• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

adult swim singles series 2014

June 9th – Giorgio Moroder
June 16th – Machinedrum
June 23rd – Destruction Unit
July 4th – Fatima Al-Qadiri
July 7th – Tim Hecker
July 14th – Speedy Ortiz
July 21st – Sleep
July 28th – Future (w/animated video)
August 4th – Diarrhea Planet
August 11th – Oozing Wound
August 18th – Captain Murphy
August 25th – Deafheaven
September 1st – RP Boo
September 8th – Mastodon Feat. Gibby Haynes
September 15th – Run The Jewels
September 22nd – KA

big ander

Is all of that gonna be on some adult swim EP? Sounds eclectic

every year since at least 2010 [AS] has done a summer(-ish) series of new singles from a ton of artists. Looks like at the end of each summer they get put out on a compilation CD but you can always get them for free upon release iirc.

That's a crazy lineup too. On top of the bolded Deafheaven, Hecker, Speedy Ortiz, Diarrhea Planet. Should be good

Vman

What up guys, I'm looking for some of Nas's hidden gem songs. Stuff off albums like Nastrodamus, I Am, or Untitled. Stuff that may be overlooked. Thanks and much luv.

Eh

I'm in the mood for some english gibberish brehs. Gonna do a special themed plug tonight. All cyphers, just 3+ guys going in over a beat on some battle/swag shit. Freestyles allowed too, obviously songs.

This is hip hop

http://plug.dj/gaf-hop/
We killin it in here

Esch

Banned
Man i really can't wait to see those animal ambition numbers. This is gonna be super interesting. I feel like 50 cent has so many stans but I seriousyl can't pin down what this guy is gonna do. anywhere from 25-100k maybe?

Esch

Banned
I heard 30k lol

ibrXvKJR2nuPrT.gif

Damn homie,
In high school you was the man homie,
The fuck happened to you?

Esch

Banned
30k is ehh. ~50-70k would be caking though.
Not at all. Even if he were completely indie that'd be ~1050000 at 15 a pop and that's before you take away all the money he spent on features, videos, promo, printing, distro etc. That's objectively crap for a guy with a diamond certified album no matter how you slice it. I'm ready to hear you spin this like a dyslexic windmill though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Not at all. Even if he were completely indie that'd be ~1050000 at 15 a pop and that's before you take away all the money he spent on features, videos, promo, printing, distro etc. That's objectively crap for a guy with a diamond certified album no matter how you slice it. I'm ready to hear you spin this like a dyslexic windmill though.
So... you expect 50 to do 250k? Even 100k? 50 said himself, there's no win scenario here. The differential between what he's probably gonna do and what he'd do in an ideal condition where Animal Ambition was something more than mediocre isn't big at all. 50 is a relic of the past, he is directly associated with a movement that is now passe and he knows he has no place in the game now. His contemporaries are even worse off, but he has not been able to sustain and adapt like Jay, Nas etc. because they were never so damn embedded in a single era. 50 began losing his grip as soon as Curtis came around.

I expect him to do closer to 100k off of the brand itself and greater international appeal, but really I wouldn't be surprised if he does 30k. Something mid-way is great for the position 50 is in.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
50 doesn't have to sell a single album. He already made his money, had his multi platinum sales, started and ended careers, and got himself into outside businesses that will keep him wealthy till he dies. Which is why we get garbage like animal ambition now. No motivation to make anything worthwhile.

50 doesn't have to sell a single album. He already made his money, had his multi platinum sales, started and ended careers, and got himself into outside businesses that will keep him wealthy till he dies. Which is why we get garbage like animal ambition now. No motivation to make anything worthwhile.

Exactly. Not only that, his recent moves with G-Unit are genius. Even if Animal Ambition sells like 30k, that's still probs 5k more than it would've sold before this buzz started. Again, not much, but straight into his pocket for minimal effort. And just wait for the G-Unit album, or at the very least a reissuing of older shit. This isn't 50 vs. Kanye anymore, but he knows that.

Esch

Banned
So... you expect 50 to do 250k? Even 100k? 50 said himself, there's no win scenario here.
90-120k would be respectable. That's about right for a comeback record for one of the biggest rappers of all time, right?

It's not about money though... It's about pride. He sees how Jay still moves units like crazy and shuts shit down every time he decides to fart out a verse. He sees the respect Nas gets with the Illmatic 20 year reunion. Lowkey, he even sees how well The Game is doing (still bewilders me) and wants a piece. He misses being culturally relevant. It's just funny to me to see the guy that used to spend all his time off record shitting on other people for not selling records. Remember what he did when Fat Joe sold 46k? Looks like he might not even move that. And it couldn't happen to anyone who deserves it more. Crab shit.

siddx

I could see you being right on that, but at the same time if he really wants to do Jay numbers he would be doing what Jay does. Get a host ot hot producers to make sure his album is filled with stuff that will get him play. That's the worst part of animal ambition. I dont know what producers worked on it, whether he picked a bunch of nobodies or just has the worst ear for beats in the world, but the production is abysmal on animal ambition. Not a single catchy beat. As much as Jay z sleptwalked through mchg, it had tons of beats that caught my attention. I am a tried and true fuck Jay z guy who thinks he is the most overrated rapper on earth, but I still gave stuff like Tom Ford a ton of listens. Animal Ambition is just fucking baffling. 50 is fucking baffling. Is he just trolling? Bored? Fulfilling contract obligations? Or has he truly lost any ability to make an enjoyable song? When garbage rappers like Gucci and future and problem and young thug and all the rap by numbers dudes can figure out how to make a fun song despite being as talented as a 13 year suburban white kid with thug delusions, you'd think someone like 50 who has at least a little talent could do the same.

Esch

Banned
I could see you being right on that, but at the same time if he really wants to do Jay numbers he would be doing what Jay does. Get a host ot hot producers to make sure his album is filled with stuff that will get him play. That's the worst part of animal ambition. I dont know what producers worked on it, whether he picked a bunch of nobodies or just has the worst ear for beats in the world, but the production is abysmal on animal ambition. Not a single catchy beat. As much as Jay z sleptwalked through mchg, it had tons of beats that caught my attention. I am a tried and true fuck Jay z guy who thinks he is the most overrated rapper on earth, but I still gave stuff like Tom Ford a ton of listens. Animal Ambition is just fucking baffling. 50 is fucking baffling. Is he just trolling? Bored? Fulfilling contract obligations? Or has he truly lost any ability to make an enjoyable song? When garbage rappers like Gucci and future and problem and young thug and all the rap by numbers dudes can figure out how to make a fun song despite being as talented as a 13 year suburban white kid with thug delusions, you'd think someone like 50 who has at least a little talent could do the same.
This isn't as easy as people make it seem. If so, everyone would be doing it (cost of some of the older guys aside) It's the ear dude. 50 has the cash to pay for someone like Mike Will. Plus magna carta had cuts from producers coming off inactivity/who haven't made a hit in a while like Swizz and Timbaland. These guys aren't the guaranteed hitmakers they used to be, etc. And stuff like Crown which was also produced in part by some little girl out in the middle of nowhere. He just doesn't know what sounds good anymore really.

50 is off contract/basically indie now. The only reasons he likely made Animal Ambition is because he wants the attention of being a rapper again and because he felt like making music. And as PhoenixDark has pointed out a bunch of times; there are lots of instances of songs he tried to put out as one-offs to see if they'd pop, much like Dre with Detox. He hasnt been receiving the results he thought he'd get, but he decided to go ahead and poop out an album anyway. Same thing would probably happen to Detox if it ever dropped, except that would move a lot more units since it's Duke Nukem Forever status.

siddx

True, I think I just have trouble picturing GRODT 50 being this fucking incompetent. But I have to remember he isn't the same guy anymore. He's just a rich dude who doesn't understand its been a decade since he knew what people liked.

Esch

Banned
It's actually funny because I think he could make an album that sells in 2014. You could ask me or almost any other gaf-hop poster to call up a couple producers for him and pick beats for him and pitch a more expensive sounding trap album with a few sampled tracks here and there and that shit would probably move more units. Have a couple drill rappers on it, use a hook by The Weeknd, Chris Brown or Frank Ocean instead of ones by Trey Songz, etc.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
And this is why the Jay hate is so dumb. The guy, like it or not, still has an ear for what's good. He can still spit out the occasional great verse. Meanwhile, even the people who came in new when he was already old are floundering. Turns out that when your entire persona is about being young, dangerous and an asshole, nobody cares once you're old. a Twitter comedian and still an asshole.

Funny enough, 50 shitting on everybody in the industry was once his schtick. Now, it's the reason he's having to get features from Kidd Kidd and beats from his chauffeur's barber.

Detox

What up guys, I'm looking for some of Nas's hidden gem songs. Stuff off albums like Nastrodamus, I Am, or Untitled. Stuff that may be overlooked. Thanks and much luv.
We need that lost tapes 2, 3, 4 and 5

ESCOBAR SEASON HAS RETURNED

izS7HbbRDWVmn.gif

iKKWPDSYxf0T5.gif

ihbuhxJwkXYyF.gif

Soundtrack to the Streets
Triple beam dreams
tales from the hood
Nas - Sinful Living
Nas - Stillmatic (freestyle)
Take It In Blood Pt. 2
Large Professor Nas-One Plus One
Nas - Blackness
Busta Rhymes - Don't Get Carried Away feat. Nas

Benzino - Do It My Way feat. Nas
In between us ft Scarface
Daz & Kurupt Feat Nas - Don't Stop, Keep Goin

J-LOVE ft Nas - Desert Eagle Mouth Pieces
Nas (Esco)-Lets Go
Rough Around the Edges
Nas - Something( Foul Breeze)

E MoneyBags ft. Nas & Horse "I Want It"

Nas Hope (orginal version)
NATE DOGG Good Life Feat NAS

Nas ft. AZ and Nature - Time ( prod. Dr. Dre )
Yacht Music ft. Nas, Willie The Kid, Scarface & Marsha Amborsious
DJ Khaled - Hip Hop feat. Nas, Scarface & DJ Premier
Alicia Keys Ft Nas&Rakim Streets Of NY
Nas - Death Anniversary
Nas - The Scientist prod. Just Blaze) need full version of this
Nas ft. Jay-Z & Lord Tariq - Analyze This
Nas - Jungle Jay feat. Olu Dara
Amy Winehouse - Like Smoke (feat. Nas)
Nas - Life's Gone Low
Nas "Shine on 'Em
Nas - Silent Murder
Nas & Nature- In Too Deep
Nas - Colours
Don't body yourself
No Love Lost (Featuring Jay-Z) (unreleased - circa '98)
Killah Priest Feat. Nas - Crime Cardinals
The Notorious B.I.G. (Feat. 2pac, Mary J. Blige & Nas) - Living In Pain (prod. Just Blaze)
Nore - Body in the Trunk ft Nas
NAS - STYLES P - EASTSIDE STORY
Damian Marley - Road To Zion (Feat. Nas)
Hi-Tek - "Music For Life" (feat. J Dilla, Nas, Hi-Tek, Common & Busta Rhymes)
Kurupt & Roscoe - Gun 4 Gun ft. Killah Priest & Nas (Remix)
Me & Nas Bring it to Your Hardest - Slick Rick ft. Nas
Nas - Amongst Kings
Nas feat Jully Black - Material Things
Devin The Dude Ft Xzibit & Nas - Some Of 'Em
Bravehearts;Lil Jon;Nas - Quick To Back Down
Nas - Made You Look (Remix) feat. Jadakiss & Ludacris

QB's Finest - Da Bridge 2001
U wanna be me
Hardest Thing To Do Is Stay Alive

LAKE & NAS - ONE NEVER KNOWS prod. Alchemist

Salute to the G's who peeped the songs
inz2BX021DOA1.gif

itEiYMfaEe25j.gif

The rest of y'all
ib0T7AzogFYbIt.gif

izFQtpW4fKr78.jpg

iborSrXypo86pH.gif

Let Nas Down
iI9YMJ0kfYDlN.jpg

izr2HeAo01ZLM.jpg

but never forget

iNw2LCZUDWT2S.gif

iHDgnipmciKRr.gif

and
iyxLuRYzfKU01.gif

siddx

Nah I think he doesn't want us to forget Nicki Minaaj's dick game.

Esch

Banned
Detox with the greatest post in Gaf Hop history next to Toku calling Enzo garbage

Get the fuck outta here....

I might disagree with Enzo frequently but dude posts lots of good news snippets and new songs a lot of gaf hop misses on the regular and takes the time to analyze shit and post out cogent arguments for his positions. He also has good industry commentary. One of the best posters in this topic, easily. Smh @ you trying to shit on him

Grzi

I might disagree with Enzo frequently but dude posts lots of good news snippets and new songs a lot of gaf hop misses on the regular and takes the time to analyze shit and post out cogent arguments for his positions. He also has good industry commentary. One of the best posters in this topic, easily. Smh @ you trying to shit on him

Yeah, I'm gonna have to jump in to cosign this, if it wasn't for Enzo I'd miss out on like a million songs, he does some serious work, without him and HRD this thread would be worth like half of what it is right now.

Detox

We've got mixtapes now so we get most of the stuff that wouldn't have been released but I can imagine all the lost songs from 90s that dj's got in their stash and they played once on radio. Only chance to hear them is if someone recorded it on tape. The guys from the 90s vaults run deep I would kill to hear the shit they got.

Lmao dude I'm just kidding. Geez you probably took it harder than Enzo would.

Apparently my troll is too strong
kttcolipachaha

People actually took that shit serious smh.

siddx

Enzo is so awesome it doesn't matter that he's a crazed kanye Stan.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

kttcolipachaha

That's the same shit you spit after Q came with that weak shit. He wasn't trolling, he just sucks.

Like YOUR FACE

Esch

Banned

kttcolipachaha

In all fairness your posts are hot garbage 100% of the time so I can't be blamed for it. Either way Enzo that's a gaf hop original...
ufdup.png

We've got mixtapes now so we get most of the stuff that wouldn't have been released but I can imagine all the lost songs from 90s that dj's got in their stash and they played once on radio. Only chance to hear them is if someone recorded it on tape. The guys from the 90s vaults run deep I would kill to hear the shit they got.

That Big Sean looking cat DJ Clue probably has an insane external harddrive. I looked into some of the mixtapes he dropped a couple weeks ago and shit was powerful

IrishNinja

Nas tribute was some moving shit, plus we get Lupe crying about better MC's...this has been a fine page

also Enzo sometimes posts booty buttcheeks tracks/opinions but he's a good dude

Furyous

Lupe Fiasco accusing hot 97 of Kendrick dickriding

See: 23:00 mark

This is pretty funny but smh at dude talking all kinds of shit about Kendrick. You can tell he's mad because his lane got low key swiped up by dude.

Lupe's lane never got swiped. He puts out albums that are universally critically acclaimed and he tours. That's his lane. He's lasted longer than I expect Kendrick to. Tying yourself to coast leads to popularity and attention fading somewhere after your second to third album as the face of that region/sonic sound.

50 stans are not caring about sales? That's all they cared about for the entirety of his career.

Fiddy lost.

Ebro was right, that did fragment that region for a long time. It's kind of a W since it's independent but Fif spent years shitting on artists because of first week sales. People are somewhere partying off this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom