• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

illadelph

Who has dumber punchlines, Papoose or Riff Raff?

Real Papoose punchlines:

"I got more wins than a hurricane"

"You lost like a person without a map"

"i bump niccas off they grind, i be bumpin an grindin"

"i shoot you in your forehead five times and turn your forehead to a fivehead"

"I get more butt than an excuse"

"I'll pop a cap in ya hand and leave you handicap."

987.gif

Riff Raff wins by default because he doesn't take himself seriously. Like, in his heart, he probably KNOWS he's wack but stays in his lane. Papoose delivers shit like the above lines and thinks he just shit on the whole game...

big ander

Soul art's like a late 90s to mid aughts post-hardcore or nu metal album cover. Could see that for a Brand New record, or a Staind album.
Really like the first track. I don't think it sounds a ton like badbad beyond the jazzy elements. plus where those are the base in bbng, here they seem to be part of the blend, with the core being deep house. and overall I think it's more orchestral than just jazzy. Still, I definitely want to hear this whole thing and the album art's fantastic. Thanks for the tip.

Tokubetsu

Soul art's like a late 90s to mid aughts post-hardcore or nu metal album cover. Could see that for a Brand New record, or a Staind album.

Really like the first track. I don't think it sounds a ton like badbad beyond the jazzy elements. plus where those are the base in bbng, here they seem to be part of the blend, with the core being deep house. and overall I think it's more orchestral than just jazzy. Still, I definitely want to hear this whole thing and the album art's fantastic. Thanks for the tip.

Yea I gave this a quick listen and BBNG are way more..jammy than this.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
It wouldn't be a hires aoty unless nobody has heard of it. Gotta be some zebra symphony children's orchestra proto-Zulu numetaldubhouse hybrid rap. That's why we love you des.

Papoose is so wack there is no metaphor for him. Papoose is the papoose of rap.

HiResDes

Yeah super spot on, I just used BBNG as a hook.

Cool. Cause Control Systems is polarizing to me for whatever reason. Sometimes I think it's fantastic, other listens I think it's mediocre. Hopefully this new one is better, and not like OxyMoron where it was good but of the same quality as the previous release.

HiResDes

Cool. Cause Control Systems is polarizing to me for whatever reason. Sometimes I think it's fantastic, other listens I think it's mediocre. Hopefully this new one is better, and not like OxyMoron where it was good but of the same quality as the previous release.
Oxymoron is not of the same quality as HnC.

siddx

Yeah it took me a long time to get into it, but HmC is a great fucking album. Far better than oxymoron, which I listened to for less than a week and then never bothered with again.

And I know I already said it but its do bad it needs to be said again. Animal Ambition is so fucking bad it makes me want to kick orphan babies in the fucking face.

Oxymoron is not of the same quality as HnC.

Both had high highs but were full of filler IMO. Q is the kind of guy who needs someone to really control him if he were ever to drop a truly great album. Which I don't think will happen.

EDIT: Also, 50 Cent's been played out. GRODT was a decent record, but everything else has been low level at best. Not surprised Animal Ambition is just some Flabby N Sick return.

DeadTsar

Saw Schoolboy Q and Isaiah Rashad live yesterday, Q puts on a banging show.
A lot more energy than what I was expecting - Yay Yay, Man of the Year and Oxymoron live shuts shit down

Esch

Banned
Real Papoose punchlines:

"I got more wins than a hurricane"

"You lost like a person without a map"

"i bump niccas off they grind, i be bumpin an grindin"

"i shoot you in your forehead five times and turn your forehead to a fivehead"

"I get more butt than an excuse"

"I'll pop a cap in ya hand and leave you handicap."

I can never tell if people are bullshitting these lines or not

I'm able to push the maybach like an extra day in April.

Linkhero1

Odd request or maybe not? I'm heading out to a wedding about an hour away and I need some driving music to pump me up before I dance my ass off. I was wondering if my fellow gaffers could help me.

big ander

I gotta go back to HnC. Was in constant rotation for a long time especially summer 2012, but I haven't played it all the way through for over a year. Can't see it falling to Oxymoron's mediocrity though

Any reactions to the Meyhem Lauren yet?
I haven't listened to BBNG's new record, how is it? I love their first.
From seeing other reactions, I think it depends what you love about them. If you were into their first two records mainly for the hype jazz translation of hip-hop, III's likely to let you down. But if you also enjoyed their previous original songs and/or their reworkings of Joy Division an MBV the new one should be good for you. It's all original songs, and they use the jazz trio basics to make something part hip-hop, part post-rock. I think they were a bit shaky trying something completely new so it doesn't have quite the punk energy of the first two but it's still badass, one of my favorites of the year. hoping BBNG4 or IV will be original songs and wild.
Odd request or maybe not? I'm heading out to a wedding about an hour away and I need some driving music to pump me up before I dance my ass off. I was wondering if my fellow gaffers could help me.
any boom bap. easy rhythms to catch

siddx

Fuck music. Have a few shots of whiskey and you'll be down to dance to anything.I got down to Kelly Clarkson tonight. You know why? Not because I like that American idol biotch. But because I drank a shitload of whiskey tonight.

Linkhero1

any boom bap. easy rhythms to catch
Anyone in particular?

check out and download some of Blackace's ace mixes. that way you don't have to fiddle around with songs and the like.

http://www.acemixes.com/
Thanks Esch.

Fuck music. Have a few shots of whiskey and you'll be down to dance to anything.I got down to Kelly Clarkson tonight. You know why? Not because I like that American idol biotch. But because I drank a shitload of whiskey tonight.

lmao my man.

big ander

Chance at Sasquatch covers... the Arthur theme song
it's actually kinda fun?
Anyone in particular?
hmm I dunno I was playing some Smif-n-Wessum earlier this week. Siddx probably had the best advice though haha
I'm digging it. old school beats. pretty mellow and chill. some weak features and not every track works, but on the whole, its dope.
cool, I'll check it out this weekend.
giantbomb compared killer mike + el-p to toe jam & earl... i can see it
too spot on.

Furyous

Who has dumber punchlines, Papoose or Riff Raff?

Pap got bars:

"My gun got fired so much, it needs another job"

I'm a AfriCAN not a AfriCANT!!

This girl said she recognized me from the vegetarian club, but I'd never met herbivore.

SHOOT HIM IN HIS HIP, CALL IT HIP HOP

I smoke so much weed, i fart weed smoke

I'll throw the book at ya face, thats how you'll really get face booked.

"Screaming you the best but yo ain't no Khaled, I got a bird in the car but it ain't no parrot"

"My gun is like a jeweler coz it make your ear-ring"

"I'm an ex-boxer but I have ps3"

"I wore old bombers way before Michelle and Barack"

"They Know I Stay With The Strap Like Parts Spelled Backwards"

"You won't hear a thing when P banging that toaster. P move in silence just like the "p" in pneumonia"

We can't talk about riff raft without the Ebro slander:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaUfN5eMWbk

You can hear the swishahouse influences in Riff Raff.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
mc4Ga9G.gif

I can't believe they announced this EP back in September 2012 and it took this fucking long for the song to release. Mos still got it.
People shouldn't sleep on those remixes Mannie Fresh was playing either.

The way he flipped California Love, Back Dat Azz Up, Good Life, Friends and more.

obama_sweating.jpg

Tokubetsu

Trying not to wear out this Riff Raff album before June 24th gonna be hard. He should just let it go now. Give me an itunes version or something damn.

BpAE_1QCUAADO3n.png

BpADK-yIEAAjXG7.jpg

Kendrick bought his first house. $524,000.

Guess he didn't feel the need to stunt and decided to play his cards right just in case shit goes down hill.

That's a #Humble crib tho

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ab-Soul is dropping in less than a month? With a bland as fuck single where he's rapping like Wayne at his worst like Stigmata? That they couldn't open a budget big enough for a full video for? And negative buzz on top of that? Good luck.
Will probably do better than Danny Brown

50 Cent on The Breakfast Club. Another classic interview.

Also, just finished listening to Animal Ambition. The very definition of mediocre. Thing is, all of the great songs have an old-school NYC vibe and that's what makes them great (similar story on BISD, but BISD was a bit more consistent), and they're legitimately good songs (Hold On, Pilot, Irregular Heartbeat, Chase The Paper). Maybe 50 is best settling into the position Mobb Deep is in. Then you have a stray of songs that either sound like they could've been something until they were forced to be single-esque (Smoke with Trey Songz' terrible verse, Twisted, etc) or just have a terrible Kidd Kidd verse (Everytime I Come Around). Then there are a bunch of terrible/corny songs like Animal Ambition, Hustler, Winners Circle.

It really is a grab bag of great, meh and ugh. Production is a hit 75% of the time, which is about right for 50. I don't think any of the songs are exceptional really but Hold On and Irregular Heartbeat are the highlights. This is arguably 50's worst album.

Adrien Broner can rap when he want to, don't sleep. Troy Ave is hot, New York(hip-hop) needs him.
New York doesn't need Troy Ave. Troy Ave is proving people who talk down about NY hip-hop right, and the scene would be exactly the same without him. Major outlets would be better off jumping on Action Bronson's dick than Ave's like they are currently.

Esch

Banned
yup. at least action bronson, despite his many failings is an entertaining guy. say what you want but hes probably one of the most hilarious/wtf inducing personalities in this genre out of NY since... Cam'ron? maybe.

BpAE_1QCUAADO3n.png

BpADK-yIEAAjXG7.jpg

Guess he didn't feel the need to stunt and decided to play his cards right just in case shit goes down hill.

Kendrick is making the right moves. That house is more than big enough for two young adults. He can even build a studio inside of there.

I get the impression he's learning a lot from Dre.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The only problem I have with the Ebro/RiFF RaFF conversation is that he went much harder on RiFF RaFF than he did Migos while making pretty much the exact same arguments.

Kendrick is making the right moves. That house is more than big enough for two young adults. He can even build a studio inside of there.

I get the impression he's learning a lot from Dre.

I remember hearing him say Dre told him something like anyone can buy a mansion, but not everyone can maintain one.

Esch

Banned
Animal Ambition is terrible. Production all over the place/mostly garbage beats, no direction/cohesion whatsoever, Kidd Kidd, just unremarkable. He lost his ability to make shit that gets your head nodding too. 1 mic.

Furyous

BpAE_1QCUAADO3n.png

BpADK-yIEAAjXG7.jpg

Where y'all getting a 524K valuation from? That shit better have a bat cave, underground power system, or bunker with supplies for 600 years. I'm more of a condo type dude but that's just me.

Esch

Banned
Where y'all getting a 524K valuation from? That shit better have a bat cave, underground power system, or bunker with supplies for 600 years. I'm more of a condo type dude but that's just me.
This is California right? I can see even a small house like that going for something that high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom