• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't trust someone who treats everyone like shit; Dame doesn't have many legit friends if any. He treated Jay like a product, which was beneficial for awhile but once Jay became Jay it was only a matter of time before Dame was out.

It's crazy how a lot of old head execs are back in the game. Lyor is doing big things, Liles is back, Steve Rifkin is too, etc. Meanwhile Dame is pretty much done. There was a time when he could have had Spitta, Wiz, Mos Def, and Jay Electronica. Nobody signed with him and now his music career is pretty much over.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Every single interview or article I've ever read involving dame dash has made him seem like a massive slimeball. Just a bullshit spewing, untrustworthy, self deluded asshole.

Esch

Banned
The Game releasing an album that's title is a portmanteau of a Jay-Z album title and a Mobb Deep album title

What's wrong with this weirdo
jq7JEs2P8vj45.png

Dame responded lmao

Hey @djfunkflex would not have an issue with another man over another man… I believe a man should speak up for himself and I really hope you would never desrespect me over another man I’m 43 so what I will do is give you an interview live where you can ask me any question you want and joi can as well…I was wondering who was gonna defend him from our culture… Funny that’s is you but…but I think you should have called me out of respect…but well talk about that face to face like men…your over 40 as well
SOwCzsF.png

on Lyor:

Look how happy the culture vulture Lyor Cohen looks to be getting money off all of us and our authentic experiences… We’re all mad cause we can’t make money of his him cause he never did anything cool ever…I wonder what sell out from our culture that has been employed by them for years is gonna stick up for him like @djfunkflex did for that clown joi It’s funny how they try to make us fight each to take the focus off them robbing the us…Old trick and I m not going for it… Let’s keep the focus on them… The divide conquer game is over… I’ll deal with @djfunkflex later
http://allhiphop.com/2014/06/05/dame-dash-responds-to-funkmaster-flex-disses-lyor-cohen/

Don't give him an interview, that's what he wants. He's using this to gain interest. Just last week he did a youtube video about Jay/Solange and got 300k views, I'd bet this is him trying to rebuild himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt29Tv5UNrM
so passive aggressive

2010:
XXLMag.com: What exactly is your situation with Dame? Is there a contract involved?

Curren$y: Honestly, I don’t know outside of me how the business is run, as far as DD172, but [with] me and dude, there is no physical, no black or white, nothing on no paper. It’s just understood, nothing had to be said, so it’s been all good. That’s the same situation I tried to have anywhere I was. It’s never been no confusion, I always wanted to be on the real nikka standards: If I fukk with you, I fukk with you. So we got that understanding. I have companies, he has companies and I gave him percentages and shyt. Like I got Jets International, I got this line I’m about to do with New Era and shyt and he got like 10 percent of that shyt. It’s just some homeboy shyt. It’s crazy because it’s like I known him forever, but I haven’t. I’ve only known him for exactly how long you’ve seen me around him. But it’s just like it was understood. We both been through a zillion fukkin’ bumps and bruises in this game. At this point, it’s like fukk that shyt, we just hustlin’.
http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2010/03/curreny-my-sophomore-year/

yooooooooo

DominoKid

thats why i kind of roll my eyes when i see Future talking about not actually locking some of these artists down to paperwork.

i couldn't trust people that much to pay it back down the road. real nigga standards and business don't usually mix.

Yall peep this Master P and Mannie Fresh beef?

I don't know what's wrong with this star wars alien looking dude Mannie Fresh but dissing Master P is one of the dumbest things I could ever think of. What a horrible horrible idea.

P's response from the No Limit site

I guess every old head woke up in June and decided to act like a fucking asshole.

EDIT: :whew: @ TI rapping along to Say Hello

"All my ladies, if you got your real hair make some noise"
*couple chicks murmur*

damn

Esch

Banned
thats why i kind of roll my eyes when i see Future talking about not actually locking some of these artists down to paperwork.

i couldn't trust people that much to pay it back down the road. real nigga standards and business don't usually mix.

Fail to use the legal system to ensure you receive goods ($$$) for the services you render (the rap music), brehs

overcast

First song that's really dope from the album (if it's from the album?).. Need a new Ferg album.
Anyone else listen to to the Shots Fired Fired podcast? Never posted about it before, but I think a lot of folks would enjoy it. Nocando, Jeff Weiss, and usually a guest every week. Some topic only episodes but I like those. Vibe is a lot like GAF-Hop in general tbh, laid back, some nerdery, and a lot of general fuckery. Some episodes that might go over well here:

Ratking
Qbert
Isaiah Rashad
El-P
Ty$
Peanut Butter Wolf
Roc Marciano
On Jay-Z
Bonobo
On Battle Rap
This looks good, gonna check it out.

Favorite albums of the year:
Freddie Gibbs/Madlib - Piñata
Ratking - So It Goes
Isaiah Rashad - Cilvia Demo
Goldlink - The God Complex

Some other decent/good ones, but these are the ones I loved. I also haven't listened to a few of the releases enough, or at all (Cyhi).

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
When did opinions change on Civilia Demo? I seem to remember the consensus being it was boring as hell. Which it is.

overcast

I really like a good half of Neon Icon. Could have done without like 4-5 of the songs, and I personally didn't need two versions of "How to be the Man" on here. Riff knows how to make a hit track, and some of the production on here is just crazy. Inconsistent is all. Kokayne love is the only bit I don't get.

A lot of it will be great summer music though.

Courage

Neon Icon suffers when Riff Raff tries to troll a little too hard with his slower, poppy tracks.

Kokayne is the only exception.

Furyous

You can't trust someone who treats everyone like shit; Dame doesn't have many legit friends if any. He treated Jay like a product, which was beneficial for awhile but once Jay became Jay it was only a matter of time before Dame was out.

It's crazy how a lot of old head execs are back in the game. Lyor is doing big things, Liles is back, Steve Rifkin is too, etc. Meanwhile Dame is pretty much done. There was a time when he could have had Spitta, Wiz, Mos Def, and Jay Electronica. Nobody signed with him and now his music career is pretty much over.

Liles book is amazing. Seriously, if you get the chance to read it then go ahead because it's inspirational.

Dame responded lmao

SOwCzsF.png

on Lyor:

http://allhiphop.com/2014/06/05/dame-dash-responds-to-funkmaster-flex-disses-lyor-cohen/

Don't give him an interview, that's what he wants. He's using this to gain interest. Just last week he did a youtube video about Jay/Solange and got 300k views, I'd bet this is him trying to rebuild himself.

Flex is corny for this. Who is he to speak on this? Dude has a litany of pointless rants in the past few years. He's past his prime and is not someone that can talk down on others. Dame put a lot of people on and gave brothers opportunities they would not have. Flex is on some super industry shit right now and it's funny. I hope the Breakfast Club has Dame on to tell his side of the story.

With that said, Dame should've adapted a bit better. However, he's still eating off hip-hop. Flex was really disrespectful in his rant and hopefully Dame checks him at some point.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
When did opinions change on Civilia Demo? I seem to remember the consensus being it was boring as hell. Which it is.

How is it boring? I mean, I know it's a fairly laid back album in general, not really about bangers or anything but I don't really get how it's boring.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
How is it boring? I mean, I know it's a fairly laid back album in general, not really about bangers or anything but I don't really get how it's boring.
It's like.. 75% filler and there are only 3 (maximum) good songs on the entire thing.

injurai

Banned
Anyone else listen to to the Shots Fired Fired podcast? Never posted about it before, but I think a lot of folks would enjoy it. Nocando, Jeff Weiss, and usually a guest every week. Some topic only episodes but I like those. Vibe is a lot like GAF-Hop in general tbh, laid back, some nerdery, and a lot of general fuckery. Some episodes that might go over well here:

Ratking
Qbert
Isaiah Rashad
El-P
Ty$
Peanut Butter Wolf
Roc Marciano
On Jay-Z
Bonobo
On Battle Rap w/ Dizaster and Cadalack Ron

Ooo I'll check some of these out.

That shit secures my place as the most influential poster here. I told dudes from day one it was dope, and predicted people would catch the wave. Now everybody fucks with it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
That shit secures my place as the most influential poster here. I told dudes from day one it was dope, and predicted people would catch the wave. Now everybody fucks with it.
wat.son

Danny Brown is getting upset on Twitter (...once again), though I guess he does have a point

EstlGmD.png
I don't get what he's bitching about. This happens all the time, and sometimes just mean the fit wasn't right. It's not always personal, nor are you guaranteed a spot.

Esch

Banned

Naw, i'm still sticking to how i felt about this one. Cool beats but missing a big 'x' factor on the rap side. Dude just sounds and raps in a really unremarkable way.

effzee

wat.son

I don't get what he's bitching about. This happens all the time, and sometimes just mean the fit wasn't right. It's not always personal, nor are you guaranteed a spot.

I get that his frustration would be that if you asked for a feature from him, it was obviously because he would fit.

The guys who just get thrown on tracks for pure marketing, like 2 chainz or Future are obvious. There is no thought behind about making the song better. Its just putting anyone who is hot at the moment onto a track.

But when you ask Danny or say any other dude who isn't just about commercial appeal, you would think it was already decided that he fits.

Esch

Banned
Rashad is just cornflakes status.

I'm gonna keep it real, if he wasn't a TDE affiliate someone and just the bandcamp artist that he sounds like trying to come up, someone like PhoenixDark would probably have ignored or passed on him, because he really isn't memorable enough so far to make it on his own. The only person who i can see as REALLY being honest about how much they like him is HiResDes because he'll fuck with soundcloud tier artists based on their merit.

But for me, enzo is right; couple of cool songs, but the lion's share is forgettable.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I get that his frustration would be that if you asked for a feature from him, it was obviously because he would fit.

The guys who just get thrown on tracks for pure marketing, like 2 chainz or Future are obvious. There is no thought behind about making the song better. Its just putting anyone who is hot at the moment onto a track.

But when you ask Danny or say any other dude who isn't just about commercial appeal, you would think it was already decided that he fits.
Just because the artist is a fit, doesn't necessarily mean the verse ends up being a fit, especially if you're not a one dimensional rapper or have one style. Maybe Danny came goofier than they wanted, or he came with more mellow delivery.

It's regular stuff. I get being disappointed, but nothing to get your panties in a bunch about. Danny seems to be aggravated that his career is going nowhere despite being associated with people blowing up like Q and Rocky. Dude is mad frustrated with being indie.

I'm gonna keep it real, if he wasn't a TDE affiliate someone and just the bandcamp artist that he sounds like trying to come up, someone like PhoenixDark would probably have ignored or passed on him, because he really isn't memorable enough so far to make it on his own. The only person who i can see as REALLY being honest about how much they like him is HiResDes because he'll fuck with soundcloud tier artists based on their merit.

But for me, enzo is right; couple of cool songs, but the lion's share is forgettable.
This post is #FactsOnly

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

That's what I'm saying. Cornflakes are alright. Not what you ever really want to eat, but if they're in the cupboard and a bowl is clean, cool.

Ab Soul woke up a bit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXkD09OGPNs

"I'm Lupe Fiasco on drugs" - Soul lurks GAF confirmed

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom