• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

man this wiggle wiggle song is so lazy it feels like weezy had a hand in it

nice! hope this one stays in rotation with me longer than his last one did

Lasers was a solid record. Wasn't that his highest selling record? If the label forced him to have songs with catchier hooks then I'm all for it. There were some clear duds on that album. I define last as having a successful relevant career after the initial hype has died down. Lupe dropped one verse last year that shit on almost everything that came out that year. While I'm going in, Lupe is being nice in this interview. He's a better MC than Kendrick and makes better more memorable IMHO records.

i don't know how much it sold; it was a weed plate with all black everything on it and most sensible lupe fans got off the train after that disappointment

lupe's verse last year shat on nothing. dude couldn't even do a cover of T.R.O.Y. justice

nothing dude ever did was GKMC tier, though his first 2 were on part with section 80 at least

Pharrell producing the majority of Snoop's new album Holy shit please be good I love when they get together.

i predict a fun radio single and not much else, hope i'm wrong

Yeah but Lupe wrote gaf-hops #2 album of 2013

did we even tally shit up last year? 2013 was slow but not that slow

well damn, the new mos def album/mixtape/whatever is pretty good so far

yeah, it's about what i expected going in - some b-sides and mash-ups that work well together

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think I've given up on Snoop. He just doesn't do anything for me anymore. Not on a feature, not on his last few albums. I wonder what it'd take to get me interested again. Pretty much since the Blue Carpet Treatment I've slowly stopped caring.

Cheddahz

Banned
adachi from persona 4 just dropped the hottest verse this year and all of you mutafuckas are sleepin on it

BpUVfdkIIAADfBN.jpg

IrishNinja

gaf-hoppers stay sleepin on adachi-san smh

I think I've given up on Snoop. He just doesn't do anything for me anymore. Not on a feature, not on his last few albums. I wonder what it'd take to get me interested again. Pretty much since the Blue Carpet Treatment I've slowly stopped caring.

i think that's about where most stopped checking for his albums, yeah
features are whatever, like i don't mind cause you know he's decades removed from the dude who did tha shiznit/etc, he can still put out a fun banger like drop it like it's hot from time to time, that's about the best i expect from future pharell colabs

Detox

Boogie Down Productions Criminal Minded Bundle (7 Inch Boxset with Cassette)

Just the vinyls

Just the cassette
For a limited time we are offering a bundle of the Criminal Minded 7" Boxset along with the Criminal Minded Cassette.
One of the most legendary releases in the history of music is now available as a unique bundle which includes a collectable 7” box set and cassette. For the 7" Boxset the entire original album is included across five 45s, housed in a durable box lined with two versions of the B-Boy Records logo. Each 45 is enclosed in a mini replica of the B-Boy 12” jacket. For the cassette it is available in a limited black shell.
A true classic, Criminal Minded was included in Vibe Magazine’s 100 Essential Albums of the 20th century. KRS-ONE's combination of street slang and Webster’s dictionary knowledge backed by Ced Gee & Scott La Rock’s hard hitting, minimal beats helped set this album apart when it was originally released in 1986. With this now-classic debut album, BDP helped to redefine the New York rap music scene. Criminal Minded elevated the standards and proved that rap could be a dynamic and consciousness-raising medium. Since its release, KRS-ONE has gone on to become one of the most prolific and critically-acclaimed artists in Hip Hop history
1401728467-h.jpg

1401728476-h.jpg

1401728494-h.jpg

1401728510-h.jpg

IrishNinja

i love Criminal Minded but maybe not $50 love

That's good. It's a good album. I think you would have liked it well enough in a vacuum without all the dicksucking.

yeah i was personally disgusted by the way gafhop was all over such a top-tier and cohesive album like that

IrishNinja

fuck not being able to clear samples

an album is an album, mixtapes are what you give to someone you're interested to make sure their music tastes aren't shit.

wait i get that's why this is a mixtape, but is that why he's not using his name or whatever? still don't get why he changed it but dude will die the mighty mos def by me

overcast

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I liked quite a few songs off of Lasers. Break The Chain is still my shit. That Sway verse is unreal.

It's not just Lasers that killed Lupe for me. There's plenty of songs I've liked from him over the past few years, but the majority of them are insufferable and that's what's killed it for me. I know I'm going to listen to everything he puts out until the end of time, but I know I'm going to hate 90% of it and be okay with 10% of it.

Ab-Soul is accelerating towards that state at record speeds. I think he may even be further gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom