• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Battle rapper Cadalack Ron shoots up heroin mid battle

i5ciAQRVt1TCb.gif

The chorus on "Can't Knock The Hustle" is ultra 90's, and I don't mean that in any sort of good way.

i5ciAQRVt1TCb.gif

I know it's not a popular opinion obviously, I just can't like it. Used to just skip it cause it would leave a bad taste in my mouth for Politics As Usual.

What's up GAF-Hop? I'm brand new, so I'll answer the initiation.

Musical Taste:
• Pick a coast to rep - West Coast all day (G Funk!)
• Favorite Artist - 2Pac
• Best feature killer - Kendrick
• Favourite producer - DJ Premier, Dr. Dre, DJ Quik, Battlecat, Daz Dillinger, Madlib
• Favourite album - The Slim Shady LP or The Infamous
• What's in your playlist right now? - Lil 1/2 Dead, WC, Tha Eastsidaz, Tha Dogg Pound, lots of G Funk stuff..

GAF-Hop Discusses:
• Rank Kanye's albums: 1. Graduation 2. Late Registration 3. MBDTF 3. College Dropout 4. Yeezus 5. 808s
• Who is the best Wu-Tang member? Ghostface
• Jay Z or Nas? Nas easily
• Biggie or Pac? Pac
• What’s your dream album/project? A full-length Black Hippy album
• Who is the next big rapper/producer? Isaiah Rashad
• Who is the most overrated/underrated emcee? Overrated: Jay Z Underrated: WC
• Have you been known to eat ass? Nah haha.
My ninja.

Welcome.

Esch

Banned
Only questionable song on RD is Ain't No N*gga because the bouncy ass beat didn't age well. It's still a pretty interesting song as far as concept goes. Like some of the best songs on the album it's probably one of the best examples of Call and Response in the rap music genre. Certainly the only one i can remember being an even minor hit.

Only questionable song on RD is Ain't No N*gga because the bouncy ass beat didn't age well. It's still a pretty interesting song as far as concept goes. Like some of the best songs on the album it's probably one of the best examples of Call and Response in the rap music genre. Certainly the only one i can remember being an even minor hit.

Beyonce came to mind when that track hit. I was mildly amused.

IrishNinja

yeah, Cant Knock the Hustle = timeless, shit aint even debatable

again this was like that dude on Big Ghostface's twitter last week talmbout A Million & One being a weak primo beat

i5ciAQRVt1TCb.gif

Furyous

I skipped the first page my first few times in here.

Oh well, better late than never...

Musical Taste:
• Pick a coast to rep - Midwest (Cleveland over your favorite city)
• Favorite Artist - Yeezus
• Best feature killer - Killer Mike
• Favourite producer - Just Blaze
• Favourite album - This needs a qualifier. We talking of all-time? I fucks with Vol. 3 by Hov. That album has everything even an old 50 Cent diss.
• What's in your playlist right now? - Some old Finally Famous B.I.G. Sean, some Pledge 2 Killer Mike, T-Pain, and Locksmith.

GAF-Hop Discusses:
• Rank Kanye's albums:

LR
Graduation
Watch The Throne
Late Orchestration
808s and Heartbreaks
Yeezus

• Who is the best Wu-Tang member?
Method Man

• Jay Z or Nas?
Hov. Keep your egyptian history raps and SDNL to yourself. Nas is a legend but he's had some suspect moments.

• Biggie or Pac?

Pac is an icon.

• What’s your dream album/project?
Jay, Nas, and Eminem collaborate on an album called legends never die with production from Pete Rock, Preemo, Kanye, Saalam Remi, DJ Khalil, Just Blaze, Justice League, 9th Wonder and Timbaland. Eminem leaves the voices, production, and thesaurus rap behind. This is a triple album with songs that fit the theme of the album, club tracks, and a final disc with nothing but bars.

• Who is the next big rapper/producer?
It's too early to tell. Big rapper and producer is a very ambiguous concept as it's impossible to predict who will become popular.

• Who is the most overrated/underrated emcee?
Locksmith

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
New ab soul song? Lemmie listen to it real qui...zzzzzzz

Still haven't heard more than 20 seconds of tree of life. I've tried, like a dozen times, but I always think of something I'd rather listen to, like dying cats or old people angrily sucking dick with their dentures out, and end up hitting the forward button.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Hello GAF-Hop! can you guys recommend me artists similar to Asap Ferg? Really enjoyed his album.
Ferg's gotta unique sound but check out Travi$ Scott - Owl Pharaoh. It's another atypical MC with hype production and some good swag anthems. It's divisive around here but you might like it if you're into Trap Lord.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Speaking of Ferg I've been really eager to hear the new track Jungle that he teased on Instagram last month. Sounds dope as fuck. I'm guessing it's on that new Mob album that's been coming soon forever.

http://instagram.com/p/mofkqXrA8e/ 🔥🔥

Des, have you heard Samurai Neito? Found him on Soundcloud recently, he produces some nice beats. Might be up your alley.

http://soundcloud.com/thenexthokage/before-i-die-prod-vibevoka
http://soundcloud.com/thenexthokage/koi-ponds-prod-gxgeta-x-neito

HiResDes

Speaking of Ferg I've been really eager to hear the new track Jungle that he teased on Instagram last month. Sounds dope as fuck. I'm guessing it's on that new Mob album that's been coming soon forever.

http://instagram.com/p/mofkqXrA8e/ 🔥🔥

Des, have you heard Samurai Neito? Found him on Soundcloud recently, he produces some nice beats. Might be up your alley.

http://soundcloud.com/thenexthokage/before-i-die-prod-vibevoka
http://soundcloud.com/thenexthokage/koi-ponds-prod-gxgeta-x-neito

YES, exactly up my alley, bless

Unrelated, but Complex stole Sunhi's BASED GIF

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Hello GAF-Hop! can you guys recommend me artists similar to Asap Ferg? Really enjoyed his album.

As codhand said, the sound is pretty unique, which is probably why it took me so long to warm up to it.
Des's recommendations are close to the sound but not exactly the same. And a few of those dudes are amateur tier as fuck. Travis Scott has a few songs that sound pretty dead on for ferg's style, but thats largely because Scott has no sound of his own, he just imitates everything else out there.

If you haven't heard it, Asap Rocky's mixtape Live.Love.Asap has a similar feel, just less aggressive. It's also the best thing that little crew of actors have put out.

Speaking of dated listens. I listened to Reasonable Doubt yesterday....just kidding(mostly) about it being dated just wanted to mess with Esch.

The chorus on "Can't Knock The Hustle" is ultra 90's, and I don't mean that in any sort of good way. The scarface inspired skits are pretty cringeworthy too, but besides that it aged pretty well.

The skits were terrible, and I'm not a real fan of "Can't Knock The Hustle". Otherwise? Deserving of it's status as one of the greatest rap albums of all time.

Speaking of dated listens. I listened to Reasonable Doubt yesterday....just kidding(mostly) about it being dated just wanted to mess with Esch.

The chorus on "Can't Knock The Hustle" is ultra 90's, and I don't mean that in any sort of good way. The scarface inspired skits are pretty cringeworthy too, but besides that it aged pretty well.

I love the chorus on Can't Knock The Hustle actually, it's a perfect new jack swing hook to me.

Can't Knock the Hustle is amazing.

The skits are alright, the best one is the beginning of "Brooklyn's Finest"

Esch

Banned
on the new Ye album:

Update: A source says that as of two-weeks ago, there's 12 songs on the album. Out of six heard, it's "mostly a mixture of soul samples and tamed 'Yeezus'-esque darkness... nothing abrasive."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/the-juice/6099072/everything-we-know-kanye-west-2014-album

Yea, I figured as much. Ye wants a part of that big boy rapper mogul cake dude. You can't marry a Kardashian and shy from making some pop music, cmon now.

Can't Knock the Hustle is amazing.

The skits are alright, the best one is the beginning of "Brooklyn's Finest"

Can't Knock the Hustle is amazing not just because it's a great song; it also sets the tone for the career pretty much all in one song. The double entendres, the swag rap/bragadoccio, the baller imagery, the cross-genre collaboration... Plus the theme of the song; that you shouldn't judge/hate on how people make their money. That you should go out there, and grab it, the aspiration to something greater

We get together like a choir, to acquire what we desire/
We do dirt like worms, produce G's like sperm

smh @ that topic about brag/swag rap in the OT. dudes posting songs from dusty 00s backpack rappers and shit

Who else even makes tracks like that though? I mean judging by the OP of that thread, it's not about flossin' tracks but about "i'm doper than you" tracks. Pretty much the bread and butter of backpack and "rappity rap" artists.

Esch

Banned
Who else even makes tracks like that though? I mean judging by the OP of that thread, it's not about flossin' tracks but about "i'm doper than you" tracks. Pretty much the bread and butter of backpack and "rappity rap" artists.
You know what? You're right.

I feel like GAF would really fuck with KOTD as a league if they were put on to it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom