• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked quite a few songs off of Lasers. Break The Chain is still my shit. That Sway verse is unreal.
I like All Black Everything and Till I Get There on Lasers.

Lupe's personality just took a nosedive after The Cool. He got rid of his old team and just went full on ass hole.

All Black Everything is the only song I liked on Lasers

Most of the time if you ask people something they actually liked on Lasers, it would be that track. Could have been an extra for The Cool.

Still salty about how State Run Radio came out. All the Live versions I've seen were pretty dope but the CDQ version, and I'll admit I did play it a lot, was pretty dull in comparison...

Hugstable

Banned
Hey Gaf-Hop, I was just wondering what some of you think the top albums of the year so far are. I gotta make a 7 hour trip today and had enough to buy 3 full CD's, so I wanna make sure I make it through the trip with some new music. Since I'm new I might as well post this. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Musical Taste:
• Pick a coast to rep - West (From Cali of course)
• Favorite Artist - Kno (Cunninlynguists) and Mac Dre is classic. From big albums last year I really enjoyed Danny Brown. SchoolBoy Q gets down also, Oxymoron I haven't listened to and just bought it today for my trip.
• Best feature killer - As of last year, def Danny Brown
• Favourite producer - Kno
• Favourite album - Illmatic
• What's in your playlist right now? - I don't really make playlists I just go with whatever song I choose next -_-

Cheddahz

Banned
- The new Freddie Gibbs & Madlib album (which is entitled Pinata) is dope (be sure to get it through Best Buy, so you can get the bonus tracks)
- Ratking's debut album is also really good, though you may or may not like it due to the way the main vocalist sounds
- Rick Ross' "Mastermind" is also quite fun to listen to, it's a cohesive Ross album and one of my favorites from him
- In the mixtape world, Lil Herb (or G Herbo...both names suck) released a next tape called "Welcome to Fazoland" that just might be the best thing that's come out of the new Chicago rap scene (since I'm nice, I'll link you to the No DJ version of the tape)

Hugstable

Banned
- The new Freddie Gibbs & Madlib album (which is entitled Pinata) is dope (be sure to get it through Best Buy, so you can get the bonus tracks)
- Ratking's debut album is always really good, though you may or may not like it due to the way the main vocalist sounds
- Rick Ross' "Mastermind" is also quite fun to listen to, it's a cohesive Ross album and one of my favorites from him
- In the mixtape world, Lil Herb (or G Herbo...both names suck) released a next tape called "Welcome to Fazoland" that just might be the best thing that's come out of the new Chicago rap scene (since I'm nice, I'll link you to the No DJ version of the tape)

Oh damn I didn't realize Freddie Gibbs had a new CD out. Hell yeah, good looking out dude. Gonna check out Mastermind also. Thanks!

HiResDes

RAP AOTY:

1. Ratking - So It Goes
2. Isiah Rashad - Cilvia Demo
3. G-Side - GzIIGodz
4. Antwon - Heavy Hearted in Doldrums
5. Freddie GIbbs & Madlib - Pinata
6. Goldlink - The God Complex
7. Alchemist & Evidence - Step Brothers
8. Cyhi The Prince - Black Hystori
9. Nacho Picasso - Trances With Wolves
10. Chester Watson - Tin Wooki

Honorable Mention: Blue, The Misfit - Child in the Wild

Pinata is close to perfect, it's the defacto AOTY right now for me. Step Brothers and Cilvia are next. I haven't listened to Ratking yet but it's on my phone.

The only stuff I imagine knocking Pinata from #1 are Kendrick's album or whatever Roc Marciano releases.

HRD answer my headphone question from the previous page brah.

HiResDes

Pinata is close to perfect, it's the defacto AOTY right now for me. Step Brothers and Cilvia are next. I haven't listened to Ratking yet but it's on my phone.

The only stuff I imagine knocking Pinata from #1 are Kendrick's album or whatever Roc Marciano releases.

HRD answer my headphone question from the previous page brah.

I don't fuck with low-tier Sennheiser offerings, but it's such a common headphone that you can demo at any Bestbuy.

HiResDes

as long as des is fielding random questions:

how do you feel about cloud nothings?

Not quite as good as Attack on Memory to me, it's more consistent but doesn't have the highs of Attack on Memory when the latter album hits its really dark and nihilistic peak.

HiResDes

Hey coldvein I don't like emo at all really, but all of my friends swear by this Hotelier record, if you haven't heard it you might like it.

In other news this Peeway the Longway tape is mixed so I might have to throw this shit in the recycling bin, though I fux with some of the songs.

overcast

Hey Des, how were those Accidentally Extraordinary headphones versus the Audio-Technica ATH-M50's? Those are the two I'm looking at.

Damn, Des. Somehow I didn't think you would like Clivia Demo so much. It's an okay record. Neat production but maybe I need to give it a re-listen. I felt that Rashad had nothing really interesting to bring to the table lyrically.

IrishNinja

yeah Pinata's been on loop for me since i finally played it last week, it's pretty high up there for me so far. gonna try more off des' list as usual, than this riff raff i guess

I think I've had to Google every post in this thread. I think Moris just made that shit up, tbh

fuckin' thank you

coldvein

Banned
all jokes aside.

the album kinda falls off in the middle and doesnt really come back, but the first 1-4 tracks are legitimate modern day introspective bitter heaters. in my opinion.

pressure cooker, grace, ID thieves, cheat code.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Migos ft. Young Thug - 1017. Corny.

Peter & Ebro interview Migos again.

Eating.gif

EDIT: Yeah uh this is just Ebro talking about dick pics while Migos sit there awkwardly, damn I thought we were gonna get a legit sequel.

HiResDes

Hey Des, how were those Accidentally Extraordinary headphones versus the Audio-Technica ATH-M50's? Those are the two I'm looking at.
Kinda close to call, M50s slightly better isolation and midrange along with being more detailed. AE's slightly better comfort and bass quality. I find the M50 to have peaky treble, but everyone else loves them. The good thing is that the vanilla M50 is on sale since the M50x rendition is out.
new cloud nothings did nothing for me.

new blue sky black death tape though. mmmmmmm
I agree.

Des, since you're on it tonight, mind hitting me with some introspective shit? What's good in that arena right now?

Last semi-introspective things I listened to and liked:

...Unrelated tidbit, I think the new People Under the Stairs is going to catapult to my top ten

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I think I've given up on Snoop. He just doesn't do anything for me anymore. Not on a feature, not on his last few albums. I wonder what it'd take to get me interested again. Pretty much since the Blue Carpet Treatment I've slowly stopped caring.

If he did more poppy r&b ish like "This weed iz mine" then he'd be fun again. Dude isn't who he was 20 years ago (thankfully), he should just keep playing up his fun weed head shit and do fun tracks. he doesn't have shit to worry about anymore.

OKAY.

Finally, taking time to put in work. Dropping an EP in a month.

First leak. http://flightmuzik88.bandcamp.com/track/interstellar-trillionaire

Impressions would be helpful, but as always just the fact that some of yall listen is amazing to me.

like this shit, my girl even stopped playing katamari to come over and hit replay. good work man.

Unrelated: I might be warming up to Good Kid m.A.A.d. City

I knew this day would come...

1361559068_lwkuqbpqhh.png

eat my child. you look famished.

i know this doesn't really belong here but im happy to finally be able to say that my best friend got signed to carpark

http://carparkrecords.com/artists/

http://carparkrecords.com/artists/saintpepsi/

that's dope dude. I really hope carpark goes back and re-releases some of his older material (really hoping for a vinyl release for HIT VIBES, that album still gets a gross amount of replays from me).

I've been working on finishing FEZ at a full completion rate. This game is other worldly. Phil Fish is a god.
especially with a joint in my hand and bumping the Pinata (aoty) instrumentals. need a vinyl release for those as well.

HiResDes

Damn, Des. Somehow I didn't think you would like Clivia Demo so much. It's an okay record. Neat production but maybe I need to give it a re-listen. I felt that Rashad had nothing really interesting to bring to the table lyrically.

It seems like for you guys lyrics play a much bigger factor in your enjoyment of an artist, but for me lyrics only make up about a third of the picture. Production aside, I often enjoy how an artists speaks as much as I enjoy what he's saying. I mean I like artists like Black Kray and Ruben Slikk so this should be apparent. With that being said, Rashad brings much more to the table lyrically than some of ya'll are making it seem, he actually manages to do the swagged out cloud rap thing rather well all while remaining at least somewhat introspective. I love Freddie Gibbs, but he's not the lyrical messiah some of ya'll are making him out to be, and when I play an Armand Hammer track which is really kind of an intricate record I feel like some of ya'll have no clue what is going on...It's perplexing.

DominoKid

my rap aotys so far

Future - Honest
YG - My Krazy Life
100s - IVRY
Freddie Gibbs - Pinata
Goldlink - God Complex
Lil B - Hoop Life
Isaiah Rashad - Cilvia
Migos - No Label 2

that's all i got in contention so far.

Favorite Projects So Far

Isaiah Rashad Cilvia Demo
100s IVRY
Schoolboy Q Oxymoron
YG My Krazy Life
CyHi The Prince Black Hystori Project
Vince Staples Shyne Coldtrain Vol. 2
BIG K.R.I.T. Week of K.R.I.T.
50 Cent Animal Ambition
Future Honest

IVRY is number one on my list.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I wouldn't say anything is AOTY material yet for me besides Black Hystori Project. YG and Oxymoron might slip in there if the rest of the year is as bad.

Been a pretty weak year thus far IMO.

I wouldn't say anything is AOTY material yet for me besides Black Hystori Project. YG and Oxymoron might slip in there if the rest of the year is as bad.

Been a pretty weak year thus far IMO.

I agree but there's some good looking projects coming later this year Kendrick, Kanye, Common, Nas, Ab-Soul, Jay Rock, KRIT, Q-Tip, Wanye, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom