• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
That house would be like 6-700k where I live. And where I live is not as nice as Cali.

You can't estimate that shit from a picture.

Just got back from DoFP. Fucking delivered.
I watched it yesterday. It was entertaining but I didn't really feel satisfied, I don't know. Some shit is just way too convenient and other shit just leaves you wanting more (not in the good way).

Furyous

If its in Cali 524k for that is actually pretty cheap.

524K is cheap in Cali? What the fuck? Then again *looks at census statistics*

No offense but fuck that housing market. I'll keep it 1hunnid and live out in hippie, Oregon or some shit where rent is below that NYC threshold of draining your pockets for the privilege of living there. Shout out to Oregon.

I expected more for a house with that price tag.

500k can go far in Cali in ok neighborhoods but if you pluck that house up and place it in most other states it'd be closer to 100k if not less or at least be in a really nice community.

My parents 3 bedroom in a below average neighborhood was mid 300s.

Tokubetsu

500k can go far in Cali in ok neighborhoods but if you pluck that house up and place it in most other states it'd be closer to 100k if not less or at least be in a really nice community.

My parents 3 bedroom in a below average neighborhood was mid 300s.

Yeah that's a solid crib but if you're get something like that, might as well just go outside of cali and spend like 200k less.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
You pay for location. It's the same thing anywhere you go in the world. I live in district 1 here in Vietnam and it's the center of the city so prices are twice that of a similar apartment in a district that isn't centralized and requires a commute or is less developed.

Plus paying a little more to not have to live in hipster infested Oregon or the hell hole that is the Midwest is worth it. Kendrick is winning.

siddx

Oregon is hipster infested compared to....Cali?

Hmmmmmmmmm

More hipsters in cali due to a larger population. But percentage of population that is hipster is higher in Oregon. Last official census had it at 99.9%. Admittedly, there is a larger variety if terrible people in California.

I watched it yesterday. It was entertaining but I didn't really feel satisfied, I don't know. Some shit is just way too convenient and other shit just leaves you wanting more (not in the good way).
:yeshrug: It clicked for me. The visuals, the nods to continuity, even how they implemented Quicksilver's much maligned character was great imo. I felt
like the previous 15 hours spent watching the series were validated.

big ander

More hipsters in cali due to a larger population. But percentage of population that is hipster is higher in Oregon. Last official census had it at 99.9%. Admittedly, there is a larger variety if terrible people in California.

having just moved here from the midwest, 1) all those various terrible people are driving and they fucking suck at driving 2) the midwest is great step off I already miss it

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Oregon is hipster infested compared to....Cali?

Hmmmmmmmmm

Fuck yes. People forget places like Oakland, Long Beach and Sacramento are Cali. It's not just Orange County and San Fran. Meanwhile, if you're in Oregon, you're a hipster. Like, there are two old dudes who have a washboard for cleaning because they can't afford a machine, but even they're talking about how their wood washboards are better than the new metal ones, because they're more authentic, of course.

cdyhybrid

Fuck yes. People forget places like Oakland, Long Beach and Sacramento are Cali. It's not just Orange County and San Fran. Meanwhile, if you're in Oregon, you're a hipster. Like, there are two old dudes who have a washboard for cleaning because they can't afford a machine, but even they're talking about how their wood washboards are better than the new metal ones, because they're more authentic, of course.
Oregon is Kentucky outside of Portland.

siddx

So is "Dr.dre is a woman beater" the new angle these idiots are taking? It just really fucking pisses some people off that a black rapper "thug" is a billionaire now. Fucking idiots.

IrishNinja

that's a nice house but damn, fuck cali prices
and yeah, that chicago rapper shit...smh

So is "Dr.dre is a woman beater" the new angle these idiots are taking? It just really fucking pisses some people off that a black rapper "thug" is a billionaire now. Fucking idiots.

i love how it's only trendy to say that now that he's ballin outta control

cdyhybrid

"I was totally going to make a thread calling him out on it, but I decided not to. It's totally coincidence that I bring it up now that he's involved with my favorite company."

Listening to the Cocaine Piñata vinyl with some friends and this shit sounds so good.

I thought the mixing on the CD made the vocals sound muddy but that is not the case here
YlVGJ.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Fassbender's performance was so much better in First Class, and they kind of made (young) Magneto 2D again and stripped him of his complexity, which I didn't like.
Charles's consciousness travelling through time because the writers were too lazy to create a proper epiphany
was the main reason I can't fuck with that movie 100%. Not only that, but after the Quicksilver scene, the action takes a decline for the rest of the film. Not sure if this is a fault of the film exactly, but I really didn't think there were enough Future scenes either.

Just underwhelming. I was entertained, and it's a good film, but considering how epic the story it sources is, they kind of fumbled in more places than one.

siddx

Fassbender's performance was so much better in First Class, and they kind of made (young) Magneto 2D again and stripped him of his complexity, which I didn't like.
Charles's consciousness travelling through time because the writers were too lazy to create a proper epiphany
was the main reason I can't fuck with that movie 100%. Not only that, but after the Quicksilver scene, the action takes a decline for the rest of the film. Not sure if this is a fault of the film exactly, but I really didn't think there were enough Future scenes either.

Just underwhelming. I was entertained, and it's a good film, but considering how epic the story it sources is, they kind of fumbled in more places than one.

Yeah I agree. I was entertained but there were issues. I didn't like how much the x men got bitch slapped around by the sentinals. I get that they are supposed to be badass mutant killers but it was so one sided it made the x men look weak as hell. And outside of the quicksilver and final battle most of the action seemed to be either mystique just kicking people on the face with her ridiculous fighting moves or the x men getting slapped around like children. On a personal level, I cant fucking stand young beast. I wanna hit that actor in the face with a shovel every time his face was on screen. Cap 2 was way better and I won't be surprised at all if guardians is better as well. 7/10 movie. Will rent again when bored.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Also the
Future Sentinels
look stupid as fuck. Not only that, but Singer decided to make them look and fight as much like
The Destroyer
as possible. No
Nimrod
from what I saw (though I could be wrong) is even more disappointing, but the movie has already too much trouble juggling characters. I kept expecting
Quicksilver to come back later in the film, maybe even stop the bullet coming at Magneto
but nope, YOU ALREADY HAD TOO MUCH FUN WITH THIS CHARACTER EARLIER, NO MORE FOR YOU.

7/10 is about right.

IrishNinja

so many storylines were given nods, the ass-kicking bio-sentinels were obviously taken from Grant Morrison's classic run, minus Casandra Nova. yeah, you had to forgive the deus ex'ing of Xavier's time travel astral projection, but you know? Singer put in work to push past the atrocity that was X-Men 3, so there's no way i can be mad at that.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
so many storylines were given nods, the ass-kicking bio-sentinels were obviously taken from Grant Morrison's classic run, minus Casandra Nova. yeah, you had to forgive the deus ex'ing of Xavier's time travel astral projection, but you know? Singer put in work to push past the atrocity that was X-Men 3, so there's no way i can be mad at that.
This is why I can't hate the movie. Super minor quibble but
the new timeline they created being so conveniently similar to the old one and "clean" especially considering the final scene with Mystique/Stryker is strange. The film is just way too messy and doesn't really give a fuck about being coherent. Which is okay since comic book stories take liberties wherever they want, but this is exactly what gave us X3 in the first place.

This is why I can't hate the movie. Super minor quibble but
the new timeline they created being so conveniently similar to the old one and "clean" especially considering the final scene with Mystique/Stryker is strange. The film is just way too messy and doesn't really give a fuck about being coherent. Which is okay since comic book stories take liberties wherever they want, but this is exactly what gave us X3 in the first place.

I think that can probably be explained by the comment beast made regarding time travel acting like a drop in a river or something

I'm just going to drop the I Am... tracklist i mentioned earlier here, because I'm assuming no one had any idea about what I was talking about. There's a pretty good chance this isn't the actual original I Am... double album tracklist, but it works well enough for me to think that it might be. Someone else needs to check this out:

Disc 1:
1. Fetus (Lost Tapes)
2. NY State of Mind II (I Am)
3. Life Is What You Make It (I Am)
4. Small World (I Am)
5. The Hardest Thing To Do Is Stay Alive (Unreleased)
6. Poppa Was A Playa (Lost Tapes)
7. Nas Is Like (I Am)
8. Blaze a 50 (Lost Tapes)
9. Favor For A Favor (I Am)
10. We Will Survive (I Am)
11. Some of Us Have Angels (Nastradamus)
12. Project Windows (Nastradamus)
13. Day Dreamin', Stay Schemin' (Unreleased)
14. Sometimes I Wonder (Unreleased)
15. Undying Love (I Am)

Disc 2:
1. Afterlife (Unreleased)
2. Amongst Kings (Unreleased)
3. Life We Chose (Nastradamus)
4. Drunk By Myself (Lost Tapes)
5. Pray (Unreleased)
6. God Love Us (Nastradamus)
7. Ghetto Prisoners (I Am)
8. Last Words (Nastradamus)
9. Family (Nastradamus)
10. Come Get Me (Nastradamus)
11. Find Ya Wealth (Unreleased)
12. U Gotta Love It (Lost Tapes)
13. Wanna Play (rough?) (Unreleased)
14. The Rise and Fall (Unreleased)
15. My Worst Enemy (Unreleased)

Playlist on YouTube but it's missing a couple of tracks

So what do you guys think?

Th original I Am would have been a great double album, one of the best in fact. Honestly if you just take 3-4 songs off the album we got and replace them with unreleased or Nastradamus tracks it would be dope. That whole ordeal was quite pivotal in Nas' career. If the original I Am had come out, Nastradamus would never be released and Jay would not have had an argument against Nas in 2000/2001. Nas would have just released a dope double album that sold six million records (the I Am we got sold 3mil, if it was a double album it would be counted as 6mil). He'd be on top of the world

Fucking Napster...

wait, what did napster have to do with I Am?

Nas' label passed out a 13 track sampler for I Am, to various industry people. Subsequently it was leaked onto Napster and similar p2p shit, and Nas decided to re-record the album instead of release what was planned: a double album. The label was fine with this decision, however a year later when Nas again wanted to re-record new songs for another album the label balked; they wanted him to just release the leaked content. Nas got his way and Nastradamus was released.

Esch

Banned
feelings on that new 50?

Animal Ambition is terrible. Production all over the place/mostly garbage beats, no direction/cohesion whatsoever, Kidd Kidd, just unremarkable. He lost his ability to make shit that gets your head nodding too. 1 mic.

Pretty much havent changed. I bumped it whilst doing some rounds today, shit sucks.

wait, what did napster have to do with I Am?

Rappers do stupid things when they find out their shit leaked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom