• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
man its been bugging me, which classic rapper actually rocked amber rose's now-retarded sunglasses in the day? kane, kool moe dee, someone from x-clan or some shit? i know i seen them shits

Almost 100% sure it was Kool Moe Dee

Esch

Banned
Siddx is back

iXIR91LNRbTsa.gif

Esch

Banned
Listening to 'Power of the Dollar' again. I'm pretty sure this is a classic, or near to it brehs.

IMO, 50 Cent really owes some of his career to getting shot. Shit changed his voice so much, made him more unique and distinctive. Without it he basically sounds like a lost LOX member with much better songwriting skills.

Furyous

Is that Maliah?

Mos Def owes back child support allegedly. That's why he got denied entry to the US.

Apparently, Trinidad James shot a video in Brooklyn 4 blocks away from Nostrand and Gates named Def Jam with all his jewelry on. I guess this is his way of squashing rumors that he's scared of Maino.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
BMIA_POSTER_PHIL_DEF.jpg

Beyonce ft. Nathaniel & Busta Rhymes – Partition (DJ Rob Dinero Remix). Busta low key has some of the best ad libs in the game.

Apparently, Trinidad James shot a video in Brooklyn 4 blocks away from Nostrand and Gates named Def Jam with all his jewelry on. I guess this is his way of squashing rumors that he's scared of Maino.
Yeah, song of the summer. Seems more and more like a sneak diss to Maino. The way he emphasizes NEW YORK in the beginning sort of gives me this idea too.

illadelph

As far as discographies go, The Roots, Beastie Boys, and Outkast have released nothing but good material.....hell, Tribe, De La, and Gang Starr come to mind as well

DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince's five-album run as a group is perfect to me, though slept on by most heads

It gets a lot trickier when it comes to solo artists....I feel like it's easier to go in a bad direction when you're on your own; you don't always have your boys to keep you in check.
2Pac and Kanye have never made a bad albums, and Ghostface's discography is really strong as others have mentioned.

tmdorsey

Big Boi specifically is impressive.
He has the run of OutKast albums, Speakerboxxx was good (better than LoveBelow), Sir Lucious was great could be argued as classic imo, Vicious Lies was average.

Wow. I couldn't disagree more.

Spearkerboxxx was terrrrrrible. I don't even count it. Love Below is way superior if you take it for what it is.

But on to the topic, Yeah I would say EPMD, Public Enemy, Outkast, are the ones for me. Honorable mentions to Kanye, Redman, Eminem, and Cube.

Also, glad to have you back round here siddix.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
That Danny Brown Breakfast Club interview is a classic.

I didn't know 50 passed on adding him to G-Unit and then snapped on him *dead*

The STD talk at the end omg
I JUST GOT THIS

HiResDes

That Danny Brown Breakfast Club interview is a classic.

I didn't know 50 passed on adding him to G-Unit and then snapped on him *dead*

The STD talk at the end omg
I JUST GOT THIS

Yeah that's why he was working with Yayo for a while. Danny could make it on a major if he were promoted the right way.

HiResDes

People that dabble in electronic music need to peep the new Darq E Freaker tracks, WOW - https://soundcloud.com/darqefreaker/minger-out-on-numbers/s-macc0

Also, Download Supreme Laziness, a Mixtape From The Celestics aka Kaytranada and His Brother:

Kaytranada said:
Yeah, I actually have a project I’m doing with my brother [Louie P.]. He’s nineteen. He’s really trying to like be in the game or whatever, but he’s a good rapper. It’s under the name The Celestics—that’s my side project. I do the beats and he’s the rapper and we have this mixtape coming out. We just mastered it. It’s more of a hip-hop side of me. Sometimes I wanna make more danceable stuff, and then next I wanna make more hip-hop. It’s like the seasons. Every summer I make dance music.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom

Ab-Soul - "Stigmata ft. Action Bronson & Asaad"

This is off of his new album These Days. First impression is it's a little better than the last couple tracks (Dub sac & Tree of Life), but still pretty boring.

beanman25

This is off of his new album These Days. First impression is it's a little better than the last couple tracks (Dub sac & Tree of Life), but still pretty boring.

Digging this track after one listen. Waiting for a preorder for the album on amazon or the TDE store still.

New Soulo aint bad. Wished he would've went over the beat Soulo, didn't need the Asaad feature (whoever that is). Bronson wasn't bad either tho

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The new Ab-Soul is pretty boring. Soul's delivery and the production makes me yawn. SMH at putting the yawks on that to try and make it go.

- - -

Man.. House Rules might be Slaughterhouse' worst project yet. I think they've actively regressed. Just so unmemorable. They need to stay away from soul samples altogether, the songs always get drawn out because they force all 4 members on the same song. When you have that sort of situation, it sort of further minimizes the inter-group competition.

The production is forgettable and exactly what you'd expect (in a bad way), the hooks are lackluster, the slow tempo songs just get you bored. Slaughterhouse is their best when they're aggressive or making party song, fuck whoever put it in their head that they needed to make everything introspective. They even have a struggle song on there called Struggle.

I got so excited about this line up because I thought it was going to be the same for the LA festival. Checked the site, Imagine dragons and fucking John Mayer are headlining here. What the fuck.
Eh?

LA:

10401769_1406211872995682_426922340_n1-450x450.jpg

10375594_893401974018983_52049859_n-450x450.jpg

beanman25

- - -

Man.. House Rules might be Slaughterhouse' worst project yet. I think they've actively regressed. Just so unmemorable. They need to stay away from soul samples altogether, the songs always get drawn out because they force all 4 members on the same song. When you have that sort of situation, it sort of further minimizes the inter-group competition.

The production is forgettable and exactly what you'd expect (in a bad way), the hooks are lackluster, the slow tempo songs just get you bored. Slaughterhouse is their best when they're aggressive or making party song, fuck whoever put it in their head that they needed to make everything introspective. They even have a struggle song on there called Struggle.

I don't hate this tape at all, but agree with you for the most part. All their high tempo songs are WORLDs better then anything on this tape.

Just out of curiousity, which Slaughterhouse tune is your favorite? Mine is Onslaught 2.

Tokubetsu

I know, just reading that name and that art I'm in for some conspiracy raps.

*puts on foil hat and smokes dmt*

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't hate this tape at all, but agree with you for the most part. All their high tempo songs are WORLDs better then anything on this tape.

Just out of curiousity, which Slaughterhouse tune is your favorite? Mine is Onslaught 2.
Goes back and forth between:

Move On (Remix)
Not Tonight
Onslaught
Slaughterhouse

I might edge Move On. Legitimately one of my faovurite hip-hop songs made in the past decade. Not usually into mellow stuff either.

If you go to the site it has John Mayer as a headliner bruh.

http://www.madeinamericafest.com/mainlanding
Well, Budweiser tweeted that, check the link.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I am most likely late on this, but I just listened to Freeway and Girl Talk's EP. Man, that is going to be in my heavy rotation for a minute.

clokwize

Neo Member
What's up GAF-Hop? I'm brand new, so I'll answer the initiation.

Musical Taste:
• Pick a coast to rep - West Coast all day (G Funk!)
• Favorite Artist - 2Pac
• Best feature killer - Kendrick
• Favourite producer - DJ Premier, Dr. Dre, DJ Quik, Battlecat, Daz Dillinger, Madlib
• Favourite album - The Slim Shady LP or The Infamous
• What's in your playlist right now? - Lil 1/2 Dead, WC, Tha Eastsidaz, Tha Dogg Pound, lots of G Funk stuff..

GAF-Hop Discusses:
• Rank Kanye's albums: 1. Graduation 2. Late Registration 3. MBDTF 3. College Dropout 4. Yeezus 5. 808s
• Who is the best Wu-Tang member? Ghostface
• Jay Z or Nas? Nas easily
• Biggie or Pac? Pac
• What’s your dream album/project? A full-length Black Hippy album
• Who is the next big rapper/producer? Isaiah Rashad
• Who is the most overrated/underrated emcee? Overrated: Jay Z Underrated: WC
• Have you been known to eat ass? Nah haha.

What's up GAF-Hop? I'm brand new, so I'll answer the initiation.

Musical Taste:
• Pick a coast to rep - West Coast all day (G Funk!)
• Favorite Artist - 2Pac
• Best feature killer - Kendrick
• Favourite producer - DJ Premier, Dr. Dre, DJ Quik, Battlecat, Daz Dillinger, Madlib
• Favourite album - The Slim Shady LP or The Infamous
• What's in your playlist right now? - Lil 1/2 Dead, WC, Tha Eastsidaz, Tha Dogg Pound, lots of G Funk stuff..

GAF-Hop Discusses:
• Rank Kanye's albums: 1. Graduation 2. Late Registration 3. MBDTF 3. College Dropout 4. Yeezus 5. 808s
• Who is the best Wu-Tang member? Ghostface
• Jay Z or Nas? Nas easily
• Biggie or Pac? Pac
• What’s your dream album/project? A full-length Black Hippy album
• Who is the next big rapper/producer? Isaiah Rashad
• Who is the most overrated/underrated emcee? Overrated: Jay Z Underrated: WC
• Have you been known to eat ass? Nah haha.

We got another real one. Welcome my brother.
Kcia6YC.gif

Speaking of dated listens. I listened to Reasonable Doubt yesterday....just kidding(mostly) about it being dated just wanted to mess with Esch.

The chorus on "Can't Knock The Hustle" is ultra 90's, and I don't mean that in any sort of good way. The scarface inspired skits are pretty cringeworthy too, but besides that it aged pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom