less

i mean, i still remember writing down the 5 mic albums from this month's source to try & debo a few at the mall where i could, now when someone here like kams writes me a list of Spice-1, three 6 etc shit to hit up i can go cop it and in less than an hour have a collection that takes me months to get through...again it's been like this for a minute but i'm still crazy grateful

Being 32, I was a teen during that era of compact discs. I spent so much goddamn money on music, just countless giant CD cases filled with albums. It was twice as hard living overseas as well. How the fuck do I get the newest Spice 1 album while living in Nepal? So yeah, the ability to get anything almost instantly is fucking amazing.

edit:
ibjbq3GUe6xnYG.png

Oh and good for Wiz finally getting Amber some blinders so she can't see other more successful rappers out of her peripheral and get spooked. Might end up panicking and running into traffic. Or another penis.

IrishNinja

man its been bugging me, which classic rapper actually rocked amber rose's now-retarded sunglasses in the day? kane, kool moe dee, someone from x-clan or some shit? i know i seen them shits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom