• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
You listen to like 15 albums in a year. It's okay
Close to double that last year. Not sure how the raw number matters either really. Listening to more shit albums by shit artists will only inflate that number. I've also listened to most of the albums other people are listing here (Pinata, Cilvia Demo, etc.).

Close to double that last year. Not sure how the raw number matters either really. Listening to more shit albums by shit artists will only inflate that number. I've also listened to most of the albums other people are listing here (Pinata, Cilvia Demo, etc.).
Because you critique a year and call it shit when you only listen to 15 albums a year. It's silly as hell to me, but I was just teasing you for the most part because I'm aware of you having problems on listening to music when you are doing other things like studying

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Hmmm....so far I got:

Isaiah Rashad - Cilvia Demo at number one.
Migos - No Label 2 at a distant second....not really sure where'd I go from there. Could be spacing on something, but not much comes to mind.

There's some other decent to good stuff so far like Pinata, Honest, MKL, Beach House EP and a handful of tapes, but I don't think I'd put them on my personal list of favorites.

There's plenty good tracks put out so far this year been not really a single project that I love from start to finish yet. Last summer Yeezus, Trap Lord
and NWTS
were up there for me. Had the full albums on repeat all summer instead of just cherry picking mixtape fodder. Still waiting on something like that this year.

effzee

That Poor Decisions verse was something serious. He has been dropping heat since early 2013 outside of a few weak tracks. He's not the golden child of alternative hip hop that he was when he first burst on the scene, and it seems as if he can't say anything these days without receiving a bunch of backlash for something that isn't even that serious.

At this point, he really can't win back the average hip hop fan back because of what's been going on with him the past few years, but everybody reaches that point in their careers where only the stans/loyal fans are going to give a shit about their music and Kendrick will eventually get to that point.

I personally enjoy Lupe's abstract lyricism and his socio-political commentary so I'll keep checking for his music. The only thing I didn't like about F&L2 was the production really. The tone didn't affect me that much, and despite the shit he says in interviews (aliens...for real bro) he doesn't really talk about conspiracies the way Canibus or Immortal Technique do in his music.

Pretty much how I feel.

F&L2 was far better than Lasers though. I forget the track title but the last track on the album was amazing. The one set in the future.

I just wish production would improve on his work.

Tokubetsu

I think the Project Pat album will be dope.

It will be. If Juicy J exec produces, make sure it's basically "Stay Trippy" PT II but harder it'll be great. Thats the thing with the mafia though, almost all of them have put out solid solo shit before. That hasn't really changed, they'll probably keep making solid music until the grave.

man i got kinda excited by this list, but then there's wayne at the end, just kinda bringing things down

Don't get me wrong his album could be straight ass and booty sweat but what he's been saying in interviews lately makes me believe he wants to leave something for his legacy. He's starting to notice the other good rappers out there are making good projects and with the resources and skills he has he can too. Plus I like the songs released so far. Maybe I'm being a little too optimistic I haven't fucked with Wayne since 04 I just would like a good send off before he retires
for two years and comes back

thabiz

the 10 so far

alchemist/budgie - the good book
amerigo gazaway - yasiin gaye
apollo brown - thirty eight
bones - deadboy
chester watson - tin wooki
freddie gibbs/madlib - pinata
moodie black - nausea
ratking - so it goes
riff raff - neon icon
step brothers - lord steppington

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I wouldn't say anything is AOTY material yet for me besides Black Hystori Project. YG and Oxymoron might slip in there if the rest of the year is as bad.

Been a pretty weak year thus far IMO.

The year started off great, but we're in a summer drought. the hip.hop industry seemingly adopted the video game industry time table and shit is feeling dry.

at least for me. Nothing has been jumping out and I've had weird music listening habits lately. mostly just on a podcast kick at the moment and not really listening to too much consistently.

Esch

Banned
The year started off great, but we're in a summer drought. the hip.hop industry seemingly adopted the video game industry time table and shit is feeling dry.
Yep shit is dumb as hell. Not dropping shit when dudes are trying to go out during the summer? Like I say every year summer is the perfect time to drop a standout indie debut or something

Yep shit is dumb as hell. Not dropping shit when dudes are trying to go out during the summer? Like I say every year summer is the perfect time to drop a standout indie debut or something

There's usually a big mixtape during the summer ala Acid Rap last year but nothing's turned up yet.

neon icon dropped around the right time. i think yg should have released now too instead of earlier.

pretty dumb with the drought though. i need new harry fraud like now.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
10358313_662465863807522_130992615_n.jpg

Slowbucks is having 50 investigated.
According to a report by AllHipHop, the aim of the investigation is to counter what him and his lawyer characterize as an attempt at “brand dilution” by 50.

Someone was saying this Slowbucks guy was a thorough street dude or something?

#ImABusinessMen

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
NY sitting around throwing pebbles at each other while Cali, ATL and the Chi (to a lesser extent) are building houses and movements.

RIP

I feel like ATL is more united from my limited exposure on the music side of things. Migos, Thug, Quan, and others seem to work together somewhat often.

Detox

I feel like ATL is more united from my limited exposure on the music side of things. Migos, Thug, Quan, and others seem to work together somewhat often.
The way some of the ATL cats have discussed it in the past it seems like there is some sort of big complex with many studios where most of the big name producers and up coming ones share so all the artists mingle among each other.

Bring back D&D studios

JohnDoe

Banned
I still cringe at Villuminati:

My verbal AK slay faggots
And I don't mean no disrespect whenever I say "faggot," OK, faggot?
Don't be so sensitive
If you want to get fucked in the ass
That's between you and whoever else's dick it is
Pause, maybe that line was too far
Just a little joke to show how homophobic you are
And who can blame ya?

WHY

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The way some of the ATL cats have discussed it in the past it seems like there is some sort of big complex with many studios where most of the big name producers and up coming ones share so all the artists mingle among each other.
Yeah, it seems sort of alien to everyone outside, but when I found out that Future was around in the Dungeon Family days and sat through some Outkast album recording sessions, it really opened my eyes.

Every time I see an interview with a new age ATL artist they're always talking about how they've been moving in the ATL for a minute and everyone knows who they are already, and I believe it.

I don't know if I should be embarrassed I can't name 5 artists from the GTA outside of Maestro/Kardinal/Drake.

Kanye West. New Testament. June 10th.
DETAILS NOW BRUH

*OFF TO KTT*

The other day I was listening to a Bones song, I think from his upcoming tape, either way I was really fucking with it. A lot better than what I heard from him last year

IrishNinja

Bronson seems to be one of the only NY acts i get into lately, which is weird but it's okay too. they got decades of classics, it's okay to take a decade off like this i guess

Kanye West. New Testament. June 10th.

i love how little effort it takes to look legit on this kinda thing
i mean, after those weird wedding details, where's dude's mindset right now? i'm expecting something pretty bitter/interesting and this looked like only half that

Tokubetsu

Flex ethering Dame
http://www.complex.com/music/2014/06/funkmaster-flex-rant-dame-dash-culture-vultures-music-industry

Spitta didn't get paid for either of the Pilot Talk albums, damn. Dame is trying to make a lane in that anti-white movement of rap. Not gonna work.

It's fuckery but this makes me respect Spitta more. He never talked about, rapped about it and somehow pulled through it. There are rappers that have whole careers based on bullshit way lesser than this.

Esch

Banned
Flex ethering Dame
http://www.complex.com/music/2014/06/funkmaster-flex-rant-dame-dash-culture-vultures-music-industry

Spitta didn't get paid for either of the Pilot Talk albums, damn. Dame is trying to make a lane in that anti-white movement of rap. Not gonna work.

This is why I don't fuck with dudes on The Coli stanning Dame just because of how things fell apart with Jay and the Roc. If you think Dame Dash is some type of innocent, pro-black bastion of ownership you're a fucking idiot. Guarantee you if Jay and Dame hadn't 'made up' he'd be making slick comments on his ass too these past couple weeks.

Free da guy Ski.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's fuckery but this makes me respect Spitta more. He never talked about, rapped about it and somehow pulled through it. There are rappers that have whole careers based on bullshit way lesser than this.
Spitta is one of the most genuine dudes in the industry. He lets his music speak for him.

RE: Dame

I wonder if Ye and Cam and stuff are just reluctant to air shit out because of the opportunities afforded to him. Suffice to say, people really have divergent opinions about Dame and the good/bad things he's done. I pretty much look at it like there were bad decisions on both sides and it's water under the bridge now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom