• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellion

IMO what happened to SB was justified if "Q" from Worldstar was there it would have been the same.

I could care less, but then I'm not the 50 hater that wakes up the next morn' asking where the aggressive content was(lulz) when his enemies was on stage last night.

Drake sounds so salty and insecure on these randomly dropped tracks. Pretty sure he only does it to see it trend on twitter, which is like a pat on the back for him.

Esch

Banned
Drake sounds so salty and insecure on these randomly dropped tracks. Pretty sure he only does it to see it trend on twitter, which is like a pat on the back for him.
Yeah. Like I said when NWTS dropped dude is already in his Blueprint 2 phase and it's really eye rolling. Bitching about being under appreciated, shots at old guys, just really bitter and lame.

Dude's like the cool guy at the party with everything but nothing makes him happy anymore. Not the money, not the bitches, not the dickriders..."fuk that happy to be here shit".

Gotta disagree with you guys, I would take an album of 5 am in Torontos over NWTS any day. Not that his last album was bad but I remember when he was dropping those harder (at least for him) tracks leading up to its release I was getting pretty hyped...and then we got more traditional Drake. Obviously what he does now is what sells and I understand that but a braggadocio album from him would be cool.

Yeah. Like I said when NWTS dropped dude is already in his Blueprint 2 phase and it's really eye rolling. Bitching about being under appreciated, shots at old guys, just really bitter and lame.

Dude's like the cool guy at the party with everything but nothing makes him happy anymore. Not the money, not the bitches, not the dickriders..."fuk that happy to be here shit".

Yup really was crystallized on the song where he says he'd show up at a class reunion and be a dick just to get revenge on those that mistreated him. Dude just comes off as corny, like the high school nerd who won a class action lawsuit and now wants to stunt on the popular kids.

Drake probably has old classmates suck his dick while he reminds her of that one time she promised to kiss him if he did her homework, then reneged.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I really don't know what Drake is doing with these random singles/remixes either. They're not pushing OVO Sound hard enough, not pushing Drake hard enough.. what is it doing besides adding some filler to his discography and potentially hurting his brand? He's too big to be doing this out of the blue. Yeah it brought Versace to the light, but everything else has been a miss.

Gotta disagree with you guys, I would take an album of 5 am in Torontos over NWTS any day. Not that his last album was bad but I remember when he was dropping those harder (at least for him) tracks leading up to its release I was getting pretty hyped...and then we got more traditional Drake. Obviously what he does now is what sells and I understand that but a braggadocio album from him would be cool.
I would too, but they're completely different from what he's been doing recently. Both of those ended up on official releases in some form or another anyways.

PBY

Banned
I really don't know what Drake is doing with these random singles/remixes either. They're not pushing OVO Sound hard enough, not pushing Drake hard enough.. what is it doing besides adding some filler to his discography and potentially hurting his brand? He's too big to be doing this out of the blue. Yeah it brought Versace to the light, but everything else has been a miss.

Naw, he hit with Draft Day and We Made It.

JohnDoe

Banned
Yup really was crystallized on the song where he says he'd show up at a class reunion and be a dick just to get revenge on those that mistreated him. Dude just comes off as corny, like the high school nerd who won a class action lawsuit and now wants to stunt on the popular kids.

Drake probably has old classmates suck his dick while he reminds her of that one time she promised to kiss him if he did her homework, then reneged.

Hahaha yeah, that shit was so corny. Even for Drake.

I don't even want a g-unit reunion. New 50 was boring and I dunno what banks has been up to

Buck tho. Dudes gotta put some stuff out. Maybe a joint EP with starlito

Also did somebody mention jay elec? Why must you do this enzo. It always hurts.

Esch

Banned
I really don't know what Drake is doing with these random singles/remixes either. They're not pushing OVO Sound hard enough, not pushing Drake hard enough.. what is it doing besides adding some filler to his discography and potentially hurting his brand? He's too big to be doing this out of the blue. Yeah it brought Versace to the light, but everything else has been a miss..

Nothing wrong with that. rappers used to jump on other people's shit all the time for freestyles and shit, doesn't detract from their greatness. This kind of strikes me as an odd complaint enzo, given that i'm sure you waited at your computer ready to eat off every single G.O.O.D. Friday type one-off.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Nothing wrong with that. rappers used to jump on other people's shit all the time for freestyles and shit, doesn't detract from their greatness. This kind of strikes me as an odd complaint enzo, given that i'm sure you waited at your computer ready to eat off every single G.O.O.D. Friday type one-off.
I think Drake is bigger than this. See when Jay does it (now) it's calculated. Same with Ye (except with Jay it's more about rejuvinating his brand and Ye it's whoever he fucks with musically). I guess that just shows the power of being able to feed this stuff directly to your audience though.

I concede that Trophies, etc. resonated with the fanbase though, and for that reason it's probably a net plus. Didn't know about the NBA thing,

I'd agree with Enzo if this was 1999 and remixes were events that happened every so often, but the internet changed things. He's hot right now, and the audience loves to be fed. There's a fine line between jumping on every remix/looking like a bum (Busta) and doing absolutely nothing to keep your name on people's minds (Cole). Drake isn't hurting his brand, he's displaying its strength. If Wayne isn't at a saturation point yet, Drake has nothing to worry about.

Jay-Z-so-so.gif

Esch

Banned
I think Drake is bigger than this. See when Jay does it (now) it's calculated. Same with Ye (except with Jay it's more about rejuvinating his brand and Ye it's whoever he fucks with musically). I guess that just shows the power of being able to feed this stuff directly to your audience though.
It's not that serious breh. Drake is just following in the footsteps of his idol Jay-Z; dude understands the importance of holding people down summers with little bits and pieces here and there. Most successful modern artists do except for J.Cole and Wale.

big ander

ot sorta: HRD this Pelago/Grenier record's a good chillout album. I like that it has a distinctive sound throughout but at almost 70m I feel like it doesn't do enough with it. songs began to blend, couple tracks were a bit too jammed out. I think I'd prefer it if some of the songs were still in sketch form, like 1-2minutes long the way flylo does it. Jellyfish Supernova's a killer one though.
I know we talk comedy in here but I've been sleeping on Marc Maron. I haven't seen his tv show but I thought this stand up special was hilarious, definitely recommend:
http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/70273401?trkid=13630398
All I've heard/seen of maron is a couple eps of WTF and him on Louie, and while they're fine they didn't ever wow me. I love how every other comedian nowadays loves to parody Maron though, Aukerman doing him on comedy bang bang was hysterical. But I've never seen Maron's actual stand-up, so I might check this out down the line.

Tokubetsu

ot sorta: HRD this Pelago/Grenier record's a good chillout album. I like that it has a distinctive sound throughout but at almost 70m I feel like it doesn't do enough with it. songs began to blend, couple tracks were a bit too jammed out. I think I'd prefer it if some of the songs were still in sketch form, like 1-2minutes long the way flylo does it. Jellyfish Supernova's a killer one though.

All I've heard/seen of maron is a couple eps of WTF and him on Louie, and while they're fine they didn't ever wow me. I love how every other comedian nowadays loves to parody Maron though, Aukerman doing him on comedy bang bang was hysterical. But I've never seen Maron's actual stand-up, so I might check this out down the line.

I only really like Maron's podcast, and even that is hit or miss.

Yeah, I tried an ep of his show and it wasn't for me. This standup is great though, I was legit busting my side at a lot of the material.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom